Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Jain
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K JainYour feedback matters!
I m getting exposed parts color black. Neck, face, hands and feet. Y it happens, how to get normal Colo r.
Sir I am 19 years old. I have skin problems. I have many pimples and acne, dark spots on my face from last 2 years. Please suggest me what should I do?
I have very oily skin which makes it very dull and inactive currently am using ahaglow facewash but I am not satisfied with results and frequently I had to wash my face. Please Prescribe some facewash which gives you the oil free look for at least 8 hour's?
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have tiny holes on my face from that whiteheads are occurring what should I do to make my facialnskin normal?
I have black spots as well as pimple on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
My skin in slightly black and pimples are going around my cheeks what is the process to reduce pimples and glow of skin.
I have a problem in my skin and whole body, my face is filled with dark spotted and wrinkles and also pimples. Beside this some red spot grow daily in my whole body. What should I do please suggest.
I m 25 years old I am fair but above to my mouth have a black skin how to remove it I used turmeric powder and facial pack also no improvement what I want to do for remove that.
Dear sir, I have black dark spot my nose, I daily used scrub to remove such black spot, but it would be a worthless. Please advise me, how I can remove such black spot on my nose.
I'm suffering from skin disease. It is ringworm I think so because it is in round shape and it's area is increasing. It's on my both tight just side of pvt area. I used scar lotion and quadriderm and Four Derm ointment of Copland but no improvement. Does it happen because of impure blood? Please suggest me medicine and the cause why ringworm happens?
I have dark circles from 2 years not too much but still its not going completely I have taken medications from allopathy and tried ayurvedic also.
I am 19, my skin (on face) is not clear and clean, Many acne and pimples are growing one after one day by day ,and blackheads and dark spots also. My skin is oily too. Its all happening since last 1 or 2 years. Give me best method/way to get rid of these and get a clear glowing face.(Sorry 4 bad english)
I want yo become fair. I have oily skin and when I go in contact wid sun my skin become dull. Suggest me any cream. Or a effective medicine for fair skin. Someone suggest me BERBERIS AQUIFOLIUM Q but its not available online. And I hve many white hair. I am 19 year boy.
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Monsoon is a season that brings respite from the sweltering heat and ushers in joy. But at the same time the season also brings along diseases and a threat to the skin and hair. However, all it requires is a little effort from your part to keep your skin glowing and healthy. Some of these are:
- Wash your face daily: The pores of your skin tend to get clogged with dirt and pollutants during monsoon causing the outbreak of pimples and rashes. Therefore, it is imperative to wash your face two to three times a day to avert these eruptions. You can also use a toner in case you have dry skin to keep the pores clean.
- Use moisturizer: Though using a moisturizer is almost always associated with winter, it is equally important to use it during monsoon especially during the nights. Night is the time when the skin tries to repair itself on its own, therefore applying moisturizer helps in averting the wrinkles and maintains the glow of the skin.
- Exfoliation of the skin: Monsoon is the time when your skin requires the most pampering, therefore, an exfoliation at least once in every week will help you to keep the dead cells away, consequently helping you to keep your skin glowing and soft.
- Apply sunscreen: Similar to a moisturizer, a sunscreen is a product whose benefits are strictly associated with summer. But that is not rather should not be the case. During monsoon, even though the rays of the sun may not seem harsh, it can as well damage your skin; therefore applying a sunscreen should be something you must not miss.
- Eat green vegetables: Your skin reflects not only the benefits of the cosmetic products that you apply on it, but also what you eat. Eating oily and junk products show their mark on the skin sooner than later, therefore the trick is to stay away from them and indulge in green vegetables. Your skin will inevitably show the benefits soon.
- Eat fruits: The benefits of eating green vegetables and fruits go hand in hand. Rich in antioxidants, fruits help in maintaining the luster of your skin.
- Drink lots of water: Water has plenty of advantages and it takes care of the skin, health as well as hair. Drinking plenty of water during monsoon takes care of the skin and keeps the glow.
Related Tip: "Advantages of Skinboosters"