Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Das
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S K DasYour feedback matters!
If someone has pcod than what are the problems a women can suffer form? And if she had pcod then she can be pregnant or not?
My friend's periods got delayed and during that she had unprotected sex. The periods were delayed for another 1 week and she took 2 pregnancy tests. She took Mifepristone - this is called the abortion pill or RU-486. Misoprostol and 3 other medicines. She puked once after the third pill among the five. Now the pregnancy test shows negative and still she has not got her periods.
When you are potentially exposed to HIV, and if there is a way to prevent from getting infected, you will seek to perform it. One such procedure is Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) which must be initiated within 72 hours of possible exposure to HIV.
What is PEP meant for?
The Human immune deficiency virus causes HIV infection that affects the immune system and is considered to be one of the deadly forms of infections. This virus spreads through bodily fluids such as blood, semen, vaginal fluids and breast milk. There are chances of encountering the infection under the circumstances such as having sexual intercourse or sharing needles with an infected person by accident. In such a case, PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) can come to your aid in preventing the infection.
The medical term PEP refers to the intake of ARV or antiretroviral medicines after being exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus. To be more specific, PEP is a short-term antiretroviral treatment that works towards reducing the symptoms and likelihood of the HIV infection after being exposed to it.
Who should opt for PEP treatment?
PEP can be ideal for everyone who comes in contact with the HIV and is an HIV negative. Whether one is exposed to HIV through a needle stick injury during his/her work as a health care professional, or whether it’s unprotected sex that has exposed one to HIV, or the sharing of used needles or through sexual assault, opting for the PEP can be the next best step as it is particularly meant for emergency situations.
When and how long PEP can be taken?
As per the research, PEP should be taken within 3 days or 72 hours from the possible time of being exposed to HIV. If taken after 72 hours, the PEP most likely cannot help in preventing the HIV infection, hence the sooner, the better in this case. The course of PEP involves 3 ARV or more per day for almost 28 days. Along with taking the ARV medications, one must visit his/her health care professional at certain intervals for HIV testing and other related tests.
Are there any side-effects of taking PEP?
When opting for PEP treatment, some people may experience a few side effects due to it, which varies from person to person, such as vomiting, nausea, headaches, diarrhea, fatigue, etc. However, none of the side effects are life-threatening and can be easily treated. Often, it is due to the reaction of the PEP medications with other drugs that one is taking at the same time that the side-effects start showing. Moreover, as PEP can potentially prevent HIV infection, this benefit certainly outweighs the inconvenience caused as side effects.
PEP is considered to be one of the most effective and promising treatments available for preventing HIV infection if taken correctly and within the certain time duration. In case one thinks he or she has been exposed to HIV somehow, talking to a health care professional regarding PEP becomes crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Have multiple follicle on ovary. Also ovary size increased. But in February it was all ok but now this problem arise. Also no hormonal problem, reports are fine. N I want to conceive naturally what to do to increase chances.
Im 27 years old female married for almost 2 years now. We are trying to conceive from past 4 months and last month we did it correctly keeping the ovulation period and fertile window in mind. The first date of my last period was 26Sep and my cycle is also irregular. But today got my periods :(wanted to know where we are going wrong? We use KY jelly for lubrication as my vagina gets dry quickly which causes immense pain while trying and also prior to trying I try to expand the opening capping my fingers with condom. Since we tried our best to maintain correct timing and also we tried every other day. Can you please suggest what should be done as we are desperate now :(
Hello sir/madam. My blood group is B -ve and my husband blood group is B+ve. How many chances are there to get pregnant? Thanking you in advance.
Hi Dr. is it safe to apply aloe vera to face during pregnancy and please give me some fairness tips in pregnancy beneficial to me and my baby.
My Friend and his partner had sexual intercourse with any protection. My friend is in doubt that his partner is pregnant. As few days are remaining to come her periods so that she is confirmed whether she is pregnant or not. If she is pregnant will any medicine work after 10 days of their intercourse please help.
Hi mai 30 years ki hu. Meri shadi ko 4 year ho gaye hai abhi tak pregnenacy nahi hai. Pahele to tube block hai karke lyprochopy ki. 2 sal ke bad fir bhi kuch aram nahi hai fir endromoitricys ka problem hai karke Dr. Bataya fir cysts ka problem ab kuch samj nahi aa raha kya karu pahele to Dr. Ne lyprochopy karane ke bad kah a ab sab normal hai. Muje period date to date ata hai .
Hi, i am 35 year old my last two period is not clearly there was two or three drop in means time but my stomach was paining and I have to bomet but not and all symptoms to am i pregnant I have to times check in pregnancy kit but that has showed negative what I do ?
I am 8 month pregnant my left side breast fibroadenoma is present pain occur for every day and my right side breast no pain no complaint after delivery can I feed the baby any difficult can occur for feeding the baby because fibroadenoma.
Hello mam, Week 4 preg confirmed on aug 28th 2015 On sep11 th, 2015 (6weeks) Oct 16th 2015 (11 week) Dec 18th 2915 (20weeks) Feb 17th 2016 (27 weeks) March 7 th (33weeks) Delivered a baby on april 2016 (36 to 37weeks duration) Pls let me know who is father for my baby did the new guy dna? Or my husbands. I was with my husband for the hole month of august n only on sep 4th 2015, this incident happened. Pls let me know im confused.
Dr. mam I had confirmed my pregnancy this is my 1st month of pregnancy mam can I have sex during pregnancy and if yes till how many months I can have sex during pregnancy plz mam help it by clarifying my doubt.
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello, I am 24 years old female, married.my period cycle normally is 30 to 33 days but it's 39th day and no period and no any signs of pregnancy. Is it possible that I may not feel any sickness if pregnant also and when does morning sickness starts? Shall I go for test now?
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!