Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K. BansalYour feedback matters!
I recently suffered from chicken pox. I have spots on my face. I want to get rid of those spots. What should I do?
I had black spots on my face. I used many creams but there is no use. Can you suggest me a best one to get rid of this.
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.
As we age, the fat volume on our face slowly starts decreasing. This results in the skin hanging loose and sagging down. Wrinkles also appear on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon is purely natural and happens to every human being with age. Maintaining freshness and everlasting youth is quite a tough task. Loosened skin does not look good and cuts down your appeal. However, there are some natural ways of skin tightening, which may make your skin maintain its tightness for a longer time period. Nowadays, surgeries for skin tightening are popular, but sticking to natural means is always best for your body.
Here are some common ways of skin tightening:
- Facial Masks: Facial masks are effective in removing extra oil from the skin. Accumulated dirt on your skin pores is also cleansed by using facial masks. They are pocket friendly and as an outcome, you look fresh and glowing.
- Facial Massages: Good quality moisturizers and special lotions are good for skin tightening. These have to be massaged onto your face in a circular pattern. Due to rubbing of the lotion on your skin, it reaches the inside and provides nourishment. You should preferably apply these creams or moisturizers before going to bed as new skin cells replace existing ones during the night time. The skin is very delicate and proper care must be taken.
- Exercise: Exercising on a regular basis is a healthy habit and it also helps in skin tightening. Women in their pregnancy stages, experience sagging or loosening of the skin. Inversion exercises help in increasing blood flow to a great extent and are recommended for tightening of facial skin. Performing a headstand rejuvenates skin cells. This is because, while doing a headstand the blood flows in the direction of your head.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water intake: If you want to maintain tight skin tissue, a proper balanced diet is quite essential. Your diet should comprise of every vital nutrient. Ensure that you are including a sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables account for natural skin tightening. Fibers must also be consumed. Intake of plenty of water is very important for healthy skin. You should drink more than 4 liters of water a day. In case of hot and humid days, the amount should be increased even more.
If you maintain the stated points in your life, you will be able to naturally maintain your skin tightness and keep away from surgery.