Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Bali
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K BaliYour feedback matters!
My 3 years old daughter hugs me and her mother very much but with her and our clothes up and enjoys the touch of body very much. Is this behavior of a child is normal or is this something to worry about and train/ counsel her. Please advise.
HB count of my son is 7.2. What is the best way to get it increased and what are the medicine or syrup I can give to improve the HB count. He is active and when someone sees him they won't feel he has any issues. Please help.
Hello my baby is 7 month and I am feeding ragi of 1st bite but problem is that when he does potty, Ragi particles goes out, is it normal?
I am having calcified granuloma i'm my Brain What does it mean? Is it dangerous for my body as I am a 17 years old boy!
My daughter is 4years 8month old. Yesterday she has been detected a minus cylindrical power. Does she need to wear spectacles all the time. What can help her reduce her power. What are the present technologies that can help her.
I am married and I had a 1 month old baby. I want to ask my baby is vomiting after feeding the syrups given by child specialist. Request please guide the cause and precaution to avoid.
Hello! Can you please tell me whether its safe to shave a newborn's head when its less than one month? My baby is now 25 days. I am just wondering if its good or bad to shave baby's head at this early age! What could be the perfect time to do this? Cesarean baby boy/ birth at 39 wks while in breech position. Thanks for the help. Best Regards.
Chickenpox is a contagious viral disease that mostly affects children. It appears on the skin as rash-like itchy red spots that can develop into blisters. The main parts of the body that get affected are the face, scalp, chest, belly, back, arms and legs. It generally starts in one location and cyclically spreads to other parts over the course of 1-2 weeks time.
Chickenpox is uncommon now since children are routinely immunised against it these days. Yet outbreaks keep occurring from time to time, for the cases who haven't been vaccinated.
What is the cause of chickenpox?
- Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) and spreads through direct contamination.
- If the blister breaks open and the virus infects the surface of objects, it gets transferred when one touches the object and then touches any body part, thereby spreading through contact.
- It also spreads through aerial contamination when a person infected by it coughs or sneezes, which allows the virus to extend to various surfaces.
- When an unimmunised child with a weak immune system comes into contact with an adult suffering from a shingles (a type of a viral infection in adults caused by the same chicken pox virus) rash, the child is susceptible to contracting the chickenpox virus.
Now let's turn our attention to the symptoms of this disease in children.
The symptoms of chickenpox do not manifest themselves till 2-3 weeks after contamination. The exact time required for the signs to show varies from person to person and is known as the 'incubation period'.
Following are the symptoms of chickenpox in children:
- Exhaustion and lethargy
- Swollen glands.
- High fever accompanied by a headache and body ache
- Loss of appetite
- Signs of dehydration
- The eruption of red rashes and fluid-filled blisters on the skin, which may become painful
- Chest pain and breathing difficulty, although it is less common
The symptoms of chickenpox tend to be milder in children than in adults and hence, identifying the signs is harder and may take longer.