Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K BaliYour feedback matters!
My niece is 6months old. Doctor told to start solid food, now my sister is giving semisolid food. What else can we give to baby.
If your toddler talks to you in gibberish what do you do? Experts tell us that you should act as if you understand what your child is speaking. It will encourage him to speak and he will pick up the mother?s tongue faster.
Parents? response to children?s activities makes a world of difference to their growth. If you indulge in a conversation with your toddler, he will feel encouraged to talk. Never mind if you can?t make out his blabbering. Words don?t matter, your attention does! Show interest and talk to your kid. Just wait and watch how quickly your baby picks up language skills!
What I have to do for proper growth of my 4 yr boy. How can I measure that he is proper growing or not?
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
Is this necessary to boil amul milk to give 1 year baby or we can use it without boiling, Because baby is not drink boiled and cool after boiling, it only take directly from packet, is this harmful for her health. Please advice.
Hi sir. Hamara ek baby boy hai 3 years ka. Wo bahut hi ziddi hai or hr time koi na koi sararat krta hai. Jis kaam ko mna kro wahi kaam krta hai kisi ki nhi sunta hai. Kabhi kbhar uska mood ho to baat maan leta hai. Kya aap iske regarding koi help kr sakte hain. Please help.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Could there be an endocrinology related issue that could cause obesity in children if they are gaining weight even with careful diet (no junk food, soda, overeating) and good physical activity?
I have 2 month baby. Because of cold we were didn't to bath the baby 3 day. Now her both chins and under lips area we found very very tiny pink color sore are here. One of them seen white sore. I am afraid about these. please tell me the remedies.
My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?
Hi doctor. Is lactogen safe for new born babies. My baby weight was 4.25 kg while delivery. Now it's 4 kg. My feeding is not sufficient for him it seems. So if it cries in hungry, we give lactogen often. Is it safe or it has side effects?
I have 3 week old baby. I want to know how much formula feeding we need to give her in per feeding. Means how many scoops and ml of water.
Taking care of a newborn is round-the-clock job as the baby needs constant attention. There are many parents who get stressed out as taking care of a newborn as a first-time parent is challenging. There is no need to get stressed out and the best way to keep a cool mind is to make use of practical strategies.
Practical strategies to follow to stay stress-free
A newborn baby in the family definitely brings a lot of excitement, but it also brings along much stress and fatigue to the parents. It is very important that during this time, you take care of yourself by eating a healthy diet and avoid giving up on sleep.
- It is also essential that you drink a lot of water and when the baby sleeps you should also sleep. You can work out a suitable night time schedule with your partner so that both of you can take care of the baby and rest as well.
- This way, you will be able to take care of your baby without getting extremely tired.
- It is important that you set up some visiting rules for your relatives and loved ones so that you get the required rest. It is equally important that you insist your friends to wash their hands with a hand sanitiser and then carry the baby.
- As a parent, it is very important that each day you set aside plenty of time for the nursing sessions, and if you plan to go out you must give yourself added time to pack the required supplies.
- It is essential that you spend more time with your newborn as it needs more attention and love from you.
- It is very important that you create a proper and perfect sleeping environment for your baby, and you should make use of a good mattress so that the baby sleeps comfortably and even you get to sleep.
Share your emotions with your partner
It is important for parents of a newborn to share their emotions with each other and stay connected with each other. By sharing your thoughts and emotions, you can lighten your mood. Parenting is definitely a challenging job and to enjoy this phase of life, it is important that the stress associated with it is handled properly. In case you are finding it hard to handle your baby, it is advisable that you consult a doctor, who will help you adjust to your new life with your newborn.