Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K BaliYour feedback matters!
My daughter is having loose motion for 3 days. Oflo m is been give 3.5 ml twice for 3 days. The frequency has reduced but the motions are still on. please suggest.
This question related to my younger sister she is 12 years old she has always stomach pain after 4-5 hours whats is the reason for this? or is this any infection in her stomach.
My daughter is 3.5 years old but she has not started eating everything now can you help me for the same that she should start eating and she also eats chocolates more, also she is on feeding what are the ways to leave her feeding. Please help.
My son is 4 months old.. My question is regarding average sleeping hours for this age babies.. My son sleeps 13-14 hours (approximately) a day.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Hello dear doctors, My son's eyes and face looks swell. He is 16 month old .his temperature is normal. Why does it happen?
I have a daughter age 10+years she has a problem of bed wet. wanted to get out from this problem please help me thank you.
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
When ever my husband squeeze my breast after some time. It leaks with some milk. Even though I stop feeding 1 year back. Is it any prob? Kindly suggest remedy.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.
My son 8 yrs old having type-1 diabetes, insulin 2 times a day, dose 9 units morning, 6 in evening. I tried best of nutrition but still his glucose levels variate from 60-70 at morning n 400+ in evening i. E. High fluctuations. Pls advise.
My brother is now 8 years old but some of his teeth is not growing but the baby teeth fallen 3 months ago.Please help sir .
My child school teacher suggested for OT to him. His age is 10 years. He is very hyper active kid and not studying properly.What can i do?
ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition characterized by an inability to concentrate and sustain attention. It is a biological problem of the brain.
Due to poor concentration the child feels bored easily and may become impulsive and appear to be mischievous
He may answer out of turn and will talk even when not spoken to.
He may have difficulty sitting at one place.
He maybe restless, fidgety and jumping about.
This will hamper his ability to remember things and may become forgetful and lose things.
This is something the child does not do on purpose and feels guilty and unhappy about, making the child feel low on self-esteem which may manifest as aggressive and rebellious behavior.
Tips for the teacher and parents
1. Keep the child close to her in the classroom
2. Keep the child away from the windows
3. Shower praise when he behaves appropriately.
4. Write important information down where the child can easily read and reference it
5.Divide big assignments into smaller ones, and allow children frequent breaks.
6. Incorporate Physical movement into classroom teaching.
7. Working with interruptions:
Reducing the interruptions of children with ADD/ADHD should be done carefully so that the child’s self-esteem is maintained, especially in front of others. Develop a “secret language” with the child with ADD/ADHD. You can use discreet gestures or words you have previously agreed upon to let the child know they are interrupting. Praise the child for interruption-free conversations.
8. Dealing with Impulsivity:
Give consequences immediately following misbehavior. Be specific in your explanation, making sure the child knows how they misbehaved.
Recognize good behavior out loud. Be specific in your praise, making sure the child knows what they did right.
Write the schedule for the day on the board or on a piece of paper and cross off each item as it is completed. Children with impulse problems may gain a sense of control and feel calmer when they know what to expect.
9. Dealing with Hyperactivity:
Ask children with ADD/ADHD to run an errand or do a task for you, even if it just means walking across the room to sharpen pencils or put books away.
Encourage the child to play a sport—or at least run around before and after school.
Provide a stress ball, small toy, or other object for the child to squeeze or play with discreetly at his or her seat.
Limit screen time in favor of time for movement. Your child will enjoy fast games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run.
Make sure a child with ADD/ADHD never misses recess or PT period.
My daughter is about to be 9 years old. Since the age of 5/6 years she has been seen rubbing her genital portion. What could be the likely cause and what as a parent should we do?
My baby is 2 month old. She does sleep. She controls her sleep. She falls off to sleep when I am breastfeeding her. The minute I take nipple out of her mouth she wakes up. Is it ok to give her a pacifier to put her to sleep and let the pacifier be in her mouth till she wakes up?
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast-feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.