Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Ghatak
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. GhatakYour feedback matters!
Greetings. My daughter is 3.5 months old and my wife is 30 years old. Lately, it seems our baby is not getting enough milk from her mother so as per my mom's advise, we mixed half boiled water in equal amount of cow's milk and tried spoon feeding her in a steel vessel. However, my baby is not drinking that spoon needed milk as she has a habit keeping her tongue out. Due to this, she is crying (not frequent though), usually she cries only when she wants to sleep. My mom says we shouldn't feed baby with nipple bottle as it is not good for teeth and hygiene issues are their too. I request expert pediatrician or any doctor who can comment on my below questions. 1. What can we do in this case so baby's hunger gets satisfied completely? I mean what ideally we should do? 2. For how many hours out of 24 hours, a baby sleeps which is less than 6 months old? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
I am male of 28 years of age. Size is small like an small baby boy, unable to erect and hold. Please help me an lady doctor.
My 2.5 years daughter weighs only 10.5 kgs, but she is active. She eats very less, even 1 roti she takes 1 hour to complete. (max she have 1 roti and small portion of other things like biscuit, chips, apple etc) As prescribed by doctor we are giving her Pediasure from last 3 months, but no positive results till datePlease suggest, how to increase her weight given she eats very less.
A child's first year of life is an amazing period of growth and development. Here's a snapshot of your child's growth and development during the first 12 months of life.
During the first year, your baby will grow rapidly. By the end of the first year, your baby will have grown about 25 cm (10 inches), and will also have tripled their birth weight. Your baby's growth will tend to come in "spurts"
Babies will reach a number of important developmental milestones during the first year:
Tracking a moving object with their eyes: around 2 months
Cooing: around 2 to 4 months
Raising head while lying on tummy: 3 to 4 months
Grabbing at objects: 3 to 5 months
Rolling over: around 4 to 6 months
Developing colour vision: around 4 to 6 months
Sitting alone without support: around 5 to 6 months
Starting solid foods: around 6 months
Pulling up: around 6 to 9 months
Crawling: around 6 to 9 months
Laughing, babbling, and making "raspberry" sounds: around 6 to 9 months
Imitating sounds (and perhaps saying "Mama" and "Dada" without knowing what they mean): around 9 to 12 months
Trying to walk or taking their first steps: around 9 to 12 months (may be later)
understanding several words: around 12 months
Helping your child grow and develop
The first year is your chance to get to know your baby. You will learn about their personality, the activities they enjoy, and the way they react to different situations. It's also a time where your baby will learn to know and trust you.
Here are a few tips on making the first year a safe and happy one:
Let your baby explore their world, but take steps to keep them safe. There are a few safety "musts" during the first year:
Take an infant first aid or CPR course so you'll be able to handle emergencies.
Be sure you have a properly-installed, rear-facing infant car seat that is certified by the CSA (Canadian Standards Association), and use it every time your baby is in the car.
Until your baby can roll over on their own, put them to sleep on their back.
Keep small objects away from your baby because your baby may choke on them.
Once your baby can move around, baby-proof your home. Plug outlet covers, lock drawers and toilets, install corner guards, keep small objects out of reach, and use baby
gates for the stairs.
Don't leave your baby alone with other children or pets. Also, don't leave your baby alone on a surface where they can roll off (such as a change table).
Talk, read, and sing to your baby: Even if it seems like they're not listening, their sharp little brain is taking everything in. Tell your baby what you are doing, and label objects, actions, and feelings.
Give your baby lots of love and attention. A baby who feels loved and secure will form a strong bond with their parents and feel more secure to explore the world around them.
Trust your instincts. Do what you feel is best for your baby. If something doesn't seem right, get it check out ONLINE www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Finally, keep in mind that every child develops at their own pace. The timeframes listed here are just averages - your child may reach these milestones earlier or later. If you are concerned about your child's growth or development, CONSULT your doctor ONLINE www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
My son 7 year old had fit attack 3 years back taking encorate and levipil 1bd. He is short tempered, break his toys and other things, his oral is good but he does not want to write very shy in school but opposite behavior at home. Are these symptoms of ADHD.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.