Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa TalukdarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 31 year old and my wife is 26, we have married before 3 month, can you suggest what is the best period to sex with her so she will get pregnant. Please help.
Hello sir, I am 7month pregnant in my upper side of stomach I have pain what it is .am afraid. Please guide
Hi, main 6 month running pregnant hu, mujhe bhtt jyada acidity ho rahi h, jo pet se lekar gale tak hoti h, pls koi fast relief bataiye jisse ye door ho jaye.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch
I had a protected sex with my partner few days back. Her periods are due on 15-16th of this month. As of now she is suffering from high fever. Is this any symptom of pregnancy?
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are one of the most painful disorders that affect humans. Kidney stones are solid masses of mineral salt deposits that are normally filtered through the kidney and emptied via urine. Urine has a natural substance, which dissolves these minerals, thereby preventing them into becoming solids or calculi. Sometimes due to dehydration, these salts don’t get dissolved and crystallization takes place. It grows large enough to obstruct the renal ducts or get stuck in the ureter, causing sharp and severe pain in the urinary tract. Untreated, kidney stones can cause renal failure
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning.
Basil leaves (Tulsi) are good for the overall health of kidney. Mix 1 teaspoon of juice from basil leaves with 1 teaspoon of honey and have it daily in the morning. You can also chew two to three basil leaves in order to remove the stones from the urinary tract.
The water and potassium content that is present in watermelon is an essential ingredient for a healthy kidney. It helps in regulating and maintaining the level of acid present in the urine. Eating watermelon or drinking its juice everyday will help in flushing out stones from the kidney.
Regular intake of celery helps in clearing the toxins that cause the formation of stones in the kidney.
Drink a glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper every morning. This helps dissolve the mineral salt deposits in the kidney.
Drinking plenty of water daily will produce clear urine each time you urinate. This will eventually help the kidney stones to pass.
Whole wheat bread is a rich source of fiber, nutrients and proteins along with magnesium. Having two to three slices of whole wheat bread daily will help a lot in lowering the risk of kidney stone.
Kidney beans are another effective remedy for treating kidney stones or any kind of bladder problems. You can simply remove the seeds from the pods and slice the pods in the water, allow the water to boil on low flame for an hour until the pods become soft and tender. Strain the liquid and leave till it cools, drink it several times throughout the day to get relief from kidney stones.
A proper diet is essential in keeping the kidney healthy and prevent formation of kidney stones. Drinking plenty of water and other fluids or liquids daily will help prevent most types of kidney stones. Consuming too much of calcium rich foods such as spinach, beet, cauliflower, carrots, almonds, sweet breads, coconut, turnip, Bengal gram, peas, whole-wheat flour and organ meats like liver and kidney can lead to kidney stones. One should also know to choose a diet that is low in salt and animal proteins. Keep away from condiments such as pickle, alcohol drinks, sauce, cucumber, radish, tomato, asparagus, onion, cabbage, meat and gravies as well as carbonated drinks.
Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps break down the calcium-based kidney stones. Drink two to three glass of lemon juice daily. This will help increase the volume of urination, which is really good for those having kidney stones
My wife is pregnant and is getting treated in a hospital abroad. 40! weeks, amniotic 70, foetal heart beat monitoring - good, oxytocin gave good contraction but cervix did not open. Dr. suggested cesarean but as we preferred normal Dr. sent home asking to drink more water and walk a lot waiting for labour. misoprostol or cerviprime gel are preferred here as Dr. fear that it could lead to uncontrolled contraction. What can be done to improve the probability of normal delivery.
Hello Dr. I am 23 years old. Meri 2 saal ki ek baby h and 2nd pregnancy hai 8 month ki. And meri peit me bht saare stretch marks pehle ke the. Aur bhi aa gye h.kya precaution lu. please help me.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese.
We are planning to postpone our pregnancy.So for that what we have to do ?We want a natural process.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
My menstrual cycle is usually late by 8 to 10 days. I got married in the month of June 2015. From Oct 2015, in my menstrual period 1st 4 days, there will be no much bleeding. But after that up to 10 days bleeding will continue and more bleeding will occur. Then it will stop. This month my cycle started 12 Jan 2016 and more bleeding is still continues. I don't feel more weakness, but some time feeling weak. I am scared. Please advise what should I do to stop bleeding.
Im 19 year old. I got my first periods when I was 12. Since my first time. I never got my periods regularly. I get in once in 4 months. N even aftr getting I bleed only for 3 days. I consulted my family doc she told me that it is because to stress. But im getting scared even aftr so many years im nt getting it regularly. Was shall I do so that I get my periods regularly.
I recently had my HSG test done and it shows both sides of my fallopian tubes blocked. It's been 2.5 years since my marriage and I also have hypothyroidism since birth. Do I have chances to conceive and why I am still having periods if tubes are blocked?
Helo, is mirtazapine 7.5 mg is harmful? How many months I have to take? Doctor has added up this medicine? I am already taking levipil 500 mg twice, venlite OD 100 mg once at night, sibelium 5 mg. I loss my consciousness in these day? Whether it effects me? Please help.
Beet juice: apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
Berry smoothies: acai is a fruit which has a south african origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
Pomegranate juice: pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
Carrot juice: carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
Cocoa: a harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.