Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rup Sanjida
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rup SanjidaYour feedback matters!
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However a new form of surgery called the laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results. This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved. Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time. Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities. The laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding the vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
I am Vijay and I have been facing unsteadiness (feeling imbalance while standing or moving and sometimes sitting) and blurry vision for the last few months. I was having BP (140/100 consistently. I had consulted doctor (general Physician) who had put me to neurologist who prescribed vertin 16 mg and for 2 weeks. I had taken it but in the evenings it would usually be very nervy and imbalance feel. I had also met eye doctor as per general physician advice who prescribed -0.5 eye glasses I started wearing it and I was getting used to it for the last few months. But the still the symptoms were not fully going and I always felt I did not need eye glasses since while wearing it I still felt difficult reading the monitor and could not fix my concentration/focus Again I met General Physician who asked me to take EEG and I had reviewed the reports of the same with General Physician. Doctor suggested that it could be anxiety/depression and gave me duzela 20 mg and CCM Tables (Vitamin, calcium etc) .I tool Duzela foe the last 3-4 months and still taking it and have stopped CCM tablets. I also took quogress for 2 weeks as per doctor advise. I feel a bit relaxed when I lie down for some time and then get up (imbalance goes off) and then comes again. I also feel relatively ok (not completely ok) in the mornings after taking duzela (20 mg) in the night time but after 3 Pm in afternoons I feel uncomfortable. I feel Lighting (visibility) is low for me when I am at office. I have not.
My mother is 40 years old problem of eye she is see at day time first thing looking dazzling. And my mother also found patient of diabetes. How to improve eye problem please give advice due.
I am using Specs for last 17 years n my no. Is -7.5 n - 8.6. But still specs no. Is increasing. Feeling stress in eyes n pain. My cornea thickness is less. Can I go for laser specs removal treatment? Is it possible after some time of I have to use specs again. And also advice for as I see inside the eyes flying black spot?
I have keratoconus in one eye and done C3R I want to know after C3R vision remain same or progressive decrease with time.
I can't able to see the objects clearly with my left eye, what is its solution? pls help me. And why such problems occur? will it affect more to my eye?
please help me with solution about stomach infection like dysentery and knee dukhane. What's solution about coming water in eyes in case of Winters?
Total or partial opacification of transparent lens of the eye is termed as cataract. Such opacification essentially occurs in old age but it can occur in children or young age due to diabetes, trauma, congenital causes, use of steroid drops in the eyes or secondary to glaucoma.
Cataract affects vision depending upon its degree and location. Very slight cataract at the posterior pole can obstruct central vision and cause marked glare blindness or inability to read small letters whereas, cataract in the cortical area may take long time to affect vision.
Treatment: no medicines can cure cataract. Once it occurs, it has to be operated.
When to get operated?
When you are professionally blind or unable to carry out your routine duties/work. A driver or a watch repairer has to operate very early due to glare blindness whereas an old lady can wait for some time. It is ideal to get the surgery done with immature or early cataract than to wait for the cataract to get mature. A mature or hypermature cataract is difficult and risky to operate.
Phacoemulsification with ultrasonic rays is the modern method os surgery. You get only 2-3 mm of an incision, no sutures. The lens is emulsified and aspirated and a foldable IOL (lens) is injected by a syringe which unfolds and occupy the same space as your original lens. 10 minutes surgery with practically no pain. This lens lasts for a life time and gives you youthful vision.
The surgery can be performed even in patients with diabetes or hypertension and at any age. Maybe 90-100. Practically no post-op restrictions.