Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rup SanjidaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old girl nd my eyes are weak I use my specs to see far object as it not seems soo clear so I want to know that Regular use of specs can cure the eyes or not .and during self studies I am supposed to use my specs or not?
I have pain in my eyes for last three days which medicine I can take generally for daily to keep it cool.
I am Venu. My age 20. My eyes getting red. When iam studying? That time iam getting more tears can't study well. What the problem for my eys. This problem face last 1 week.
My eye sight is not good. Since 1977 I am wearing glasses for astigmatism. Power of my lenses vary very frequently. It changes about in a six month to ayear of my eye test. Recently I have been recommended a lens in lat June and I do not feel comfortable. Some time the same lens seem very suitable but not always. I am adiabatic since last ten years. Continue on insulin and some other madicines. Please suggest me to have better sight. Why my power changes so frequently. Very often my eyes feel problem as felt in smoke. Some times rough as felt when drenched in rain??
Every time when I am in my classroom I feel sleepy. My eyes feel irritation all time, Please help me.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly it's very bad for my eyes.
Today I did my sugar test and it reads 96 FBS. It it risky? And I have a bp of 150/99. Please suggest me what to do.
Sir. My eye aches after studying about half an hour. And it reacts painfully to bright light. What should I do?
27 years old female, I can't see anyone leaving or breaking any kind of relationship or not talking to me for day for any mistake. I go into tears and depression and I don't feel like living anymore. I have thoughts like I shld meet with an accident and die. I bang my head badly with my hands. I feel I try to do all possible good things (I m not perfect) but in return I get depart, broken relationship. People leaving and going. Due to all this thoughts I get a different kind of pain (like a line of current runs) inside my brain. I have noticed this when I feel I am good for nothing, couldn't do anything to make people or myself happy.
My brother's eye checkup was done last month and the result showed -1.5 in both eyes. What to do and how severe the problem is. He can not see far objects clearly.
Hi, I am 17 years old, of course I'm male, My problem is that when I work in pc or any electronic device then I feel a short term pain in my head and falling the tears in my eyes. What I do?
Recently I visited an eye care hospital and the Dr prescribed me HFA, Pachymetry and Color photo tests. Dr. Says that result is ok, but i have to undergo another test of OCT.RNFL BE. What is your opinion?
I AM a patient of blood pressure, a few days ago due to a stroke my right eye was impaired. Now it is not opening fully and eye ball is to one side and i see double vision. Is there any cure for my eye ?
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!