Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Respected sir/mam last week I had sex with my gf and we did sex 4 times in 6 hours and now after 1 day she is feeling etching in her inner part of vagina and etching quit badly and while urination she feel sever pain. And since from today while urination she feels bleeding too. What we have to do. We are in tension .plzzz help us.
Jamun (black plum) the sweet and tangy fruit that leaves your tongue purple, is not just great on taste but comes with a host of health benefits. Fruit, seeds, bark, and leaves of Jambul have medicinal properties. Jamun is loaded with antioxidants and flavonoids essential for a healthy body and mind.
It has fewer calories when compared to other fruit and is a good source of iron, apart from its mineral content. Jamun not only helps in increasing haemoglobin but it has anti-diabetic and antihyperlipidaemic effects also. The juice of the ripe fruit or a decoction of it is administered in spleen enlargement, chronic diarrhoea, ulcers and urine retention.
'The leaves have antibacterial properties and they are used for making medicines for the strengthening of the teeth and gums.'
Jamun Vinegar is also helpful in Migraine. Apply little vinegar on the head it will give you relief from migraine pain.
Jamun fruit and Seeds powder can be used to controlling glucose level in the body. The glucoside in jamun that stops the conversion of starch into glucose and this helps in controlling blood-sugar. So, the diabetic patients can consume seeds powder with a consultation of a Dietician.
Jamun vinegar or juice of the fruit is a traditional cure for digestive problems and is known to be good for reducing menstrual problems in women.
Nutrition facts (for 100gm of jamun):
Energy: 62 kcal
Protein: 0.70 gm
Carbohydrates: 14.00 gm
Calcium: 15.00 mg
Iron: 0.30 mg
Potassium: 55.00 mg
Sodium: 26.20 mg
Carotene: 48.00 mg
Vitamin C: 18.00 mg
Below are some Jamun remedies you can use at home
- Diarrhoea- Make a paste of two soft leaves of Jamun then add some rock salt and make small pills and take twice daily with water.
- Conjunctivitis- Boil 20 soft leaves of Jamun in 2 cups (400ml) water till it reduces to 100 ml. Cool down this and wash eyes with this decoction(water).
- Dysentery (bloody) - Take 20 gm of powdered seeds with 1/2 cup of water twice daily.
- Child's bed wetting- Give 1 teaspoon ground seed with water.
- Acidity- Drink 10 ml Jamun vinegar with some water.
Incase if she has an irregular periods what will be the fertile days. Eg. 35 days usually she gets in time this month she missed little more time. Pl let me know on the fertile days to get conceive.
hello sir , unwanted kit khane ke 1ya 2din bad period start ho jata hai kya. Madam or uske bad perganancy band ho jayga na . please help
On day 13th my left and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 8.7 mm on day 15th my left ovary shows 11.7 and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 9.0 mm. Please suggest me it is good for pregnancy. Can I conceive this month.
Tired of slogging alone in the gym? Well, it has been seen that people with less friends or a gym buddy tend to skip their sessions more often. Reasons like too tired, too much rain, too much sun and so on and so forth, tend to crop up. But, if you have a health buddy, things become much more bearable and you actually look forward to that time of the day instead of blatantly avoiding it. This is true for diet control, exercising and a host of other health related activities as well. So come and find out how to find a health buddy this Friendship Day, and how having a friend can motivate you to stay healthy!
- Finding a Health Buddy: Look closely in your circle of friends, or even at your acquaintances who live nearby or in the same locality or building as yours. Do you see anyone who is motivated when it comes to healthcare and fitness? Do you see anyone who watches what he or she eats and who also regularly likes to suggest outdoor pursuits when the group has to get together? This friend may be the one who will become the perfect health buddy. Also, if you find someone who is in the same boat as you, but aware of the issues, you can suggest becoming a health buddy because you can both motivate each other.
- Routine: Make a routine with your new health buddy and start meeting each other at regular timings and for a good amount of time. Seek each other out at parties and stay with each other to help avoid eating what you are not supposed to. Message each other your progress every day and report what you eat when you go out without this buddy.
- Avoiding and Dismissing: When someone is knocking at your door at five in the morning, it is usually difficult to avoid or dismiss the impending action due to social and emotional reasons. So, when your gym buddy arrives to pick you up, or when you know you have to meet this person at a certain time, you would not want to keep this friend waiting or dismiss the thought of going to the gym with a press of the snooze button.
- Distractions: Your health buddy with give you positive distractions by way of conversations and other such things so that you do not realise how quickly the gym session or walking time has passed by. Also, with the help of this person, you will probably not get bored which tends to make us eat junk.
So get yourself a healthy buddy this Friendship Day and make a commitment towards health and fitness!
It was abt lst month. She was in her periods. Her period started on 8th march. We met on 10th and we got intimated. during foreplay I got released. On her genitals there was no intercourse. Moreover she is still virgin. And after she went home she had her usual flow. And her period ends up on I guess 13 or 14. Now. Since 8th of march. Now its 6th of april today that is 30th day of her cycle and she didn't had her period today (30th day) jbki 28 s pehle hi ajati h uska date 26-28 day me and is bar its 30th day today aur ab tk nhi aai date. Please help me out.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Makes your heart healthier
Studies have shown that as the frequency of orgasms increases over a period of time, the risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack reduces drastically. During the activity, the most intense moment are equivalent to walking approximately 8 kilometers per hour.
Researchers have found out that having regular sex reduces stress and is similar to the effects of having a sweet, sugary chocolate bar, but lasts for a much longer time than you would think.
Improves sleep patterns
Post- coital sleep after a satisfying session of lovemaking is known to be refreshing, although the exact reason or science behind it is not yet known. Yet as per some studies, oxytocin which is released in the body post-orgasm has relaxing and sleep-inducing properties.
Makes you look younger
Regular coitus enhances anti-ageing properties and studies have shown that older men and women look at least 5 to 7 years younger if they are sexually active.
It is a fertility booster
Female hormones are better balanced after frequent sexual activity and also regulates periods, which in turn improves chance of conceiving a baby. With males, the sperm quality is enhanced due to regular sex.
Fortifies your body against diseases
Dhea a natural steroid released in the body during sex is known to increase body fitness levels and prevents various diseases too.
Keeps flu and colds away
Immunoglobulin is an antibody that protects against cold and flu and is found in abundance in individuals who have sex more than once a week.
Improves your mood!
Neurotransmitter released during sex improves your mood to a considerable extent.
Gives you a healthy glow
By flushing out the toxins via sweating.
Burns those extra calories
In a pleasurable way!
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed Food: Processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: Getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: We cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day!
My wife had home pregnancy test. One dark line and second light pink. She has crossed her periods by 6 days. Wat to do. She has all the symptoms of pregnancy like stomach bloating, breast tenderness, back ache sometimes, lots of urination. She we wait more and take a test?
Marriage life now 2 years completed . Both of us health is Good as per test (HSG, Semen) Both tubes are clear for. My Wife. Sperm count around 60millions for me. For me motility is little bit. Lower 15 instead 17. For that I'm taking tablets . What need to do for Improve the motility / Sperm counts ? Is that Homeopathy cures infertility? What is exact date of IC after period. How to identify ovulation day.
Hi, warm greeting! my question is that my wife is going through 33th week of pregnancy. From the very beginning of pregnancy, hb level was not adequate (max 7.6). Continuous treatment from gynae (irex, folfit, maxium d3 etc), there is no any improvement & currently hb level is reduced down to 6.6 only. (surprisingly there is no even a single symptoms/effect of deficiency seen and everything is going on normal). All the recommended blood tests (hb, cbc, hba2, pheripheral smear examination) has been done and shows only ion deficiency, but body is not responding to oral medicines. Now I have these questions: 1. Is it advisable to take irex in inject-able form? 2. If yes, when it is best time (week no.) 3. Seeing all above facts, how many chances are there to improve hb level at this stage. 4. Is it possible to reduce hb level again (after little gain with injectable irex), because still there is 1-1.5 month in edd. Please help us on these queries. Please let me know if I need to share any specific report with you. Thanks in advance.
Sir. My wife got cissorion for the second baby. On the time of cissorion we made family planning tubectomy. Me and my wife mentally disturbed about this wrong decision. Is there any chance to pregnant after family planning.
Would you please suggest me for my wife's pregnancy we both had tests and been using the medicine since 4 years. But there's no result. Would you please suggest us the successful pregnancy ways. Thanking you.
My wife is 6 month pregnant .she has heavy pain in the right side of her belly and she cannot sleep from the right side .what was the problem .
1. It has no side-effects, whatsoever.
2. Easy to be taken even by non co-operative
Children. Small sweet pills, drops, powders --- a
Dream of patient and doctor!
3. Easy to manufacture on mass level in large
Quantities, even at short notices as in epidemics
. No panic of shortage.
4. It is cheaper. So suitable for mass distribution
And government and charity supplies.
5. It is holistic in approach, so cures pt perfectly.
Gentle cures, no medicinal hang over. Or after-
6. In an expert's hands, it is very accurate and fast
[ though many thinks it to be slow].
7. It has prophylactic value with more accuracy
Than vaccinations and that too without side-
Effects of vaccines.
8. It has a great working in trauma, burn, stroke
, mental shock.
9. It is very much effective in veterinary field.
Since, animals have higher body weight than man
, so medical doses and costing are forbidding.
10. It has a potential of wide coverage of
Specialities like paediatrics, skin, gynaec and
Obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, etc.
11. It has scope in agriculture and fertilizers
I'vehad PCOD for almost a year now. I've been taking medication also have been working out but I'm unable to loose weight. Regardless of what I do. Plus, I've been having a lot of hair fall too. What do I do?
Hi. I have very serious question to ask .actually its about my friend. She had sex (anal) yesterday and she is very concern about getting pregnant as she told me that they don't have protected sex is there any chances to get pregnant through anal sex. And they seeing each other from last 2 years.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.