Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohit Jain
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit JainYour feedback matters!
Are their any ways to increase penis size naturally or if not naturally then any surgery and how much will cost. Thank you.
I have urinary infection and pain in stomach. What is the best thing to do for a urinary tract infection?
I am 17 years old male after 4 months of fistulactomy surgery now I feel some inflammation in anal region during bowel movement from last 3 days please suggest me I don't want painful surgery again.
I have been facing fatigue for past three days. I have no kind of any accompanied systemic illness nor any diseases. Whats the fast way to gain my energy back please? any recommended foods or fruits.
I had a mild seizure when I was very young may be 5years old, doctor told my parents not to worry, so no medicine was taken. Later in my early teens also I had mild seizures a couple of times, we consulted some doctors and took medicine. Later when I was 16 years old, once when I had fever I attended college and in the class room I had a seizure. Then we consulted a senior specialist and since then I had no seizure in last six years. My doctor gave a combination of two different tablets initially for a couple of years and later started prescribing leviteracetam. I have been using leviteracetam for the last 5-6years now, 1500 mg dose once in the morning, every day. My family maintained strict secrecy about my problem in view of the stigma associated. However, they fear this may come in the way of my marriage prospects and worry all the time. I wish to know if it is possible to stop medication or reduce the frequency from one dose everyday to once in a week or so. Kindly help please.
Doctor. i have done Testosterone therapy after that is there any side effect? Please tell us more information about it.
How to cure cold and hairfall, and also developing health condition, I affected heavily cold and hairfall.
Hi, I have weak sexual stamina and power, low confidence, low energy, low mental strength. Please suggest medicines.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
- Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
- Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
- Combination of all the above therapies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.