Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rk Shirivastav
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rk ShirivastavYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering by fever from since 2days and cold also I what precaution should I take to recover melt self.
Hello Sir, I am 7 th month pregnant, suffering from chickenpox. Using LEVO-H, Althrocin-500, RHOVIR-800 by doctor's treatment. Is there any problem to me and my unborn baby by using above medicine?
Can you please tell me how to increase metabolism. As I have been taking the same diet since years but have been increasing weight. Age is 28.
I suffer from asthma during winters and my sinusitis gets bad during winters. Also I have aerosinusitis, when I board a plane I have severe headache. Suggest something.
I am suffering from change the shape of my penis .I think it is due to masturbation so how can I straight my penis? The shape changing is really due to masturbation?
Hi Sir, I have got issues in erection. It's not getting for long time. I checked my testosterone. It's 4.46 ng/ml. Kindly advise. I am married .No child.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liver and creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attack without prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.
These 10 easy ways will help you to prevent cardiac diseases; but you must consult a responsive cardiologist at the earliest.