Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rk BasuYour feedback matters!
My mother is seriously affected with crack heal problem and also feel pain on that area can you suggest me a good foot care cream.
I have pimple problem please tell mi how to avoid this problem and also give solutions. Is there is treatments for this.
I have round scar on my face which is very dark it can't be remove by applying medical creme help me to removed this please.
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin?
My face is became so black from neck I don't know what happened will you please tell me the solution to improve glow.
I am 18. I have long & thicker hair but now I lose my thicker hair. Only hair grown longer. How to I regain my hair. Pls suggest some home made tips & treatment.
I am 27 years old girl. I have pimples and dark spot over my face also uneven skin tone near chin and upper lips. Please suggest me the effective way to reduce the same Thank you.
From last couple of months I am losing hair fastly. Please tell me any suggestions for this problem.
I am 33 years old. I have severe itching on the inside top end of my thigh. It started 2 years back. That portions color changed dark. Presently I am applying candid b power But if any day I forget to apply, then it will be severe. Is there any permanent solution for this.
Cystic acne is a serious form of acne, which is characterized by deep, inflamed acne breakout. Red cysts are developed under the surface of the skin, which cause great pain. Cystic acnes are not only painful, but also affect your appearance and self-confidence.
Hence, effective steps should be taken to get rid of them. Here are 6 effective remedies to treat cystic acne.
- Do not pop: Avoid popping the acne which appear on your skin. Cystic acnes should never be popped because of their depth and popping or squeezing will make them worse. The more you touch them, the more they tend to worsen, and permanent scars may be left.
- Ice: Applying ice cubes directly to the acne affected area for some time constricts the blood vessels in the cyst. By applying ice, the size and redness of the acne get reduced.
- Proper skin care: You should maintain a simple skin care routine and avoid scented moisturizers. Before applying any lotion, ensure that your skin is clean and exfoliated. Use oil free and non-scented moisturizers.
- Do not get obsessed: Avoid spending hours looking at the cystic acne in the mirror. The more obsessed you, the more negative thoughts will come into your mind, making you feel even worse.
- Towels and pillowcases: Do not let other people use your towels and pillows. Abstain from washing these items with strong detergents and use natural, non-scented laundry products. Change your pillowcases and towels regularly.
- Diet: In case of cystic acne, you should take several diet precautions. Cut down the use of dairy products, excessive sugar, grain products and caffeine. Fried food and fast food should be avoided as well.
For better healing of cystic acne, you should consume probiotic rich foods, foods high in zinc, protein and fiber. You can consume several supplements as well, such as probiotics, zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Relax: Stress makes the condition of cystic acne worse. You should undertake relaxation techniques to reduce stress as hormones released due to stress can make the acne worse. You should try natural stress relievers.
- Sleep: Having proper sleep at night regularly improves your health and reduces inflammation due to cystic acne.
- Exercise: Regular exercise benefits the lymphatic system and detoxifies the body. Your mood and self-esteem are improved, which have been hampered due to acne.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as lavender and tea tree help in treating cystic acne. With anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, these oils are effective and can be applied to the acne directly.
Cystic acne is a severe form of acne, which requires proper care and treatment. Several simple remedies can be used to treat the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.