Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rk BasuYour feedback matters!
My face has pimples,acne and wrinkles. I'm frequently washing my face with acne control face wash,but no use.Now my face has lost its pigmentation colour and its like ageing, but I'm 18 now.I'm using a Advan cream twice a day.Suggest me a solution!
Hi I'm a male or boy I roam in the sun everyday my skin looks and has become dark and black please tel me wat should I do or wat should I apply on my face and body please tel me plz.
I am 20 year old and I have a big problem of jockinch so what can I do. And I have a problem of ringworm at my underarm so what can I do.
Please suggest me some good tan remover. My hands & foot are too dark compare to my face. Looking for Ayurvedic cream/ lotion.
I am having hair fall form last 3-4 months. I have tried so many things but nothing was working on this. Yesterday I used castor oil with coconut oil and after hair was my hair falling like hell now I can see some baldness spot of my head even I am fit and healthy there is no reason behind such fall please suggest me something which can cure this hairfall fastly.
I have dull face tone. How to get fairer tone? Actually it gets dull very often when I step out of home.
My self Vinay Kumar and 28 years old, I am suffering from white spot i. E. leukoderma. Please suggest me what can I do?
I am suffering from itchy scalp and flakes .I want to know the nest shampoo that can cure and easily available .
I am 26 year old male, weighing about 70 kgs and my height is 5'4. From few months I have lot of hair fall. And some times I get dandruff, but now it has been cleared as I applied (d-free lotion). I need to regain back my hair, I wish its not alopecia. Please help me out. My basic work involves traveling as am a marketing manager. I am thinking to use and anti minoxidil. Please suggest me any better drug.
Hi. I am not having a hair growth even after multiple trimming b hair cuts m not finding my hair grow. I often oil as well but then too not finding any gud result. Can you please suggest and also wanted to know using hair dryer alternatively causes improper hair growth?
I am asadul I am very thin and my hair is street I want to soft my hair and fit my body now what should I do?
I have been diagnosed with severe Urticaria. I have taken all allergic English medicines but of no use. Steroid medicines give some relief. Please suggest some Ayurvedic medicines fir com pleat cure.
Acne results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excess sebum, which clogs pores and results in inflammation. This condition is quite common among women once they reach their puberty. Acne might leave behind scars on the spots, making it worrisome for the sufferer because of cosmetic reasons.
There are various treatments that you may adopt to get rid of acne scars:
- Laser and filler treatments: Laser treatments for acne scars uses a technique called laser skin resurfacing, which increases collagen (the skin’s building blocks) production and balances out the skin. Collagen is a skin protein that helps in covering up the acne scars. Another treatment known as ‘ablative laser’ facilitates new skin production by vaporizing the scars. Filler injections help in removing deep recesses left by acne.
- Avoid sun exposure: Continuous exposure to the sun will slow down the healing process. The rays of the sun bring about chemical changes in the body that aggravate the condition. Use a sunscreen that has a SPF count (sun protection factor) of 30 or more. Avoid being in the sun for long hours as it can lead to serious complications, even skin cancer.
- Don’t squeeze your pimples: Picking and squeezing your troubled spots can cause further damage and inflammation. It can cause the bacteria to penetrate deeper into the skin and cause damage to the collagen. The scars occur due to damage to collagen structure of the skin.
- Have a little patience: You need to be patient to allow the scars to heal. After a breakout, blood vessels supply nutrients that provide nourishment to the skin. With time, collagen starts to form and evens out the problematic areas of the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Alternative medicine is fast picking up with its beneficial treatment for several skin disorders. Vitiligo or patchy skin is a common skin problem that can be effectively treated by the ancient Unani system of medicine.
What is vitiligo?
Also referred to as leucoderma, it is a patchy loss of skin colour that occurs due to acquired depigmentation of the skin. The absence of skin cells called melanocytes leads to nonproduction of the melanin pigment and as a result, manifests itself as patchy skin in several parts of the body. It can affect any area of the body including the face, neck, back, hands, and legs.
Unfortunately, conventional medicine has not been able to discover a full-proof treatment for this skin disorder, except for surgical intervention. Thanks to the yesteryear’s Unani medicine system, which has its foundations in the ancient Greek, Roman, Persian, and Indian medicine, certain herbal formulations help to treat conditions of vitiligo or leucoderma. The Unani system of medicine aims to create the right balance in the body by stabilizing the four humours – blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile, which constitute insulin, hormones and other fluid releases.
- Herbal powder and capsules are prescribed for the patient’s consumption depending on the severity of the disorder.
- Herbal ointment for external application – The affected individual must apply the topical ointment or balm before 10:00 am and then expose it to sunlight for around 10 to 15 minutes. After that, it should be shown back in shade and kept for one hour before washing it off.
Diet for vitiligo
Certain food items like banana, beef, sea food, poultry, citrus foods, pickles and dairy products are to be restricted during treatment. Foods with excessive tamarind and cashew nuts are also to be avoided. Recommended food includes all vegetables, fruits, eggs, and organic chicken.
How effective is Unani in treating vitiligo?
For years together, Unani compound formulations for systemic as well as topical usage are catering to the needs of patients. It helps to treat and induce re-pigmentation. There are several treatment modalities available to control the spreading of the disease and minimize the chances of a relapse of the skin condition.
There have been no reported side effects of Unani medicines and they are well tolerated even after prolonged use. It usually takes about 2 to 3 months to see a visible improvement of the condition. The disease tends to become stable after regaining pigmentation.
The Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine located in Hyderabad, India has taken several measures to eradicate Vitiligo. While conventional medicine does try to offer remedies to treat vitiligo, Unani medicine offers a cost-effective approach that is more promising. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
While there are different hair problems in every season, the most common ones during winter season include dry hair, rough hair, dandruff, dry scalp and split ends.
But, worry not for there are simple, yet easy ways to reduce the harm, and here's a list of some amazing herbs that will help an individual in dealing with various hair problems:
- neem leaves: neem has been used for treating hair loss and dandruff due to its antiseptic, anti bacterial and antiviral properties. It can be used in different ways. Make a paste of neem leavesand water, apply it on your scalp and leave for half an hour before you wash you hair.
- coriander leaves: prepare a paste of coriander leaves or apply its juice on the scalp. Lleave it for an hour and wash it off with warm water.
- beetroot leaves: beetroot leaves in combination with henna is an excellent way to treat hair loss. Make a paste of beetroot leaves, turmeric powder and water and apply it on your scalp. Yo can use make and use this paste on a daily basis.
- curry leaves: curry leaves, also called 'kadi patta' make an excellent home remedy for the hair growth as well as for darkening the grey hair. Add a bowl of curry leaves to 100ml of coconut oil. Heat it up and let it boil for 15 minutes. Apply on your scalp once the paste is cool enough.
- aloe vera gel: applying natural aloe vera gel on scalp and hair is one of the best methods to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth naturally.
Searching for ssohm on internet will help.