Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Riyana KushalYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 years old, female. Sometimes, after masturbating, my vagina swells up loads and doesn't go down for hours. Is it normal? It also stings but rarely, more often it's only that it gets puffy and red. Assistance Required! (Do I need to attach a picture?
I am 6 weak pregnant. I have severe nausea. I cant able to eat anything. Is there any tablets available to stop the nausea.
My first baby age is 25 months. I am pregnant at 32 weeks. First baby was c section. Now I have posterior placenta with low lying 3. 1 cm. Also cephalic presentation. If any chances to normal delivery? what I will do now for that?
I am married one year back, I am trying for children s. Please help us in this. How we can make it fast.
My doc asked me to take pregahope vaginal gel for 3 days & both the times I inserted the tube the liquid spilled out maybe half was in & half was out. Is that okay. whats the right way because I inserted the nozzle of the tube inside. please suggest.
PMS is one of the worst food sensitive diseases. Symptoms include moodiness, bloating and headache. All it takes is one symptom to crop up for the whole body to go down. While environmental changes and preventive measures play a crucial role in dealing with this condition, careful choice of food goes a long way in keeping PMS under control. Here is a list of some best and worst food for PMS:
Foods that are Good During PMS:
- Brussels sprouts, Artichokes and Broccoli: These veggies with high fibre content are known to ease bloating. Furthermore, the high water content of these veggies effectively deals with gas, discomfort, and puffiness. The idea is to refrain from foods with high sodium content that only contributes to the suffering.
- Quinoa, what berry and popcorn: These foods help to deal with a short temper which is a very common occurring of PMS. Some other good effects of a high carb diet such as these include fighting anxiousness, depression and maintain composure. Consuming whole grain on a daily basis also helps to keep the mood cheerful. This happens because of the added secretion of the feel good factor hormone called serotonin.
- Banana: Many women tend to face sleep disturbances before the period sets in. A recent study at the John Hopkins University found that less sleep before the period makes a woman susceptible to cramps and discomfort. Banana contains melatonin. The latter helps the body maintain its natural rhythm.
- Eggs: The cravings during PMs can be very difficult to handle. It is therefore very important to start the day a very healthy breakfast. The right amount of protein and healthy fat present in an egg helps to keep the body energised throughout the day. Scrambled egg and an ounce of chicken is a perfect answer to PMs craving.
Some foods to avoid during PMS:
- Processed fats: Processed fat contains a lot of processed fats, sodium and salt. Processed fats make a woman puffy and increment bloating. Processed foods contain very high protein content that becomes very difficult for the body to process during PMS.
- Sugary foods: Craving for sugary food is pretty normal during PMS. However, too much sugar consumption during PMS fluctuate the blood sugar level. They also aggravate tension and mood swings. The latest study has found that refined sugar can disturb the immune system and creates a lot of fatigue in a woman.
- Caffeine: Restricting caffeine during the period can help prevent the cramps and bloating. Certain caffeine such as coffee, cigarettes and chocolate can aggravate breast tenderness, anxiety, and depression. What's more, they systematically create a craving for sweet and other caffeine-related stuff. A better alternative to caffeine during PMs is herbal and green tea, water and fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I didn't have sex, but did other sexual stuff, on the fifth day of my period and then I took an ipill within a few hours. After 5-6 days, I bled for 3 days. My due period is late by 10 days now, and I'm having nausea. Can I be pregnant?
I am 30 years old I am suffering with white discharge problem since 3 years, I have taken many antibiotics and vaginal capsules it has aggravated the problem. However if I eat any thing made of wheat, ragi and food cooked with coconut oil and ghee will subside the discharge. I am not supposed to eat bakery foods and fried and oily food it will increase. I want and checked my blood sugar it is 134 after breakfast. Will the discharge causes because of diabetes.
My wife is pregnant and my gynaecologist suggest to avoid sex for 3 month. So I want to know can we enjoy each other with foreplay as a alternative of sex. Please suggest me. In waiting to hear from you soon.
Endometrium is thickened & hyperechoic (ET -- 17-18 mm.). Suggested Histopathological examination. HB - 8.60 gm% due to excess bleeding last period 17-29. Now 11-15 period bleeding is less than last period. Generally HB is 11gm%. What should we do. She is advised by Ayurveda : Amrit Juice, Pari Kalap & Green More of Moral Company. Is it right.
Testosterone is a hormone that is produced by the human body. It is mainly produced in the testicles in men. It stimulates sperm production and a man’s sex drive and also helps build muscle and bone mass. Testosterone production typically decreases as men age. Men can experience a range of symptoms if it decreases more than it should. Low t is diagnosed when levels fall below a normal range (300- 1000 ng/dl. A blood test (called serum testosterone level) is used to determine your level of circulating testosterone.
1. Low sex drive
Testosterone plays a key role in libido (sex drive) in both men and women. Men may experience some decline in sex drive as they age. However, someone with low t will likely experience a more drastic drop in his desire to have sex. Low t can also decrease the sex drive in women, along with other factors, such as other hormonal and mood changes.
2. Difficulty achieving erection
Testosterone stimulates a man’s sex drive — and it also aids in achieving an erection. Testosterone alone doesn’t cause an erection, but it stimulates receptors in the brain to produce nitric oxide — a molecule that helps trigger an erection. When testosterone levels are too low, a man may have difficulty achieving an erection prior to sex or experience spontaneous erections (for example, during sleep). Other health problems can influence erectile function, so it is important to determine whether low t is causing this symptom.
3. Low semen volume
Testosterone plays a role in the production of semen, which is the milky fluid that aids in the motility of sperm. It’s pretty simple: the more testosterone a man has, the more semen he produces. Men with low t will notice a decrease in the volume of their semen during ejaculation.
4. Hair loss
Testosterone plays a role in several body functions, including hair production. Balding is a natural part of aging for many men. However, men with low t may experience a loss of body and facial hair.
5. Fatigue & lack of energy
Men with low t have reported extreme fatigue and a noticeable decrease in energy levels. You might be experiencing symptoms of low t if you are tired all of the time, despite getting plenty of sleep, or if you are finding it harder to get motivated to hit the gym or exercise.
6. Loss of muscle mass
Because testosterone plays a role in the building and strengthening of muscle, men with low t might notice a decrease in both muscle mass and strength those who try to reverse the muscle loss through weight training might find it difficult to build or rebuild muscle.
8. Increase in body fat
Men with low t may also experience increases in body fat. In particular, they sometimes develop “gynecomastia”, a condition in which they develop enlarged breasts. Although the reasons behind this are not entirely clear, suggests that testosterone influences the way your body stores fat.
9. Mood changes
Testosterone influences many physical processes in the body. It can also influence mood and mental capacity. Research suggests that men with low t are more likely to experience depression, irritability, or a lack of focus.
Homeopathy is best treatment for who have low testosterone level. Take care. Have a good day.
I had unsafe intercourse with my partner 7 days ago, my periods date is 12th june but still do not come. I do not want to be pregnant at any cost. Plzz suggest me smthng so that my periods come and I do not get pregnant. Is meprate10 mg can be taken good for me to avoid pregnancy. Or suggest some other medicine for periods. If by chance I got pregnant than is it safe to use abortion pills coz I can not go to a doctor now. Please solve my query. N please keep it confidential. I'll be very thankful to you.
We have ultrasound on 5 March 2016. There is some numbers like BPD 46.6 mm HC 180 mm FL 30.7 CD 20.8. Sir inke according GA 19 weeks 6 days calculate hui hai jabki LMP ke according abhi 19 weeks 4 days hi hote hai. Sir I have two questions first is kya GA weeks Lmp se jyada ho skte hai? Second kind is it normal?
Hi doctor, some one told to me age gap between of children's more then 3 years better not 2 years but mine is now 2 years 4months now we are planning for 2nd one mine is first one c-section so please tell me I'm waiting.
My partners last day of period was yesterday n today we had intercourse. And I have given her I pill. Is Dr. any other medicine that she has to take. N is Dr. any chances of she getting pregnant? We don't want pregnancy now.
My wife is 33 years old. We have one baby of 4 years of age. Recently my wife has missed her periods. Pregnancy test resulted negative. She had polycystic Ovarian Disease in past. What should we do?
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
It should be noted that Sweet's syndrome is often associated with cancer and has commonly been linked to leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.