Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Priyadarshni Rai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu Priyadarshni RaiYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old married women. I am getting married in 2015. Now I am try for conceive a baby. But doctor told me I hv intramural fibroid of 4 mm in uterus. From last week my uterus go down. Even not capable to have sex. Pls suggest me any exercise for lifting my uterus. I afraid for surgery.
Vitamin D is present in the skin and is considered to be a steroid hormone that is found in fortified foods and sun exposure. For years, it has been associated with bone health, but recent studies have revealed that it plays a major hand in mammal fertility as well. Research conducted by the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism has shown that Vitamin D plays a pivotal role in IVF procedures. It not only helps to produce good quality embryos, but also increases the success rate of implantation dramatically.
Study 1: Researchers followed 154 women who were vitamin D deficient and 181 women who had sufficient levels of vitamin D in their blood. The women who had sufficient vitamin D were nearly twice as likely to conceive through their IVF cycle as their deficient counterparts. Women who had vitamin D levels of at least 20 ng/ml in their blood were considered to have sufficient levels of the hormone. Levels of 30 ng/ml are recommended for general health.
Could Vitamin D also contribute to IVF success?
While the role of vitamin D infertility is less certain, an Italian study published in 2014 found that women undergoing IVF treatment with sufficient levels of vitamin D were more likely to produce high quality embryos, and nearly twice as likely to become pregnant. Although the researchers stated further studies were needed, the results indicated that low levels of vitamin D could contribute to infertility.
More recently, 11,500 women were evaluated in a European study examining the effect of the environment (temperature, rain and sunshine) on the outcomes of IVF treatment. The study found the birth rate improved for women exposed to more sunshine the month before the start of their IVF cycle, while the egg was maturing.
For the men, a link between vitamin D and sperm movement and function has also been identified.
What role does vitamin D play in pregnancy?
Vitamin D plays an important role in ensuring that the body has enough amount of calcium to conceive. For women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding, calcium ensures that the baby’s immune system and bones are strongly formed. Deficiency of vitamin D can lead to gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
Sources of vitamin D: Although the sun is the best source of vitamin D in an individual, it is recommended not to rely on it totally. Overexposure to sun rays can lead to skin cancer. Some food items from where the requisite amount of vitamin D can be obtained include eggs, dairy products, fatty fish etc. People who are critically deficient in vitamin D can go for vitamin D supplements.
Other lifestyle improvements for your fertility
While the importance of vitamin D in pregnancy and its link to IVF outcomes certainly gives couples something to think about, don’t overlook the well-established health and lifestyle improvements you can make to boost your natural fertility including quitting smoking, consuming alcohol in moderation, and maintaining a healthy weight.
If you are undergoing fertility treatment, your fertility specialist will likely have already organised a vitamin D blood test. For all other women trying to conceive, consult your IVF specialist for more information.
I am a 23 years old lady, I missed my period by 6 days, I suspect pregnancy. Can I induce abortion orally? I heard aspirin is helpful. Kindly assist.
Hello .from date of period .how many days before have to leave intercourse to become a pregnant give me best solution thanks.
I am 19 years old girl I had sex in the month of November, it was protected and I took ipill as well I got my periods on 28th of that month Later I dint get my periods in December so I consulted a gynaecologist and she suggested me meprate I got my periods on 21st of January later I did not get my periods in the month of Feb but got in the month of march 9th. I got scan done it was normal but it was given bulky uterus I got thyroid done it was normal I feel really weak sometimes and mean while anything happens to me I relate it to you pregnancy after that sex I dint have any. I feel like I'll go into depression because of this Can this mean that I am pregnant? Though I got my periods on march 9th can I still be pregnant I feel my stomach heavy Please help me out.
Sir, if a girls previous period starts on 18.10.16 and her sept. month period date is 12.09.16 then what will be her next period date approximately? She had an unprotected sex on 15.11.16 and within 10 hours she took I pill then is there any chance of her pregnancy? Please please tell me.
Hello sir/Mam 2 days ago my friend she had a sex with her boyfriend. Her age is 16 years/height 5/weight 42 and she didn't use protection while sex. And now she wanted to take unwanted pregnancy pills. So sir/Mam please give me advice which type of pills she can take.
Hello. I am 5 weak pregnant I have severe sneezing from last 2 days. Does it affect my pregnancy. Can I take montek lc. Or cetrizine tablet.
Mosquito bites are a common occurrence but do you know, at least 1 million people die every year due to diseases spread by these mosquitoes, as per World Health Organization (WHO). So what should you do to prevent mosquito breeding at home?
Using Camphor or camphor oil is the best solution, as it is a natural repellent. Camphor oil or commonly known as Kapoor ka Tel offers a number of health benefits that most of us are not aware of. It is a popular sedative, stimulant, antiseptic, antispasmodic and decongestant. It is extracted from the camphor tree, the scientific name of which is Cinnamomum camphora. Other common Ayurvedic names of camphor are Ghanasara, Sheetabhra, Himavaluka and Sphatika. Additionally, apart from the cooling effect, camphor oil also has a strong aroma.
Following are the benefits of camphor oil-
1. Camphor oil as a stimulant: Camphor oil actively boosts the functioning of the various organs of the body including circulatory, excretory, digestive system and the overall metabolism. Camphor oil has a scraping nature which helps in maintaining Kapha dosha, level of cholesterol and prevents clotting in blood vessels.
2. Camphor oil as an antiseptic: Camphor oil is an excellent disinfectant and is mixed with other herbal oils before it is applied. In many households, it is used as a water disinfectant, especially during the rainy season. A cloth soaked in camphor oil, when kept in a room, drives away all the insects and germs. A few drops of camphor oil when poured into a container of grains keeps it safe from the insects. Camphor oil lotions are used for treating various forms of infections. It disinfects the body and also has the power to keep lice away.
3. Camphor oil as a remedy for cough: If anyone of you is suffering from chronic cough, then camphor is a very good remedy. Just put a few drops of it in boiling water and inhale the vapor.
4. Camphor oil as an anesthetic: Camphor oil is an excellent agent for local anesthesia, as you will feel a numbness after applying it. Further, it can soothe nerve disorders and convulsions. Camphor oil when applied with a carrier oil is very beneficial for controlling Parkinson’s disease, nervousness and epileptic attacks.
5. Camphor oil as an aphrodisiac: Consumption of camphor oil can boost your libido as it can stimulate that portion of your brain, which controls the sexual desire. External application of camphor oil can treat erectile problems, by enhancing the circulation of blood.
6. Camphor oil as an antineuralgic: Neuralgia is related to swelling of the blood vessels and camphor oil is an excellent cure for it. It decreases the pressure caused by the blood vessels thus reducing pressure on Ninth Cranial Nerve.
7. Camphor oil as an antirheumatic: Camphor oil can easily stimulate the circulatory system because of its stimulating properties, which is a crucial factor in managing arthritis, gout and other rheumatic problems. Mix it with olive or sesame oil and then apply it on your skin, but make sure the concentration of camphor should not cross 11%.
Apart from these properties, camphor oil is used in treating hysteria, epilepsy, food poisoning, whooping cough and many other problems. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!