Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu Priyadarshni RaiYour feedback matters!
My friend wants to have sex without condom but she also don't want to get pregnant. Does after 17 days of her periods she can do sex without condom? She is 20 years old.
I had sex on 6th day (6/01/16) of my period and the next day night (7/01/16) I had taken unwanted 72 after taking that pill on (9/01/16) I vomited and again on (11/01/16) I had sex and on (13/01/16) I had bleeding from my vagina and it lasted till four days and now I am suffering from white discharge everyday which is very bright in colour from normal discharge. So doctor I am pregnant or not please help. And when I will get my next period.
Want to do sex with my wife but don't want to baby Now, what kind of precautions we have to take, except condom & pills.
I have a breast lump since I was 19. It cause pain. After delivering my first child it it not causing pain any more. How much possibilities that it would be a cancerous lump?
I want to know about kegel exercises. How and when to do it. Who can do it and what is it's benefit. Is it beneficial for both man and woman.
Hello Doctor! My age is 31 years I am trying to conceive for more than 3 years but no luck. My follicles do not rupture even with Hcg Injections. My Hysteroscopy was done last month on 7th Jan The report says Uterine cavity normal with Endometrial polyp Subseptum noted. Endometrial polyp noted at fundus1.5cm* 1.5cm. Endometrial polyp resection done with scissors. spectrum resection polypectomy was performed with Scissor. Good voluminous cavity obtained. Both ostia were well visualized. Endometrium normal. Cervix dilated upto no 7 Hegars dilate. Procedure was uneventful. Endometrium sent for TMA RNA TB-PCR. Then the Lab report said TB Not detected. After that I was given some antibiotics for 5 days and tablets Valest-2 for 20 days and Gynacet for 5 days. Then I got my periods and now I am again suppose to take tablet Enrifol and Gynacet Pls let me know the purpose of these tablets. Will I be able to conceive now naturally or as my Amh level is low I need Ivf with donor egg only. Are there any medicines to increase egg quality and AMH level. Kindly reply with your opinion. Thanks.
Hello doctor l have pain in stomach of right side. What are the reason? I have also back pain and vaginal pain.
Dono breast me ghaat haiCheck up bhi karwaya Lekin cancer ka koi symptoms nahi hai Lekin iss bimaari se bahar kaise nikale Dawai humlog afford nahi kar sakte bahut mahangi hai Koi home treatment ya cheaper medicine.
Hi Taking multivitamins 'can raise risk of a miscarriage Mothers-to-be a third more likely to lose baby if taking supplements in six weeks before conception - what does this mean? Is it true doctor? My friend had a miscarriage in April n she is not anemic. But past from 20 days she had taken iron n folic acid tablet. Will it harm her in next pregnancy? When can she plan?
Hi. My problem is vagnal drying and my husband and I use condom from 5 year now I am paining in vigna due to condom and itching and burning in vigna and white discharge also what to do please tell me tablet to make my husband happy in bed.
Hi Dr. I am taking novelon tablet. Is this tablet sideeffect of breast cancer. Breast cancer chances increase by taking this tablet somebody tell me about. Is this true. But my Dr. gave me this tablet 21 days course.
If period come than there is any chance. Of pregnancy 10aug we have contact 23rd aug se had period From 23rd to 27thAug.
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
What is Labour?
Labour and delivery are demarcated by the end of the pregnancy when a woman delivers the child or more than one child and it leaves the uterus. Normally, the gestation period for humans is somewhere around 37 weeks to 42 weeks. In most developed countries, the deliveries happen in hospitals, where as in developing as well as under developed countries, births happen at home under the supervision of traditional birth attendant, called the midwife.
Stages of Labour:
Vaginal delivery is the most common form of childbirth. Labour consists of three stages
- The opening and shortening of the cervix: Lasts from 12 to 19 hours
- Coming down of the baby and its birth: 20 minutes to 2 hours
- Expulsion of the placenta: Varies from 5 to 30 minutes
In the first stage, your abdominal muscles will begin to cramp associated with back pain. These cramps can be of durations of half a minute, about 10 minutes apart. These contractions start coming closer and become more intense as the second stage starts closing in. During the second stage, you may have to push along with the contractions to help give birth to your baby. Most babies are born head-first, although there are cases, when the baby is born buttocks first or legs first. This is commonly called “breeching”. In the third stage, it recommended to cut the umbilical cord and ensure that the placenta is entirely removed from the uterus or it may cause complications later.
The onset of labour is marked by the expulsion of the amniotic fluid and then the contractions begin to set in. Most women can walk around and eat food during labour, but when the contractions start to get too painful, it is suggested to get help and have someone around during that time. It is not recommended to push during the first phase, but then it becomes essential to push from the second stage onwards. Your gynaecologist will be able to tell you which stage of labour you are in by looking at the dilation of your cervix. As soon as you start to feel your contractions kicking in, you must contact a gynaecologist or your birthing attendant.
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
If it is a one night episode, you will eventually forget this. However, in case you are a victim every night or frequently, you may need some good remedies. Medications may not suit all, but physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment, which suits all and people of all ages. That is why try physiotherapy for sleep paralysis at home or by going to a nearest physiotherapy center or expert.
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis.