Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rinku SomaniYour feedback matters!
I feel pain while brushing How to remove cavities frm my teeth My teeth have become yellow Which paste should I use.
Got my rct done for one tooth 3months back. Also have a broken tooth next to the tooth with rct. Still pains and have got the filing broken. A doc advised me to see only an orthodontist and implantodist. They will be able to do it in a better way. Kindly advise. With someone who can see this.
I have a small holes on my tonsils, and one kind of white thing comes out of it. It has been for 1 year. What is it? is it dangerous? should I let it get operated to get rid of it?
Hai my wife is 22 years old, when she talks bad smell coming out from the mouth every time.& she have yellow stain on the teeth how to remove it plze tell me the medicines.
The mouth is the first organ that takes the brunt of smoking. The teeth, lips, cheeks, tongue are all affected by smoking. While most are worried about the discoloration of the teeth and lips, the damage is actually quite deep rooted literally and figuratively. The harmful effects of smoking reach the roots and eventually lead to tooth loss.
Let us look at some ways how smoking affects the teeth.
1. The black stains that are the tell-tale signs of a smoker are a major source of irritation to the teeth, especially along the gum line. On one hand, they do not allow proper cleaning of the gums and on the other, they are a constant source of irritation leading to inflammation. The result is there is damage beneath that layer of black stains, which does not become visible unless the signs of infection become evident pain, redness, swelling or even pus formation in some cases.
2. Smoking conceals the gum disease from becoming evident, thereby, reducing the chance of identifying and treating the disease at an early stage. This progresses to more severe periodontal disease, where the bones and supporting tissues that hold the tooth in place are infected and gradually the tooth weakens.
3. The nicotine in the smoke also promotes the growth of bacteria that lead to plaque formation and thereby worsen the pace at which gum disease happens.
4. Another aspect is that in smokers, the ability of the gums to heal is reduced drastically, thereby, leading to progressive incremental damage and eventual tooth loss.
5. Nicotine reduces the amount of minerals in bones and especially in postmenopausal female smokers, the bones are quite weak and the incidence of periodontal disease is also quite high.
To summarize, for smokers, the risk for gum disease is higher and the recovery of gum disease is delayed. The duration and number of cigarettes has a direct effect on the gum disease. Of note, the effects are more severe in females, compared to males.
The good news however, is that quitting smoking (and other forms of nicotine) can show immediate results, including complete reversal of the damage. Other ways to manage include:
1. Regular brushing and flossing, twice a day at least
2. Rinsing after each meal with either a medicated rinse or plain water
3. Clinical cleaning including scaling and root planing if required at regular intervals
4. Minor surgery if required if there is root exposure and/or deep periodontal pockets
5. Abstain from tobacco in any form
Smoking affects the gums and periodontium severely, tooth loss has a strong and direct correlation with smoking. Not many would have thought about the adverse effects of smoking on the dental system. While they sound very alarming, there is definitely hope, with the first step as quitting it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Sir please help me to get soft bristle scrub brush Please upload me a image to get that soft bristle scrub brush Please help me Doctor told me that by using that on face helps to grow beard So please help me sir please.
I am feeling sensitivity while taking water, eating, or cold stuff from 1 month. I consult doctor he suggest me to use sensodyne. My problem was not yet solved. Can any other suggestions to solve sensitivity problem.
Vitamin deficiency and gum bleeding through mouth? Since 1 year. Bleeding is occurring after few hours of every eating particularly I observed after night food. I have nothing idea about bleeding. What's the problem and what should I do?
I have ulcers in throat since 5 days and im facing problems in talking, swallowing swelling is also there. Ulcers are 15-20 in number. It is very painful What can I do?
I am having wisdom tooth pain since 3 days. It was severe on friday I went to dentist she advice me removal of teeth. Currently I am having very minute pain while opening my mouth wide nothing else. Kindly advice me what should I do in this situation.
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.