Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Richa AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My baby was eight months old. Past two weeks her stool was gray and some times green color. Is it normal? Before it happens like this few months back I consult to doctor he advice it's normal. But sometimes it's repeating. Is it normal. I'm so much worried about this. Now using Ayurvedic medicine for this problem. But it's continuing the same. please help me.
Vaccine provided through municipality is it safe for baby and kindly suggest that what differences of vaccine given through private doctor and municipality?
My daughter licked a little of perlice creme wat should I do. I immediately wiped her tongue with a towel n rinsed it. But very scared.
Dr. my daughter will be 1 years by january 2017. She is fine and responds to everything and remember everything. The only worry for me is that though she crawls on her knees she hates walking. She stands by holding on to furnitures and other supports but still can't walk. Please help me dr.
My baby is 16 months old. Suffering from fever, Cold & crying every time .appetite is not good. Please prescribe .thank you sir.
Hi my son is 3 years old & he takes proper diet however he do potty once in every alternate day. Please suggest.
Delivery done for my wife 5 days before. But breast milk was not producing adequately. So insufficient diet for baby. can milk formation be done by some food? Any other diet can be given?
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development. Inattention and hyperactivity are key symptoms of ADHD. Symptoms can include having problems sustaining attention in tasks, not listening when spoken to directly, not following through on instructions, failing to finish schoolwork or chores, starting tasks but quickly losing focus, getting easily sidetracked, talking nonstop, blurting out an answer before a question has been completed, finishing other people’s sentences, or speaking without waiting for a turn in conversation. Raising a child with ADHD isn’t like traditional childrearing. Normal rule-making and household routines can become almost impossible, so you’ll need to adopt different approaches. It can be frustrating and disheartening to cope with constant impulsive behaviour from your child. Here are a few tips to help you:
1. Create structure:
Make a routine for your child and stick to it every day. Establish rituals around meals, homework, playtime, and bedtime. Simple daily tasks, such as having your child lay out his or her clothes for the next day can provide structure.
2. Break tasks into smaller chunks:
Breakdown any task into smaller manageable tasks. Have a task list up on a wall and write down any and all tasks the child needs to finish. This way they know what needs to be done and when they need to get it done by.
3. Create a quiet corner:
Create a small quiet space for your child where they can do their homework, reading and have some time to themselves. Make this place a quiet distraction free area for them. Keep this place neat and organized at all times.
4. Promote wait-time:
Children with ADHD often speak out without thinking of what they are saying. It is important to encourage thoughtful responses while doing any work or reading a book. It is important to teach your child how to think before speaking.
5. Declutter the space:
Children with ADHD welcome distractions such as television, video games and computer games. These encourage impulsive behaviour and thus should be regulated. Decreasing time with electronics and increasing time doing engaging activities outside the home, will give your child an outlet for any built-up energy.
Hi, my son is 7 weeks and 6 days old, he born at 35th week with no medical condition and weight is 2 kgs, from 3 to 4th week onwards he is pooping every half an hour to one hour a very little amount, otherwise pooping 3 to 4 times a day (some good amount, my concern is pooping every half an hour? Is it normal? What causes it? When will he becomes normal?
Hello sir My question is mera ladka hai uski age 6 th month hai. Wo kal sham se abi tak 7-8 baat pooty ki hai. Sir ye kia karan hai or iski medicine kya hai .
My son is 2.5 yrs old but he doesn't talk. He used to say some words I. E maa. Pa. Pa. Etc till 1.5 yrs. But after suffered from serious illness he left talking. And now he tells sometimes maa pa. Pa. Pa etc but not talk as normal as others. I went through his BERA test and found report normal. We consulted many doctors but no one diagnosed the reason and says that he will tell but it will take time. Being his father I am very anxious for his career. Please suggest me sir.
What to add with oats to make it more nutritious and with rice? Because my baby only eat oats and rice.
My 2 years old son's weight is 10. 280 kg.How can his weight be increased? He suffers from hardened stool frequently. Can I give him pediasure
My 4 year old son has caught cold while playing outside one week before. That time he was suffering from fever and severe ear pain. I shown him to ENT specialist .he prescribed Taxim-o for seven days. He also prescribed brufen (to reduce ear pain) for two days and told after two days give brufen whenever necessary. Now the problem is even after 5 days he is still suffering from ear pain and I have to give brufen even he used to cover his ears most of the times. Any suggestion how to proceed with this. Initially he said putting warm clothe eases his ear pain.
My sister's baby is one weeks old and she cant breast feed the baby as nipple is getting injured. Can I give my breast milk to little baby? my baby is one yr old.
My baby has 2 years old premature baby. He have low vitamin D.what kind of food has to give. I mean I want the list of vitamin D foods.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.