Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reshoo GuptaYour feedback matters!
Men often complain of impotence. Is there a female equivalent – something like female impotence? The answer is yes, in the sense that women do have their share of sexual problems. They are broadly termed as Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD). The word 'female impotence' is a misnomer. The common FSDs faced by women can be about desire (absent, diminished or excessive desire), inability to get excitement (physiological changes) despite having desire, inability to reach climax (orgasm), painful sex including vaginismus or a combination of these. Some of these problems can be present right from the start, while in some women, they start after having a satisfactory sexual life for a while. Female sexual dysfunction can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain the relationship.
- Inhibited desire disorder: A very common FSD is having low or no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are tiredness, stress, anxiety, depression, illness, hormone imbalances, painful sex, unrewarding sexual activity, relationship disharmony, sexual trauma, and drug or alcohol abuse. Medication, pregnancy, child birth and breastfeeding can also be other causes for this. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they experience a low in the sexual desire. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also may lead to sexual dysfunction women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. Pain may also occur during thrusting or even several minutes after intercourse. Each type of pain has different causes. For example, you will have superficial pain/irritation when there are issues like yeast infection, genital herpes, muscle spasms, or just plain lack of lubrication and other such problems; A deep-seated pain can be due to endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or ovarian cysts; Pain or burning sensation during thrusting could be due to lack of lubrication, or infection of the neck of the uterus (cervix), for example. Mainly lack of lubrication and yeast infection are important causes for painful intercourse. Pain can be sometimes dreadful and discourages women from intercourse and may even cause long-term low sex desire.
- Inability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm only through penile-vaginal intercourse. The truth is, it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women do not reach the climax through peno-vaginal sex without direct or indirect stimulation to the clitoris! Women who love their partner might live with this unsatisfying sex for some time, but gradually they run the risk of losing interest in sex. Some women eventually refuse sexual relations, for they are better off without sex than sex without orgasms and gross sexual dissatisfaction.
If you think you are facing any of the above problems, it may be a FSD and calls for steps to overcome the problem and to preserve the pleasure, intimacy, satisfaction, harmony and the overall well-being of your relationship. However, do not feel threatened as you are not alone, and getting to the sex counselor/therapist will help you out of such problems.
I am 19 years old I just lose my virginity with my partner we had a protected sex as we used condom but from last four days my vagina is itching the area is quit red read on the internet about it but there are not any symptoms of stds m worrying about it please suggest what to do.
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.
I am 38 years old unmarried women having a problem of hormonal imbalance n irregular periods, two years before doctor suggested tab regestrone for 3 months n I got relief but now again I am having the same problem n I have started taking regestrone without asking doctor is there any harm of taking regestrone at this age.
5 Detox drinks for this wedding season
Weddings are that time of the year when you don’t have control over what you eat. It’s very easy to overindulge, the effects of which may be visible on your skin, weight, and hair. Going on a detoxification drive is what you can do to counter these effects.
One integral aspect of a detox drive is what you drink. Certain drinks can help you in rejuvenating from within, while increasing your energy level. Here are some amazing detox drink recipes that you could make in a jiffy to overcome the toll the wedding season takes on your health.
1. Spice detox drink
Spices contain anti-oxidants that help to cleanse the body and counteract the damaging effects that fatty, sugary and salty foods can have on your body. Drinking hot water into which spices have been added is one of the best ways to improve your health. To make this spice infused detox drink you require
Water – 1.8l
Whole cumin – ¼ teaspoon
Whole coriander – ¼ teaspoon
Whole fennel – ½ teaspoon
Seeds of cardamom pods – 5
Add the spices into boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and store in a thermos to drink throughout the day.
2. Lime and lemon detox smoothie
Detox drink containing citrus fruits is another sure-shot way of eliminating toxins from your body. The cleansing properties of limes and lemons make these water-rich fruits your best bet for detoxifying your body. Additionally, their fibre content not only ensures your system is thoroughly cleaned but also improves the function of your colon (the part of the digestive system that is responsible for processing waste products from your body).
For making this lemon-lime smoothie, you need the following ingredients:
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lemon – ½
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lime – ½
Peeled, medium sized bananas – 2
Orange – 1
Spinach (optional) – 1-2 cups
Start by squeezing the juice from one big orange and keep it aside. In a blender, add the orange juice followed by ½ lemon and lime, and bananas. The last and also optional ingredient that you can add in this drink is spinach. Blend the contents for about 30 seconds until you get a creamy mixture.
3. Root vegetables detox drink
To improve your body’s digestive system, it is good to have root vegetables that are high in fibre. During the wedding season or after it, the need to have fibre becomes more important as your digestive system becomes sluggish, with constipation being an issue that you may have to deal with later on. These root vegetables will help to keep waste products moving through your digestive tract.
The root vegetables drink involve the use of these ingredients:
Fresh ginger (peeled and chopped) – 2 tablespoons
Chopped medium sized beet – 1
Sliced medium sized carrots – 4
Cored and cubed medium sized apple – 1
A cup of water
Blend all of the root vegetables in one cup of water until you get a smooth texture. Strain the juice and store in the fridge for use of up to 2 days.
Filled with nutrients like vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and so on, these detox drinks are highly effective at eliminating toxins from your body, while helping in improving your overall well-being.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Is craving is a sign of pregnancy or anything else for few days I am feeling these & can not leave without food I had measure my fasting & pp sugar it is in normal range.
Hii doctor, This is madhuri ramakrishna I got delivery in 5th month because leaking of aminoic fluid Now its completed 2 months (March 16th) Now I am 101 kgs weight Height 5'5' inches I want to lose weight Please tell me how to loss weight by healthy diet and exercises Thank you sir.
Hi, I am a 28 year old woman and is likely to get married by next year. Since I will already be 29 by the time I get married, should I plan to have a baby right after marriage or I can take time? My fiancee is not keen to plan a baby right after marriage since he is also 28 and we want to enjoy a bit before planning a baby. But I am worried. Will I have problem if I delay it by 2 to 3 years?
I have high prolactin level of 30.94. I am unmarried. kindly suggest is it very alarming. What can be done to reduce it?
My wife is pregnant since 6 weeks and her last missed period date is March 8 and her last period date is Feb 8. I wanted know how many month of pregnancy is this and when the scanning should be taken?
My girlfriend is pregnant one month but she don't want a child. what can be done to solved this problem.
My Friend kid died in her womb just 4 days before from her Delivery date. So Dr. did cesarian and took the kid. She is too upset nowm kindly let her to know when she can pregnant again? Dr. told to her that she can pregnant after 6 months but others are told that she has to wait for 1 1/2 yrs.
M pregnant. It's my 5th month going to complete on dis 18. So cn you tell that can I have banana. HW much banana should I hv on per day.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.