Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha BhartiYour feedback matters!
Day 14, found irregular follicle 11×13mm s/o ruptured follicle in right ovary? What does irregular follicle means? Endometrium 10.2mm.
Does having a hsg test increase the chances for getting pregnant. Actually m pcod patient treatment is going in for the last 3 and half months. Is this the last treatment. please plz suggest.
Exercise burns calories. In the case of walking the calories you burn depend much more on the distance you cover and your body weight than on your speed.
This table shows calories burned per mile of walking for people of varying weights:
Your weight approximate calories per mile (1.6 k)
54 kg 85
63 kg 95
72 kg 105
82 kg 115
90 kg 125
People who walk gain significantly less weight gain than those who didn't, the more walking, the less weight gain. And the benefit was greatest in the heaviest individuals.
My wife had miscarriage 3 times in the past 14 years. Doctors said there are less chances of conceiving due to 3 times miscarriage and she had problem of torch nil in the past. She is a low bp patient also irregular menses. What is ivf treatment and.
I recently had a vaginal infection in the month of June my gyneac has prescribed clingen forte for vaginal insertion for 6 days In the month of August I had unprotected sex with my husband I have noticed he developed small pimples later it disappeared in a day But it made me apprehensive that my infection was not cured, I kindly request you to prescribe a proper course to cure the infection. I had delivered a baby 7 months ago and has gallbladder removAl 4 months ago.
Your body goes through drastic changes when you are pregnant. Your body makes more blood during pregnancy; for instance, prior to pregnancy, your body made approximately 5 litres of blood, but now it produces 7 to 8 litres of it.
Producing excess red blood cells requires haemoglobin, which in turn requires plenty of folate, iron and vitamin B12. If there is a deficiency in any of these requirements, you might develop anaemia.
Anaemia is a condition, which is characterized by a lack of red blood cells in the body. The risks of becoming anaemic during pregnancy include:
- Being extremely fatigued
- Miscarriages, premature birth, or low birth-weight
- The baby can inherit anaemia from the mother
- The child can have certain developmental delays
- Postpartum depression (post-childbirth depression)
How it can be prevented?
To prevent such risks, it is important to implement the proper diet. Here are some dietary tips to prevent anaemia during pregnancy:
1. Consume iron-rich foods: Foods that provide you with the best source of iron are
- Poultry and eggs
- Dark green and leafy vegetables (for example: spinach, broccoli and kale)
- Seeds and nuts
- Beans and lentils
- Ripe bananas
2. Don't forget the supplements: Foods are great sources of the nutrients you require, but they may be lacking at times. Ask your doctor for supplements like vitamin, folic acid and iron supplements mostly. Consuming supplements before pregnancy can go a long way in preventing anaemia.
3. Folic acid is important: Folic acid is very important for pregnant women. You must consume 400 milligrams of it to prevent anaemia and birth defects in babies. Foods that are rich in folic acid include:
- Brussel sprouts
4. Vitamins are crucial: Vitamin C helps in iron absorption which boosts haemoglobin production. Some foods rich in vitamin C include
- Citrus fruits
- Bell peppers
5. Be vigilant while cooking: Sometimes while cooking foods, the wrong method can strip them of their iron content. So be careful not to fry, boil or stew such foods too much. Certain foods are best consumed raw; read the labels properly if in doubt.
6. Abstain from certain habits: Alcohol, tea, cigarette and coffee hinder iron absorption. So stop consuming them if you are trying to conceive or have conceived.
Im not getting periods from past 6 months im suffering from pcod im gaining weight I dnt have thyroid im trying to reduce my weight also And help for getting regular periods.
SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT OF WOMEN SUFFER from headaches, mood swings, bloating, and other problems that threaten their relationships, work life, and well-being.
PMS has been known by women for many years. However, within the past 30 or so years, pharmaceutical companies have targeted and created a market to treat this normal part of a woman's cycle as a disease.
Premenstrual syndrome refers to the collection of symptoms or sensations women experience as a result of high hormone levels before, and sometimes during, their periods.
One type of PMS is characterized by anxiety, irritability Mood swings & depression around cycle time, Breast tenderness, Vaginal dryness or itchiness, Cyclic insomnia, night sweats & fatigue. These feelings are usually relieved with the onset of bleeding. Most likely, this type relates to the balance between estrogen and progesterone. If estrogen predominates, anxiety occurs. If there's more progesterone, depression may be a complaint.
Sugar craving, fatigue and headaches signify a different type of PMS. In addition to sugar, women may crave chocolate, white bread, white rice, pastries, and noodles. These food cravings may be caused by the increased responsiveness to insulin related to increased hormone levels before menstruation. In this circumstance, women may experience symptoms of low blood sugar; their brains are signaling a need for fuel. A consistent diet that includes complex carbohydrates will provide a steady flow of energy to the brain and counter the ups and downs of blood sugar variations.
Simple Steps to ease PMS
1. Take care of your diet.
• Cut out caffeine.
• Stop eating refined flour, sugar, and processed foods.
• Stop drinking alcohol.
• Balance your blood sugar by eating protein, such as a protein shake, eggs, and nut butters, for breakfast.
• Eat evenly throughout the day and don’t skip meals.
• Don’t eat within three hours of bedtime.
• Increase fiber in your diet from vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, and whole grains. Increase omega-3 fats by eating more fish and walnuts.
• Eat organic food, especially animal products, to avoid environmental estrogens from pesticides.
2. Take supplements.
A number of supplements have been shown to help ease PMS symptoms by improving metabolic function and hormone metabolism. Here are the superstars:
• Calcium citrate.
• Vitamin B6 ,folate and vitamin B12.
• Evening primrose oil
• EPA/DHA (omega 3 fats)
• A good daily multivitamin (all the nutrients work together)
• Isoflavones from soy
• Replacing healthy bacteria in the gut also helps normalize estrogen and hormone metabolism. Take 5 to 10 billion live organisms in a daily probiotic supplement.
3. Get moving.
Exercise is very important for balancing hormones. Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, 4 to 5 times a week.
4. Address stress.
Dealing with stress is also critical. Take a hot bath at night, get a massage, try yoga, learn deep breathing or meditation.
If your symptoms are severe and are affecting your daily life, you should consult a Gynaecologist for Medical intervention.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #pms #gynecologistindelhi #gynecologist #womenshealth
I'm wondering why my period dates have changed. About three or four months ago my period dates changed. I used to get my period on the 25th each month. Then one month after that I got my period on the 20th every month so my cycle has mostly been 31 but last month I got my period on the 21st and this month I got my period on the 19th that was 29 days apart, could this be due to stress? idk why this has happened.
For most women, though periods are essential, they are not a pleasant experience. The bleeding is often accompanied by bloating, pain in the abdomen and thighs, weakness etc. that can make her feel uncomfortable along with mood swings and irritability. It gets worse if your periods happen to clash with travel plans, holidays or important events like a marriage or social function. Thankfully, there are natural ways to delay the onset of one’s periods. Eating some types of food can help speed up the menstrual cycle while others can help delay the next period. Here are some foods you could try if you want to delay your next period.
- Lentils: Lentils can help delay a period and can also help reduce the amount of bleeding. It also helps reduce menstrual complications. To benefit from it, you must consume a cup of lentils on a daily basis. Roast the dried lentils and then grind the lentils to a fine powder. This powder can then be mixed with water to form a soup.
- Lemons and Vinegar: The acidic nature of lemon and vinegar can help delay the onset of your periods. It also helps remove toxins from the body and brings a glow to your face. You could simply chew a slice of lemon to delay your periods or drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar twice a day. This should ideally be had on an empty stomach in the morning and just before going to bed.
- Parsley: Herbs not only add flavour to our food but also have medicinal value. Parsley is excellent not only for digestion but also to delay menstruation. Steep a handful of parsley leaves in half a litre of water for approximately 20 minutes. Strain this solution and drink the tea while still warm. This should be repeated twice or thrice a day for approximately a week before your periods begin. Parsley tea may be a little bitter and to make it more appealing you could add a little honey to the tea.
- Avoid Spicy Food: Spicy foods increase the body’s internal temperature. This leads to the production of more oestrogen that can quicken the menstrual cycle. Eliminating spices such as pepper, chillies, garlic, jalapenos, paprika etc. from your diet can help lower the body’s internal temperature and reduce the production of oestrogen thereby delaying the onset of your next period.
I have got my menses today. The biting sensation in urine occurred only two to three days before the menses and now it is fine. What can be the issue.
I am having itching sensation inside my vagina during night, and I can feel few rashes, when I put my fingers inside. I maintain hygiene, and keep my vagina absolutely clean by washing overtime with water. Pls suggest medicines to cure the vaginal itching and rashes.
How to increase the time of sex? N my husband is fat so we can not get the pleasure properly. actually he dosent knows how to fuck properly please giv me the tips to improve.
I am planning for a baby, my last period date was 9 th Feb 2017, When we intercourse, the Siemens comes out, can you please help in why?
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:
- Laughing can help you burn calories: If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective: Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor: Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells: T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension: Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible.
Here is a list of problems that can arise due to sedentary living.
1) lower back problems - you should always remember to keep your back straight while sitting for long time periods with arms bent at right angles and flat feet. A slouched back can result in herniated lumbar disks and stiff psoas muscles.
2) decreased brain function - sitting at one place for a long time without breaks adversely affects the performance of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (or bdnf), a process which is responsible for the discharge of protective genes and mood-enhancing chemicals by pumping fresh blood and oxygen to the brain. This in turn results in a foggy brain which leads to reduced concentration levels, forgetfulness and confusion.
3) blood clots - it has been proven that sitting at a desk or couch for a long time period can lead to severe deep vein thrombosis (dvt). Obese people are all the more vulnerable to the threatening condition which occurs as a result of reduced blood circulation.
4) chronic organ diseases - a sedentary lifestyle greatly reduces the fat burning capacity of the body and decreases blood flow; heightening the risk of fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, digestive problems and clogged arteries.
5) misalignment of the skeleton - when you sit at your desk for long hours, your posture is bound to suffer as you tend to slouch with humped shoulders and a craned neck. This eventually leads to permanent misalignment and repetitive stress injuries.
6) muscular degeneration - the less you use your muscles, the faster they degenerate. Sitting around for too long greatly weakens your abdominal muscles, upper and lower spine, neck and shoulders.
If you have any further questions on how you can lead a healthier lifestyle, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.