Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindra
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
Any suggestions for dark brown pigments may be due to sun and its growing since I was around 10 years or more. What I have to do to clear.
For e.g. I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
My sister's daughter is 6 years old she is getting white patches on her face when she exposed to sunlight and becoming normal after few days. Pediatrician suggested sunscreen lotion. Still it is coming on other places. Pls suggest.
My lips are getting darker day by day and m getting more n more dark circles and m getting thinner can you suggest me anything?? Which ll help me to reduce my lip darkness and dark circles??
I am 29 year old women and suffering pain in right side boob since last one month. I have verified by three doctors but no solution after getting pills it temporary relief but after some time it started again. Give me permanent solution.
Hi I am having fungi infection it is so much that it us spreading all over my body and face it's forming like a bubble and bursting. I am currently using some soap and gel called Moisturex and physiogel. It has developed all over my armpits and head and face.
I have back color and wrinkles under eye and I have hairs on my face so I need to no how to remove that from my face and how to make go from eye dark.
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.