Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RaviYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant last three months LMP 24/07/17. According to (tvs) ultrasound report baby 7 weeks 0 day by cribs hospital 23/10/17. Doctor ask me baby heartbeat not start according to USG .so doctor ask me for abortion. please help me. I will wait some weeks. What I do.
Hi, I got married 2 months ago. My wife is having regular periods. But this month bleeding happened 1 week before the regular cycle and stopped for 3 days. And 4th and 5th day we observed spotting. Now my wife is feeling vomiting sensation, back pain, stomach pain, headache. Please tell me what are these symptoms.
Smoking during pregnancy can adversely affect not only your health but that of your unborn too. Kicking this habit can help you to have a safer pregnancy as well as a healthier baby. If not, it can lead to a number of serious pregnancy complications including the death of your baby. According to various findings, smoking during this period can double your prospects of having a baby with low birth weight as well as your chance for stillbirth.
What happens when you smoke while pregnant?
The cigarette smoke is made up of about 4000 chemicals, which includes about 60 cancer causing substances, lead, and cyanide. Of these toxins in cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide and nicotine are the two toxins that make up much of smoking-related pregnancy complication. The toxins go directly to your baby through the bloodstream, the only source of nutrients and oxygen for your offspring. By working in tandem, the nicotine and carbon monoxide toxins bring about a decrease in the supply of oxygen for your baby. While nicotine cuts off oxygen supply by constricting the blood vessels, the red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen also pick up carbon monoxide molecules and take them directly to your baby.
What effects does it have on your little one?
When you smoke, you put your baby on harm's way and here's what happens to your baby:
- In terms of weight, it has been revealed that while smoking one pack daily can bring about a 226 gm decrease in the baby's weight, smoking two packs every day can affect your baby's weight by about 453 gm. A stunted growth during this period can negatively affect your child later in life.
- Due to the negative effects of the toxins, the development of your baby's lung and body gets hampered. It may also make your baby prone to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) and asthma.
- It can also increase your baby's chance of suffering from a heart defect. Research shows that babies whose mothers smoke during the first three months of pregnancy have 20-70% chance of developing congenital heart problems compared to babies whose mothers didn't smoke.
- Smoking can affect the development of his brain functions and cause him or her to suffer from low IQ, learning disabilities as well as behavioral issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I was taking Yasmin contraceptive for last 2 years. I leave it taking from last month. After that we had sex with condom. But this month I miss my periods that sapoused to be happen on 6th of March. I did test for pregnancy on 16 th march it's negative. Till now no periods. What should I do now. Pleas help.
I'm 16 years old. Nd I have problem in my boobs. One boob is bigger than the other. Give me some suggestions to solve this problem.
We all know that pregnancy woman does not get periods during pregnancy? But some woman have all nine periods during their pregnancy, why?whats the reason of having al 9 periods in pregnancy? Its common or rare?
My wife is 36 years old & she is suffering from thyroid. She take medicines for this disease. Her period is regular & she is healthy too. We are planing a baby what is the possibilities & what we have to do please guide us.
I am 31 years old female and having pain while doing intercourse with my hubby ,I have 6 month old baby. In last 1.5 year we have met only 3 to 4 times that too with very much pain. Please advise.
Peach is an amazing summer fruit that can be eaten with almost each and every meal or for a snack. Peaches are great and nutritious source of vitamin A and vitamin C. Whether you have the peaches from the field of summer harvest or you have the frozen peaches purchased from a supermarket, they surely can help you to lose weight. For the best weight loss diet plans, eat peaches in moderation and just focus on keeping the rest of the diet low in calories. Peaches have a lot in store, lets find out what other benefits they have.
- Helps Control Calorie Consumption: There are 68 calories in a fresh large six-ounce peach. They can easily fit into a diet plan which is calorie controlled for the purpose of weight loss. One needs to consume fewer amounts of calories than you generally consume for the purpose of losing weight. Low calorie foods such as peaches can help one to stick to a calorie controlled diet. In order to reduce the consumption of calorie, one must choose peaches in place of other foods with higher amounts of calories. A brownie has about 227 calories, and a pack of potato chips has about 152 calories. So, you can have peaches in place of these snacks to reduce weight.
- Fill up on fiber and water with peaches: There is about 2.6 grams of dietary fiber in a large fresh peach or about 10 percent of the daily amount based on a diet of 2,000 calories. High fiber diet can aid a person in weight control as high fiber diet helps us to feel full. And so we tend to eat less the other foods of high calorific value. Peaches are composed of water for almost 89 percent of their whole weight and so they are also filling. Water is a calorie-free nutrient material which helps to reduce hunger as it fills up one’s belly. In order to have a high fiber breakfast, one can add slices of peach to whole grain cold cereal or oatmeal with skimmed milk.
- Always choose the right kind: There are some forms of peaches which are higher in calories. Hence, they are less beneficial for weight loss. In dried peaches, there is lower water content than fresh normal peaches. Such dried peaches have a higher amount of calorie content per ounce. A single quarter-cup serving of dried peaches have a weight of only 1.5 ounces but contain about 96 calories. There are about 118 calories in sweetened frozen peaches each half cup, and there are about 80 calories in a half cup canned peaches which are soaked in heavy syrup. If you wish to have better results in terms of weight loss, then you must choose fresh peaches or peaches canned and soaked in their own juice.
- Other Considerations: Try to eat peaches by mixing them with various dishes or try different recipes with them. Low fat cheese stick along with a large peach can help in weight loss and also acts as a high calcium content snack. Remember, trying out varieties will also help you stay motivated to achieve significant weightless that is sustainable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.