Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi VermaYour feedback matters!
The human body is an intricate mechanism that functions amazingly. And when there is any trouble it does not fail to show signs of trouble, and all we need to do is, to notice it and solve our problems. This is applicable to all types of health issue, including a perianal abscess.
What is perianal abscess?
The extremely painful condition of anal abscess occurs when one cavity in the anus starts getting filled up with pus. Very often it appears as a painful swelling similar to boil just near the anus. Usually, it appears red in color as well as slightly warm to touch. If the location of the anal abscesses is in the deeper tissue, then it might be less visible and it occurs in people suffering from inflammatory bowel disease.
The worst part is that in certain cases, anal abscesses might lead to more painful anal fistulas. Generally, fistulas occur only if the abscesses fail to heal and break open on the skin’s surface. Therefore, it is important that the abscess heals properly or else it may lead to intolerable pain and may even require surgery.
How do you know if it is a perianal abscess?
The immediately noticeable and probably the most common anal abscess symptom is constant and throbbing pain around the anal area. Swelling accompanies the pain and its rate increases during bowel movements. Various other common signs include bleeding or rectal discharge, constipation, fatigue, etc. Besides swelling or tenderness, the affected individual might also suffer from skin irritation all around the anus.
What to do if you suspect a perianal abscess?
One must immediately seek medical if they experience any of the above-mentioned signs or symptoms. Clinical evaluation along with digital rectal exam is sufficient for the proper diagnosis. But, in some cases, patients might need other tests to screen for rectal cancer, diverticular disease, inflammatory bowel disease and sexually transmitted infections. Your physician might also suggest for a CT scan, an MRI or an ultrasound.
Just after the diagnosis, a prompt surgical drainage would be carried out by the doctor before the abscess erupts. Deeper or larger abscess might require hospitalization as well as an anesthesiologist’s assistance. In most cases, patients are prescribed certain medications for pain relief just after the procedure. Antibiotics are mainly given to those people who have comparatively weaker immunity or suffer from diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What are the symptoms of STD not HIV Should these STD shows a symptoms and goes back normal for a long period of time without symptoms.
Hi, I am married and had a abortion 2 months. After abortion, first month was ok not that heavy bleed, but second period starts and its 23 day bleed still exist. Consulted doctor, she did test n confirmed no pregnancy and for bleeding she said its hormonal changes and gave primolut nor 10 mg 2 times for 15 days n said stop after 15 days and then 2-3 days periods will start and might have cramps and heavy bleed. But then it will become normal. But over all after taking medicines my bleed is heavy, is this ok and normal?
Hi. Actually am 5 week pregnancy is eyebrow threading and wax and facial is good or bad. Could you please tell me?
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.