Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi VermaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, We are expecting our second baby. My wife is 30 years old. My wife went for 3 month scan and got a risk factor of 1: 375 for Down's. Our doctor advised for a NIPT test to ensure no anomalies after 3rd month scan. The results were negative and we were happy. Now during the 5th month anomaly scan, all results were normal except one observation "Unossified nasal bone. Our doctor advised this as normal as the NIPT results are negative. We paternal cousin sister has Down's. Should we leave it as per doctor's advice or is there a way we can ensure the baby is doing fine. Kindly advice.
Good morning Doctor, I am 4 month 2 weeks pregnant and I'm having little bleeding/ spotting problem from 2nd month onwards very frequently. Doctor said that my placenta distance is 2.2 only but once baby start growing it will pulled up. Hence we don't have sex till this date however my friend is telling me that having sex during pregnancy will help normal delivery. I request you to advise whether it's good to have sex and sperm can be release inside or not. Also till which month is safe to have intercourse please advise. This is my first pregnancy.
What is the duration of sperm contamination in bladder to get pregnancy and what is the suggested duration between one to another intercourse.
Masturbation: Not Just for Millennials
With May being Masturbation Month, there have been a number of articles in the press about the joys of self-pleasuring. Some of these articles have taken the results of a recent poll and focused on the finding that millennials practice masturbation at a higher rate than other age groups. (And since there are benefits, such as improved vaginal and penis health, kudos to them for their efforts.) But some of these pieces make it seem as if masturbation is strictly a millennials-only activity - and that's far from the case.
According to the survey, 57% of millennials report masturbating weekly, which is more than any other age group. More than 40% of people between the ages of 35 and 54, for example, masturbate weekly. It's clear that millennials are not the only ones taking matters into their own hands.
For example, 84% of Americans (admit to) masturbating, which breaks down to 92% of American men and 76% of American women. Not bad, men, but U.S. males are still behind some of their international peers. In Germany, 93% of men say they provide self-satisfaction, and in the UK, the figure is 96%. But Brazil beats them all, with a male masturbation rate of 98%.
Men also tend to masturbate more than women. 54% of American men masturbate weekly, and average 4.8 sessions per week; only 22% of women self-ignite weekly, at an average rate of 4.1 times per week.
The survey also looked at sex toys, which are part of many individuals' and couples' sex lives. The survey was conducted by a sex toy manufacturer, so one may want to keep that in mind; however, according to the survey, people who have used sex toys tend to be more satisfied with their sexual activities than those who have not.
Among American men, 20% stated that they currently use sex toys, as opposed to 35% of women. But 46% of U.S. males said they were open to buying a sex toy for themselves at some point in the future. (This puts them pretty much in the middle, globally, with a high of 71% from Mexican men and 14% from Nigerian men.) One reason for this may be that partners of men who use sex toys report an overall greater satisfaction.
The survey has a great deal more information, but it ultimately reinforces what many already know: there's a lot of masturbating going on. And with May as Masturbation Month, there's likely to be a spike in that activity.
With that in mind, men who are self-celebrating should remember a few tips:
- Be sure to use lubrication. Yes, sometimes a guy can get by with a little saliva if the masturbation session is of short duration. But in most instances, masturbating without lubrication can lead to a raw, painful penis.
- Watch out for death grips. Squeezing the penis too tightly for too long can lead to a diminishment of feeling in the penis - and no guy wants that.
- Clean up afterward. Some men who masturbate at bedtime just wipe the semen off on their penis and fall asleep. Dried semen can contribute to penis odor issues, which can be a turn-off to many partners.
Millennials and boomers alike enjoy masturbation, as does every adult age group. And it will be more pleasurable if a guy's equipment is kept in good health through the use of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that includes a combination of moisturizing agents (such as shea butter and vitamin E) to help soothe a sore penis which has been worked over a bit too much. And find a crème with L-arginine, the neuroprotective properties of which can help restore diminished penis sensation due to aggressive handling.
I have delivered my baby in April 2015 now he 6 months old but till the time my monthly cycle not coming. And I have a very bad pain in my back. Please suggest me.
Hlo doctor. I am of 20 years. actually day before yesterday after I had sex. Suddenly I had a lot of pain in stomach and near anus. I could not move. What will be the problem may I know.
She is student of 21 years old , recently she came to know that there is a cyst development in her body . So how can she come over it?
I m 20 years old and I have a problem related to private parts. I m a girl. My intimate parts gets wet by white water. What should I do? Is this normal or is it bad for my health?
Are you an athlete looking for an effective remedy for sports injuries and accidents? You should opt for homeopathy for treating sports injury of several kinds. In case of athletes, injuries of acute and chronic forms are quite common, and homeopathy offers a completely natural treatment without any side effects on your body that may affect your performance. Homeopathy provides you effective and rapid healing, and promotes natural healing of your injuries. Using homeopathic medicines for treating your sports injuries at the right time allows you to stay away from undergoing surgeries, which are inevitable in the case of serious injuries that progress over time.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines that are beneficial for athletes who suffer from sports injuries of various forms:
- This is one of the most popular and common homeopathic medicines that is used for treating sports injuries.
- It is a part of all first aid kits at football grounds, at games of all levels.
- Arnica is very effective when taken immediately after an injury. It is a legal medicine that can be taken by athletes and players after being inflicted with an injury in the field.
- This medicine is ideal for dealing with bruising pain, that is a part of several sports and helps athletes in keeping fit for their upcoming events .
- Calcaera carbonica
- Hypericum perforatum
- This homeopathic medicine is useful in case you get your nerves crushed on account of injuries, such as dropping a heavy barbell on your toe.
- In such cases, you should take Arnica first, and then take this medicine. It is beneficial for soothing nerve pain.
- Such pains are common when your spine is injured.
- Ledem palustre
- This is another effective homeopathic medicine for treating sports injuries in athletes.
- It is used for curing puncture wounds and insect bites.
- It is also used for treating a black eye and other injuries that are cold to touch. It is ideally used after taking Arnica first.
- Rhus toxidodendron
- This homeopathic medicine is important for treating ligament and tendon injuries that cause intense pain, stiffness, as also when a person experiences strains and sprains.
It is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting to take homeopathic medicines for treating sports injuries on your own. A doctor will be able to prescribe you the best medicines based on your condition and symptoms.