Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi M. Khilnani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi M. KhilnaniYour feedback matters!
If woman is not pregnant but she took oral contraceptive pills that is unwanted pregnancy within 72 hours so what will be complications?
I am trying to conceive since 4 years. Done 3 back to back iui. All failed. Now I am going for MINI IVF TREATMENT. I want to know what is the success rate of MINI IVF TREATMENT?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Eye problems that are caused due to the computer can be termed as Computer Vision Syndrome. Staring a computer screen has become a part of our daily lives, for many of us. Work and pleasure both include using a computer or a tablet. Looking at this screen for prolonged periods can cause many problems including strain, pain and stress due to the repeated eyeball movements and non-blinking nature of the work that we do when we stare at a screen for many hours.
Let us find out more about the causes of computer vision syndrome or CVS.
- Repeated Movements: When the same motion is carried out on a continuous basis, it can lead to stress based injuries due to the strain and stress caused in that part of the body. Much like carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries like tennis elbow and shoulder joint problems, this condition is also caused due to the constant and repetitive movements which are known to lead to stress injuries. The longer you continue the activity, the worse it is bound to get.
- Focus: When you sit in front of a computer screen and work, one of the most important things that you are doing is called focus. When you focus on a screen on a continuous basis, to align your eyes with what you need to read or see, you are causing long term damage if this activity is carried out for too many hours on a daily basis. This back and forth motion that makes us focus can lead to pressure and strain on the eyes, which should be broken by concentrating on other activities like writing on a paper or reading from a book.
- Eye Muscles: These types of movements and activities can actually put a lot of pressure and undue strain on the muscles of the eyes. Also, things become even more difficult for the delicate eye muscles with the glare and blue light emanating from the computer screen which also has other elements like a flicker. This causes the eyes to align themselves by putting pressure on the eye muscles, which makes working on a computer that much more challenging than reading a book.
- Wrong Glasses or Lenses: If you have nearsightedness or farsightedness, then these problems can become even more severe due to this kind of condition. Also, if you are wearing the wrong prescription glasses or lenses, your eyes are bound to suffer even more when you stare at a screen for such a long time.
Apart from all these factors, working on a computer gets even more challenging after a certain age like your forties.
1) Exhaustion- Do you feel tired, exhausted all the time? Most women think that it?s because of their frantic life. But it could actually be because your tissues don?t get enough oxygen.
2) Heavy Periods- Heavier blood flow is one of the reasons behind iron deficiency. Women may loose too much of blood and might not be able to replace it faster. Periods should only fill two to three tablespoons each month.
3) Paleness- Have people been telling you that you look pale or sickly. Low levels of protein and iron can suck away colour from your skin.
4) Shortness of Breath- A flight of stairs seem like a mammoth of a task when you have less iron. If you easily get short of breath, it?s time you consult your doctor.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Fertility is a potential for reproduction. In other words, fertility is an ability to have babies or to reproduce. When fertility rate in a community, increases more babies are born. To produce an offspring it depends on age, health and other factors of the woman. When we talk about fertility rates it means the number of births that happen during a certain time period in a specific location. On the other end, lack of ability to reproduce is termed as infertility. There are various treatments to deal with fertility issues and one of the ancient and natural as well as a trusted treatment is Ayurveda.
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, a defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males. infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can't be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
Failure to reproduce
Ayurveda For Infertility
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holistic healing systems. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body and Spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease. Fertility problems are increasing these days for many young couples. There are many factors which account for this like Lifestyle, delayed marriages, diet, etc. But Ayurveda not only does explain how to increase fertility with herbal supplements, but it also focuses on how to have healthy children.
For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
- Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
- Uterus (Soil)
- Nourishment (Water)
- Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men, the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to the transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then, according to Ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissues in the body.
Foods to Nourish All Seven Dhatus (Bringhana)
- Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
- Dairy proteins, including milk, lassi, and panir (a fresh cheese made of milk)
- Whole grains
- Mung dhal
- Soaked almonds or soaked walnuts
- Dried fruits such as dates, figs, and raisins
- Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears
- If your digestion is strong, eat urad dhal (available at Indian grocery stores) cooked with equal parts turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
- A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion.
Foods to Enhance the Reproductive Tissue (Vrishya)
Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin.
In general, it's important to eat a wide variety of foods in order to receive all the essential nutrients. Keep trying new vegetables and fruits, and rotate your menus to make sure you're not eating the same thing day after day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 19 weeks pregnant and suffering from constipation from last 5 days. please tell me any medicine for it.
Hello, we are trying for a child for last 3-4 months; however there is no positive result as yet. We consulted a gynaecologist who suggested follicular for me (for which results are ok) and semen analysis for my husband. My husband consulted an andrologist who also advised my husband to undergo circumcision surgery. As we are planning for a child, so will this (circumcision) surgery have any negative impact on that? please Advise. I am 33 yrs old and my husband s age is 37.Thank you.
One of the most common complaints during pregnancy is back pain. In fact, it's estimated that more than half of all women experience some degree of back discomfort. Most back pain is related to the physical changes that happen during pregnancy, including hormones, changes in the center of gravity, and posture. Unfortunately, it typically gets worse as pregnancy progresses.
What causes back pain during pregnancy?
Throughout pregnancy, hormones affect a woman's muscles and joints. The hormones relaxin and progesterone relax muscles and loosen ligaments and joints, especially in the pelvic area. The extra weight and body changes in pregnancy along with these loosened joints and ligaments can cause discomfort and even lead to injury.
As your uterus grows and becomes heavier, your center of gravity changes. This can lead to problems with balance and the potential for falls. The weight of your baby and weakening of abdominal muscles pulls your lower spine forward, adding strain to back muscles. Many women respond by leaning back in an awkward posture. This increases back strain and pain.
What can you do?
Some back pain can be prevented:
Try using proper body mechanics. For example, if you need to pick something up, squat down, bending at your knees and keeping your back straight. Avoid bending over from your waist.
Use good posture when sitting or standing and do back-strengthening exercises. Ask your healthcare provider about back exercises that are right for you.
Avoid activities that strain the back, like lifting and moving heavy objects.
Wear shoes that provide good support.
Sleep on your side with pillows between your knees for support.
Apply heat, cold, or massage to the painful area.
If you are having discomfort, talk with your healthcare provider. Back pain relief may require rest, supportive garments, or other types of treatment.
Prevention and treatment of back pain are important to avoid injury and to decrease the chance for long-term or chronic back pain. Because back pain in pregnancy can be a symptom of more serious problems, like preterm labor, always talk with your healthcare provider if symptoms are severe or last longer than 2 weeks.