Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi M. KhilnaniYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old. I have married 2 years ago and now I want beby so please help me to suggest in which day we made sex for pregnancy?
My wife is pregnant now 3 and half months, now she had bleeding now we are in hospital taking injection and all have any problem to child due To this.
From last 4 months I am missing my periods. My all tests even scan reports are normal. But then also my periods are not normal. What should I do?
I am 19 yrs old from 2 to 3 months im having my periods late n they are lasting only for 2 or 3days is this weakness or wt should I do?
When I go for preconception consultation will I be ordered ultrasound or sonography? Does it happen intravaginal or just external? Please let me know.
You probably spend a whole day working at your office when your back remains in the same position. Then when you come back from work, you complain about your back pain, put some medicine and hope it goes away the next day. However, in such cases there are chances that the pain might return after a few days. You may not be aware of the fact, but there are certain fairly simple exercises you can do to strengthen your back and prevent back pain. Here are some of them.
1.Opposite arm leg raises
Lie on your stomach with one arm in the air as your starting position. Then finish the exercise by slowly lifting your leg. Hold this position for two seconds and then repeat this for the other arm and leg as well.
2. Prone hold
Hold a posture where you are holding your entire body weight on just your toes and your elbows for as long as it is pain-free.
Lie on your belly with your arms above your head. Slowly lift your arms and legs from this position as far as possible and then put it down again. Repeat this as many times as you can do it in a pain free way. Once again, it is imperative to not do this when it is painful as you may get injured.
4. Side holds
To do this, you have to be on your side putting your entire body weight on the side of your foot and your elbow. Hold it for as long as you can maintain the correct posture and it is pain free for you.
5. Resistance band rotation
Stand straight up or on your knees with your back straight up. Then using a resistance band rotate your body back and forth.
Hi doctors .frezzed sperm can increase sperm count while iui treatment .bz I tried 3 iui no success rate. Without ivf treatment there s any other changes to get pregnant.
I am getting menses on and off every 2 months post delivery my baby is 9 months I want to become pregnant again my baby breastfeeds very minimally and is on oral feeds most of time plzz help any medical means. Am trying naturally from last 3 months but not getting pregnant.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.