Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi M. KhilnaniYour feedback matters!
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Im 21years old. I have irregular periods. After consulting doctor and after ultra sound I found a problem that I have vital pood. Doctor said that it is pcod and gave cycloset syrup iam using syrup since 3 months but there is no result my last period was on dec 21st till now there is no period. Please suggest me correct solution for my problem. Iam getting facial hair n hair loss. Suggest me some medicine and what is vital pood? Is it pcod or any thing else? Thank you.
Runners’ bodies require special diet including nourishing foods to fuel their muscles and to maintain their energy levels. Eating right foods at right timings greatly helps a runner’s body to perform better and will also reduce the chance of injury. The food should be rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and quality carbohydrates to fulfill their body requirements.
Here are foods that runners need to include in their diet.
1. Eggs: They are good source of choline, a type of vitamin B, which is essential for normal functioning of cells in the body and to reduce inflammation. Eggs also possess essential amino acids which are needed for speedy recovery.
2. Salmon: Salmon, besides being high in proteins, is the excellent source of omega-3 fats, the essential fats, which improve circulatory and nervous system functions. Also it helps to balance body inflammation system and suppress the disease symptoms of exercise induced diseases.
3. Skimmed milk: Skimmed milk, balanced in carbohydrates and fats, is an ideal post workout for muscle tissues repair and recovery.
4. Berries: Group of berries contain good amounts of antioxidants like anthocyanins which give attractive colors to them and help in restoring micro tears in muscles. They are also good source of vitamin C and potassium which are essential to soothe and treat sore muscles. Berries are also rich in fibers which means healthy digestive duct. These benefits of berries make them a must have foods for runners.
5. Low-fat Yogurt: It is loaded with proteins and calcium. In addition to this, it also provides good bacteria with anti inflammatory properties. These bacteria also help to maintain healthy digestive system.
6. Bananas: Another must-have food for runners are bananas. These energy boosting fruits are loaded with potassium which regulates blood pressure and reduce the risk of strokes in runners.
7. Oatmeal: Filling breakfast of oatmeal provides high quality carbohydrates and high fibers.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I want to lick her pussy lick so hard but I couldn't able to lick one because of hairy and second it smells bad and third I feel it dirty so wat should I do to lick it so hard.
Ayurveda's marichyadi choorna:
In this age of polluted environment and weakening immunities due to present day lifestyle, people fall prey to ciugh, bronchitis, asthma, colds, sore throat etc. On slightest exposure.
Best of antibiotics, inhalers and cortisones become resistant and people keep on searching for better and still better doctors.
We do not claim that marichyadi choorna is replacement of other best regimes available, but we do claim if these simple things are adopted besides other of modern prescriptions, the response to medicine will definitely increase. Immunity is enhanced by natural herbs. In fresh cases, even primary treatment by such simple combos will not push the people to unmanageable levels over the years. Can be combined with other medicines also, even allopathic.
Black pepper finely ground powder and sugarcandy finely ground powder in 1: 1 ratio.
Dose: 1 to 2 gms. To be licked with honey. Follow warm/ hot water sips. Even can be sucked without honey. It also clears voice. If 10 gms of this powder is boiled in 1 litre of water till it remains half, the water drunk slowly, cures chronic colds by excreting sticky cough.
Not suitable for diabetics.
Hi. My query is hot milk good or bad during periods. And one more thing I recently got married and my weight is increasing, what shud I do for it?
Hello Dr. I completing 3 month pregnancy today .aaj morning m halki se blood drop nikli Hui the. Kya koi tention ki baat to nae h please suggest.
I am 25 years old n I've been recently married about 4 months ago. I've got severe sinus sometimes my nose starts bleeding does it affect me to not to conceive as many of my relatives keep saying me that sinus patients can't conceive n all such. Could you advice me what medication should b taken to reduce that or is it possible that sinus people can't conceive? TIA.
I've a big swelling in vaginal area probably at clitoris part. Its itching and also I've pain and unable to walk, sit or sleep even. Im 28f and would need some advice badly. I can't go to a Dr. as it being a private area I'm shy and scared to go and meet directly. Hope this q is kept private. Waiting for a reply. Thanks.
On 24th June 2017, My dad advised my mom that he felt some swelling under lower abdominal and upper right thigh. Mom did some ideas massage (pain relief gel) but it was not worthful. On 1st July 2017, we went to our local hospital (Pahwa Hospital, Ludhiana, India), we met with a Doctor (MBBS, MD), he checked and advised to do Ultra sound test, CT Scan and Needle test. On 5th of July 2017, the local doctor advised me after seeing the reports, he has cancer and he recommended to go to the renowned oncologist in Ludhiana (forte hospital). On 11th of July 2017, dad was so weak that he could not stand, could not walk and he could not speak properly. So, we went to a known hospital where they gave antibiotics, paracetamol, glucose drips. In the CBC blood report, blood infection came out. After the antibiotics treatment, the fever is under control now. From yesterday, dad right leg is swelled from lower abdomen to the knee. All the things happened after needle test NFCA (fever, and more hard swelling). He can not move his right leg properly, he feels weak and sometimes pain in right leg. I read online that it is superficial Thrombophlebitis, anti-inflammatory tablets, cream, and gels can be applied or taken to reduce any pain Hope, my written details will give you enough idea regarding the problem. I am attaching all the reports with x-rays phone clicks and patient swelling leg photos. Please advise, to reduce the pain and swelling. Thanks.
Symptoms of Zika virus:
About 1 in 5 people infected with Zika virus become ill (i.e., develop Zika).
The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or conjunctivitis (red eyes). Other common symptoms include muscle pain and headache. The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) for Zika virus disease is not known, but is likely to be a few days to a week.
The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting for several days to a week.
Zika virus usually remains in the blood of an infected person for a few days but it can be found longer in some people.
Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon.
Deaths are rare.
See your healthcare provider if you develop the symptoms described above and have visited an area where Zika is found.
If you have recently traveled, tell your healthcare provider when and where you traveled.
Your healthcare provider may order blood tests to look for Zika or other similar viruses like dengue or chikungunya.
No vaccine or medications are available to prevent or treat Zika infections.
Treat the symptoms:
Get plenty of rest.
Drink fluids to prevent dehydration.
Take medicine such as acetaminophen to relieve fever and pain.
Do not take aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen and naproxen. Aspirin and NSAIDs should be avoided until dengue can be ruled out to reduce the risk of hemorrhage (bleeding). If you are taking medicine for another medical condition, talk to your healthcare provider before taking additional medication.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!