Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi M. KhilnaniYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, My frd is in her first trimester (3 mnth). Can you please guide which all exercises can she do from now onwards for her future point of view and to have safe and normal delivery? Can any food minimize her nausea feeling instead of taking medicines?
Can my wife take my penis in her mouth for FELLATIO. Amd also I do DEEP oral sex with her vagina. WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION TAKING. Can any harm to our body.
I am 27 old lady and pregnant. Its my 8 month pregnancy and I m detected with hbsag positive now I m worried that is it complicated or what the consequence of this. Please help me.
- Vata diseases.
- Dryness of the body.
- Neuro muscular & skeletal diseases.
- Preparation for detoxification therapy (Vaman and virechana). Oleation (snehana) – Internal is carried out as singular therapeutic measure for many diseases but in majority of the cases it is done as preparatory treatment for shodhana therapy (Vaman and virechana)
Oleation (Snehana) – Internal is carried out mainly with the help of medicated ghee selected accordingly to the disease & dosha condition in gradually increasing doses after assessing the agni. At times combination of various other material like oil, ghee, vasa, majja or their combinations are used. There are two methods for internal oleation:
- Acchha sneha. Where a sneha drug (Ghee or other) is directly ingested without any addition except a pinch of saindhava.
- Vicharana sneha. In this case the sneha is mixed with some or other food & eaten or it is taken by some other route than oral route
Before The oleation (snehana) – internal has to be taken on empty stomach if it is to be used for shodhana therapy. The patient should have taken his last food atleast 10 hrs prior to snehapan. After Patient is advised to have only warm water after snehapan (normaly ghee). If other material is used for snehana then accordingly various soups are to be used. Patient is not supposed to have anything except hot water until he still has the smell of the ghee in his eructation. Food should be consumed only when patients feel hungry. Heavy, very spicy & junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- Oleates the body.
- Moisturizes the entire body from within outside.
- Improves the elasticity of the body.
- Increases the mobility of the all the systems.
- Alleviates the vata.
- Reduces the pains, aches from the muscle & adjoining skeletal system.
- Dislodges the toxins of the body & helps in bringing to the GI tract.
The oleation (snehana) – Internal should not be carried out without consultation. Should not be used in the patient with intolerance without testing. The doses has to be increased gradually.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses. These infections often do not cause any symptoms, and can still be passed unknowingly from the infected partner to the other. However, some common symptoms include genital itching, lesions, flu / fever like symptoms and feeling pain / pressure in the lower part of the stomach.
There are many kinds of STDs including Chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis and HIV.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
1. Precautions before having sex
There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before having sex. This include:
- Limiting the number of sexual partners
- Talking honestly with partners about your sexual history
- Getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex
- Getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV
If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner if they have had an STD.
2. Practice safe sex
Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
3. Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex
It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectivenes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed.
When we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy with women. How many after periods we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
I am 42 years old woman and had been operated for ovarian cyst and my left ovary was removed during this operation 5 years ago.My monthly periods have now stopped,I get palpitations after doing some physical activity and lack of sleep sometimes.Can you let me know what the problem is and whether anything can be done about it.
Thanks for all doctors who suggest or answer me .i am pregnant now. Please help me what I will do or not do in pregnancy?
Every woman has a unique system, especially when it comes to matters like menstrual cycles and pregnancy. There are some women who go through normal bleeding while for others, it may be less than ideal. Also, there are women who may experience a condition known as Menorrhagia which is characterised by excessively heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. Cramping and bleeding for longer than a week are the most common symptoms of this condition. Here are ways to treat this condition.
- Basis of Treatment: The main cause will dictate the basis of treatment for this condition. Your overall medical history and state of health will be taken into account along with the future of your childbearing plans. The gynaecologist will also study the effect of this condition on your lifestyle and examine your tolerance towards certain supplements and medicines.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe iron supplements in case of anaemia due to the condition. Further, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be prescribed too. Oral contraceptives and progesterone are also helpful in such cases while Tranexamic acid can reduce the excessive blood loss. The doctor may also insert an intrauterine device to release levonorgestrel to make the uterine lining thin.
- Dilation and Curettage: The doctor will dilate or open up your cervix in this procedure to suction away tissue from the uterine lining. One may need additional sessions if the condition recurs.
- Focused Ultrasound Ablation: This procedure aims at treating the excessive bleeding by shrinking the fibroids that may be causing the same. This is also similar to a procedure known as uterine artery embolisation which blocks the uterine arteries in order to shrink these fibroids.
- Myomectomy: In this procedure, the doctor will surgically extract those fibroids which are causing the excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure is conducted either through laparoscopy or incisions in the vagina and cervix, depending on the size, location and number of fibroids.
- Endometrial Ablation: Using this procedure, the doctor will permanently do away with the lining of the uterus, which is also known as the endometrium. This will be done by inserting an electrosurgical wire loop to remove the lining. Pregnancy is usually not recommended after this surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that is recommended for very severe cases. In this procedure, the doctor will surgically remove the uterus as well as the cervix. This is a permanent procedure that will put an end to the menstrual periods altogether. The procedure will be conducted by administering anaesthesia first, and will require hospitalisation as well. The doctor may also remove the ovaries of the patient with this procedure for premature menopause. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello doctor want birth control implants, what is the cost of it. And for how many years it's works ?Is it removable at any time?
I am pregnant with 11 weeks, in 8th week I started little spotting, I went to the doctors chamber, he did an usg and there everything was fine, heart beat was 168/m, doctor told usg report is good, he prescribed duphaston 10, and asked me to take rest, but I am still having little brown spotting when I am urinating, what should I do?
Hello dos, 1nd half years se mere baby girl ko feed kr re hun, lekin ab m uska dudh chudva re hun, to m kya medicines lu because my chest is paining now.
Hi I am married. shadi ko 1 n 1/2 year ho gye. I want a baby but my husband never discharge inside he always discharge outside what to do.
Hello doctor Wt is the treatment of Vaginal lose. If we had multiple time sexually active? For women vaginal lose possible? For example: if monthly twice or 2,3 month if we get into sex means it may leads to Vaginal loosening? Or only after gave Birth only ths vaginal loose wil occur? please clear my doubt.
I have doing sex with my fiance before 2 days but after 2 days she vomiting and not good health she is pregnant or not? I also used condom and my sperm is in condom I see this.
It's about my cousin. She said her husband wants to have sex during her pregnancy and found anal sex as an alternative. They both are mentally agreed but are confused. Need all sorts of advice, medicine, or accessories required to use during this type of sex. How come they should proceed for doing this.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.