Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RashmiYour feedback matters!
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Last month I took unwanted 72 pill after 10-20 mins of unprotected sex, he didn't ejaculate. But I wanted to be sure, the next two days, I took ipill again I was stressed out. Then my period was 5 days early. On 15th November, usually I get at 21st every month. Now it's 17th December, I still don't get my period. I'm scared. Is my period gonna go back to date 21th again? And my belly fats is increasing a bit, sometimes hard sometimes soft. Is this because of lack of sleep and inactivity and eating too much junks? Because I heard it's possible to gain belly weight if we are doing those. Anyway, my belly button area is sometimes hard after meal. I can't be pregnant in this situation. Please give me answer I think I'm going crazy. Im so scared. Please help me.
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B- blood group her child is normal but child is covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
My friend didn't get her periods from 2 months she checked pregnancy test with the help of prega news then we got to know that she is not pregnant she has problem of irregular periods please help please we are very tensioned about that she has this problem from many years.
I am having infection in groin area from last 6 months. It spread wide fastly. Can you help me about this?
Married since 1.5 years having baby boy of nine months, I would like to know about taking daily tablets for avoiding pregnancy for at least next two years and have heard its not good to take tablets as it's harmful to the body. Please suggest and share any harmless tablets.
Hello I am 1 20 years I missed my periods fr 2 months now I consumed about 2-3 delay tablets after I got my chumps and it got stopped after that I got intercourse with my partner n consumed an ipill with 72 hrs BT after that its been 2 months I did not get my chumps I took a pregnancy test thrice BT it all shows negative n my gums gave me regestrone the same pill I took to delay please help!
Hi, my last month date is 21-7-15. But next period was on 5-9-15. From 5th to 10th light period only. But from 11th to till date I have full flow with blood clots. 4 pads per day. Please tell me what is the problem in my body. I am 43 years old.
Hi doctor I was married 2 months ago. My wife has menstrual date on15-11-2016. But she didn't got period. She is saying some symptoms. Vomit feeling. Headache. Bodypains. Digestion problems since 4 days. Paining in breast. Feeling uneasy. Can't able to do any work. Mild fever. No hunger. Feeling like falling down. What is the reason? Can she take any tablets for fever and bodypains? Is there is any problem in taking tablets if she is pregnant? If she doesn't get period can I think she is pregnant? Please help to reply me.
Hi im 27 weeks pregnant my pus cells 4-5/HPF epithelial cells 6-8/HPF And ALKALINE PHOSPHATES finding is 133unit/L (method- kinetic) And TSH is normal is 1.17 But T3 is 216.30 T4 is 15.45 please Dr. im so worried about my baby This is my first pregnancy My all reports is normal or not please give me rply as soon as possible Thanks.
I am feeling some hardness in my breasts Upon consultation with doctor she said after marriage it vanishes Is it ok.
My wife periods started yesterday 31 may and it's paining in her stomach and legs too much so what to do? Pain is in unbearable condition.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have been constantly worried about STD. But this type of discharge has never happened before and this is giving me very uncomfortable feeling. This never happened in the last 20 years. I am 35, unmarried and I masturbate regularly. Also I have some shrinkage when this discharge happens. Some say this is harmful effects of masturbation. Another homeopath said it's Prostatitis and this is prostatic fluid. Please advise. Regards Amit.
Hello Dr. I am having g creams discharge from vagina. It's curdy like discharge. Whts the cause of it. And whts the cure. Cz when it comes it cause itching too. Nd I feel wet all the time. please advise.
There are a number of digestive problems that can affect a patient, depending on one's diet and daily routine. Indigestion, acidity, loose motions and even constipation are some of the common ailments and conditions that many of us experience. Obstruction in defecation is also one such condition that may be caused by consuming certain kinds of food or due to the digestive health in general. Obstructive defecation syndrome (ODS) is a wide term used to depict the state of patients with defecatory blockage or constipation. These frequently encountered disorders affect 18% of the population .
The condition can be diagnosed by a general physical or a gastroenterologist by using the following parameters:
- Excessive straining
- Incomplete rectal clearing
- Use of laxatives
- Observing symptoms like stomach pain and anxiety, as well as other aches and pains in the abdomen
Besides aches and pains, the other symptoms include the following:
- Fragmented or unsuccessful attempts to release
- Drawn-out episodes in the toilet
- Rectal agony
- Posture problems
Here are 10 tips to treat the problem of obstructed defecation:
- High-fibre diet, and a lot of water and fruits are the most effective and natural treatments of ODS.
- Chocolates and other food items which build stool thickness should be avoided since they make defecation difficult.
- Increase liquid admission and other products like natural products, vegetables, whole wheat and grain.
- In the morning, take one tablespoon of olive oil. It works best on an empty stomach, so have it before anything else.
- Consume one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Begin with moderate doses in case you don't like the taste of it. Eventually, you can add some warm water or tea to it to weaken the taste.
- Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed oil with one glass of squeezed orange. You may consume it as and when required to avoid dehydration and subsequent obstruction.However,one needs to give it at least five hours to begin working. It will begin to show results only after a few hours of regular consumption.
- Aloe is not only good for minor cuts but also in reducing stomach aches. It's best to utilise aloe vera gel that has been directly extracted from the plant.
- Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It's staggeringly flexible, and does its work 95% of the time. It works extremely well for blockages.
- Drink one glass of prune juice in the morning and one during the evening to diminish obstruction.
- Dandelions may merely look like weeds, yet you may see them differently after they relieve your clogging.
We r trying for a baby since 6 month. But not successful. After semen analysis test I found that my sperm count is 20millions/ml. Quantity-1.5 ml.Reaction _alkaline, liquefaction time_30 min, Motility: Actively motile-50℅ Sluggishly motile-20℅ Non motility-40% Morphology: Normal forms-60% Abnormal form-40℅ Pus cells-04 -06/jpg Epithelial cells-nil Rbc-nil Doctor suggest me to take coq-forte capsule for 2 month. Is disabled capsule increase the sperm count and please tell me how much time it will take.
In light of the several recent cases of men battering their wives and maltreating women, it’s about time we talked about certain unhealthy character traits
The statistics of people, especially women in Nigeria, who are abused daily or sustain permanent life-altering physical and psychological injuries is startling.
In trying to attain a more healthy and peaceful society, here are 6 characteristics every man should get rid of:
A few of the initial behaviors you may want to check are intense jealousy, fixation and history of abuse. If you have relatives that have been known to be violent in the past in any way, then you may want to address that.
Here are the six other behaviors to look out for:
Threats: If you tell a lady to do something and she doesn’t oblige you request, you shouldn’t then resolve to threats and violent promises. Being calm and reasoning things out is the way forward.
Commanding behavior: No one likes to be ordered around. A woman is not a piece of furniture that can be pushed around. Respect everyone around you and treat them the way you would like to be treated.
Irrational mood swings: If you notice that you go from 0-100 in a second, then you have an issue on your hands. Get the help of a therapist or prayers, whatever helps.
Destructive behavior: There are so many ways you can have an argument without throwing something against the wall or putting your fist through a wall.
Harmful insults: Watch the words that come out of your mouth. There are certain things we say in the heat of the moment that we can’t take back. However, if they occur often, then you should check it.
Violent outbursts during arguments: Lastly, if your voice keeps rising during arguments to a point where the people in the next compound feel like they are in the same room as you or the person you’re arguing with is flinching, then there’s an issue.
Finally, in regard to this issue, if you know anyone in an abusive relationship or you may be in one yourself and you are the abuser, use these signs as a check and get some help.