Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit SharmaYour feedback matters!
I, am 63 years old, my right eye become infected with herpes symplex virus in march 2014. It was treated with antiviral pills, gel and drops. I, still suffer with tearing, pain and sometimes slight redness in the eye. I use f. M. L. Eye drop for 1-2 days. I get relief for some days only. Please advice me what to do. Thanks
Hy, I'm Rahul and I worried about my eyes, my eyes is so weak, right - 0.25 and left - 0.75. And I wanna join in Delhi police. I don't have much more time, I think Delhi police physical test held in 3 month. So may you give me a advice. What should I do. What a home treatment and something else.
I'm suffering from eyesight problem. It often pains and swells. I'm also suffering from depression and mental stress. What should I do?
I do night shift. Which medicine or supplements I should take so that there is no deficiency in my body due to night shift. Any also suggest me eye drop as I wake whole night.
I have problems in sunlight and strong lights. It stress my eyes and I feel I am in very bright condition even there is not much light. What should I do?
Protecting your eyes starts with the food on your plate. Nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help ward off age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts, studies show. Regularly eating these foods can help lead to good eye health:
Green, leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, and collards
Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
I'm 17years old. I can't sleep at nights properly and I'll get some visions sometimes I don't know what to do and when I wake up in the morning my teeth will be chewing. Can you help me?
After few days I did not see the things clearly. How I can improve my eyesight. please give me any home suggestion or any exercise.
I have the problem of masturbating for more than 2 years and I am not able to control it and my joints are started to pain ahe dark circles around my eyes I want to quit it because I have to start my married life soon I don't want to ruined my sex life as my ejaculation period is very less what to do to come over this problem?
I would like to know about the best/reasonable place in Delhi for Eye care. My mother in law is going through some eye related nerve issue and needs to go through laser operation. I have all her related checkup documents and can share if needed. Please help and confirm with immediate effect.
I have a problem in watching objects which are moving faster. What would be problem please help. #eyes #sight?
Weak eye sight .how can I improve my eye sight .supplements for this which type of food I hav htotake n what to do.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.