Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana TyagiYour feedback matters!
Hello, I'm 7 Months pregnant women and want to know more about 3D/4D/5D scanning also planning to get a CD of my kid.
I am a woman. Age 22. Pl suggest some medicine or injection so dat I will not get any pain during my first intercourse. Am going to be married.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Here are health-related tips of Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Hello everybody! I am Dr. Kaushik Reddy, arthroscopic and sports medicine specialist, working at the Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad.
Today will be talking about anterior cruciate Ligament injuries of the knee joint. Anterior cruciate ligament is one of the Major ligaments of the knee joint that provides rotational stability mechanical stability and proprioception and it is one of the most common ligament injuries which is affected in sports persons especially in people playing football, basketball, tennis, badminton it can also occur in people who have been Injured in road traffic accidents or recreational activities like dancing. So any patient while playing sports or during dancing if he experiences sharp Pain in the knee joint and pain while movement of the knee joint and if he hears a Popping sound from the knee joint if he feels any instability in the knee joint that is any giving way of the joint then you have to suspect that it would be an ACL injury of the knee joint. ACL injuries generally occur during sports whenever playing sports if there is any sudden stoppage from running or any direct blow to the knee joint during tackles or if there is any unsteady landing from a jump or any sudden shifts in the Direction can cause an ACL injury.
Whenever any ACL injury occurs during field or anywhere first medical attention needs to be given this is followed by rest and ice pack compression bandage and elevation of the leg needs to be done and once this first aid is given patient needs to be given Some analgesics and anti-inflammatory medication painkillers to reduce the pain and swelling and later after few days then he needs to visit an orthopedic surgeon where an orthopedic surgeon does a few clinical examination or test to diagnose whether it is an ACL injury then few investigations needs to be done to confirm an ACL injury like an x-ray to see if the injury of the ligament has occurred along with a bone fragment or an MRI to confirm the diagnosis of ACL injury whether it is a sprain or a partial ACL injury or a complete ACL injury.
The treatment for an ACL injury of where there is only a sprain of the ACL is usually conservative management where the doctor gives the patient a brace and he needs to be on Good physiotherapy and rehabilitation program in cases of complete ACL tear or injury conservative treatment doesn’t all good in that cases surgery needs to be done where an arthroscopic is ACL reconstruction needs to be done for these patients in which it is a small Dk surgery keyhole surgeries where the patient’s own hamstring tendons are taken and these are kept in the place of the ligament by making tunnels and fixed by various methods following an ACL reconstructive surgery the patient needs to be on good rehabilitation program and he can return back to sports within four to six months.
If you have any queries related to anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee joint you can contact me through lybrate or visit me at my clinic at Apollo hospital, Jubilee Hill, Hyderabad or at Bone and Joint Clinic, Swapna Hosptial Chaitanyapuri. Thank you.
Me and my gf were making out yesterday. We completed the act once using a condom. Now the second time she gave me oral and with flow she rubbed the saliva on her vagina. I started fingering it and realised will it be safe to do so. I am quite sure I did not ejaculate till then (second time) but is it possible that some of the sperms from previous act may have stayed there and may have gone in her mouth with pre cum (i do not remember urinating in between). Her periods are due this thursday. We were thinking of taking an Unwanted 72 to avoid any doubts. But that may have side effects and its difficult for me to see her going through that. Please help me out here I am freaking out over this issue. We do not want to get pregnant at this point of time since we r just 20. Please help me out here.
On 25th day of her period she have unprotected sex and used pulled out method. Now it is 40th day of her period and she feel abdominal pain as like as she is about to getting start bleeding but she did not get start yet. Pain is accruing for last 2-3 days. Is she pregnant or it may be for other causes. Her period cycle is about 30 to 36 days long mostly.
Can we have sex during pregnancy? My wife got conceived & now she is carrying 50 days old baby. Please advise!
By which day, the pregnancy will get confirm (urine test) after having intercourse in fertilization window?
My vagina has been itching for the past one month and I have used garlic and coconut oil but it still itches a little Pls What do I use.
Meri syster ko left overy cyst hai age 21 years unmarried hai Keya surgery karana zaruri hai? Surgery me ovrary safe rahega? Plse reply.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!
My daughter is 15 years old she is having irregular periods,i.E monthly it is not coming two months once but it takes about 15 days to clear. Kindly help me what kind of healthy food i can provide for my child.
On 12 Dec my D&C have done. Pregnancy time was 2.5 month. Baby's heart beat was not and growth problem also. My and husband's all reports are normal. I have one 7 years old baby boy with normal pregnancy. What should I do for normal and healthy pregnancy. After how much time we should try.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)