Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RanjanYour feedback matters!
1) my baby sleeps fast while drinking milk, she is one month old, m not sure if I have enough milk or if she is tried sucking and than sleeps. I am giving her lactogen as top up 2) also I wanted to know if lactogen is good as top up or mum mum.
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always when awake and want to be held by anyone hate to lay flat even for nappy change doctor says stop bottle and feed with spoon done that from last 4 days but still the same behaviour don't understand why please help he is exclusively on top feed dexolac1as recommended by my Dr. can't see my baby like this it hurts when he is unhappy please help.
My baby is 2 and half year old and she is just 11 kg. she is very fussy eater and doesn't like to have anything at all. What can I do to improve her apetite and increase her weight? Please suggest!
My daughter is 40 days old. She is not sleeping properly. She sleeps for hardly half n hr n then wakes up crying. She keeps on putting pressure downwards even while sleeping. She's passing urine n stools properly. She's also throwing milk our of her mouth even after burping. Kindly suggest what to do?
My son (2.9 years) suffers from stool problem. He doesn't empty his stomach unless the syrup Laxobix is given. This has been going on since 7-8 months. I don't know how to bring him back to natural way.
My new born baby born on 29/3/17 at 6: 38 pm. He is crying a lot lot. Infact did cried from 1 am to 7 am today itself. Got slept by then. Just now waken up and started crying again. Please let Me know how to proceed ahead. Additionally he has gone for vaccination yesterday as well. BCG OPV, HEPATITIS B (1) and Haemo Infuenzae Type B.Can this be a cause of behind his crying or something else? Please help out and also gave tips as how to proceed ahead for feeding by Mother in proper manner.
Hi My boy kid age of 4 years got badly decayed molar tooth. Please suggest me its must to go for pulp therapy or any other alternate is there and pulp therapy is safe for kids as well will it affect permanent tooth growth? Thanks.
Dear doctors, I have three year old kid. He is having weight of 11kg. One major concern we have is he doesnt like milk, despite we have tried pediasure, compan and other mixables with milk but he dont drink. Please suggest what we should do or any alternate to milk.
Hi my son is 13 month old. Bt he did not like to eat anything. Even nt liquid food. please suggest something to rove his appetite.
My baby is two year old and she is suffering from eye discharge. Whitish yellow in color. It causes her eyelids to stick in the morning. I applied breast milk to clean it n during the day it looked clear. At night however it was not enough. Kindly suggest pediatric eye drops that can be used.
I am 19 years old. I gave a birth to a girl baby 3 months ago. I feed breast milk for sometimes. After sometime I feed powder milk. What kind of food that increase the lactation. And what are the other steps for it?
My baby is one month old and is spitting milk after almost every breastfeed. It is watery milk. Kindly suggest me is it safe or not? Thanks.
My son have 1 and Half yrs. I still feeding breast milk. He is eager to drink only breast milk. Don't like to eat foods and all. How to solve this problem.
My baby girl is 4 months old and on breastfeed. A while back I had some gastric issues which is better now but baby is g it now and doing potty 3-4 times a day. Please help. Does applying heeng to baby's naval help? Is it safe to give it baby regularly?
Hello mam. My baby has completed her two months but she is breastfeeding I want to know my proper diet what to eat or what to not for her better development please help me as me and her stomach not well we both passes gas so much.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.