Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rampal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RampalYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old my family has history of BP, Heart diseases ,i am regular in gym I just want to ask that is there any general medicines which we can use in order to prevent from BP heart disease ,control cholesterol.
Sir/mam actually there is some leakage of sperm in my penis whenever I'm forcing for urinal and pot so I don't know why it make me weak still I leave everything all bad activities but there is not control. On that please give some Ayurvedic treatment of that it's really urgent.
I am taking Zolfresh_5 daily for sleep. Is it safe can I continue or any other tablet you will suggest.
I have detected diabetic 6 days ago and hba1c count is 6.5. Then I consult doctor and he prescribed me medicine. I continues that medicine. But since 8 days I have itching in my body which continue till now. I also quit smoking 8 days ago. Is it normal in diabetic patient.
Substance use among adolescents is on the rise and is happening at a very young age. A study conducted by NIDA and SAMHSA portrays some alarming statistics. The percentage of substance use among school kids has gone up by 11.33 percent. This is close to a 60 percent rise compared to the previous decade. Around 9 percent of girls and 20 percent of boys meet the adult diagnostic criteria for alcohol use. Furthermore, 20 percent of high school students were found to be daily smokers. Studies also found that while the percentage of overall abuse of the drug is steadily decreasing over the years, the availability of drug has increased to a considerable extent.
- Mortality: Motor vehicle accidents caused by drunk people have increased in the past couple of decades. Road accidents under an increased influence of alcohol have risen by a staggering 16 percent as per a CDC report. Annually, the country witnesses close to one million road accidents by adolescents and young people in the age group of 20. This is by far the biggest economic loss – a loss of productivity to the society.
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) - The sexual health hazards of adolescents remain high due to the possibility of acquiring STDs. Substance use by adolescents and young adults often leads to unprotected sex with the partner, choosing multiple sex partners and choosing partners who have a high potential of STDs. Studies have shown that young females in the age group of 15-19 suffer from gonorrhea and those in the age group of 20-24 suffer from syphilis due to high usage of substance.
- Crime and juvenile delinquency: There is a strong co-relation between substance use and conduct disorder among young people. Many young individuals entering the juvenile justice suffers from an array of problem ranging from substance use disorder, impaired emotion, sexual victimization, physical abuse etc. There is a growing trend of criminal activities among young people who are involved with substance use.
- Developmental problems: Multiple studies conducted by the Newcomb and Bentler (1989), Havighurst (1972) and Baumrind and Moselle (1985) have proved that substance use is a major barrier to the development for young people. Activities such as establishing a career, dating, raising and bearing a child, building a relationship etc. are affected because of the way people experience feelings.
Treatments: Administering treatment to a young guy suffering from substance use is of paramount importance. It helps to ensure the possible future abuse of drugs. While there are many treatment options, the one that is applicable to a drug addict depends largely on the present condition and the advancement of the effect of the drug on the body. Most doctors start the treatment with medication and lifestyle changes and suggest community service. Self-help groups also help a great deal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!