Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Raman Preet GroverYour feedback matters!
I am25 year old male and iam having eye site problem is ther any remedy to regain perfect eye site in ayurvedic?
I have recently started my work as a designer. I need to do more work in computer. My eyes are paining and becoming reddish. How much sleep I have to take? can you please tell me the remedy for eye pain and precautions to take care of my eye?
Hello I am a 18 year old boy n I wear glasses due to myopia . My eyes are becoming shorter Plzz tell me the reason and a solution. Left eye is becoming more short than right.
I am 72 years old male. Few days ago I felt pain in my left eye after reading newspaper and feel pain while viewing tv programmer. I don't have any problem vision wise. Is this a possible symptom of cataract needing operation? I have been taking" ALBALON" drops, this has given me relief.
I have yellow eye's from 10 day, nd my face going to white and dry skin please so me this reason, and what I should do?
I am basically a Web/App developer and a student too. I spend about 3-5 hours daily for my part time job but recently I have been sticked with some problem in my eyes. I start having tears in my eye while working on laptop, smartphone or during studies. I recently approached an ophthalmologist and he offered me a Anti-Reflective coating lens with -0.25 D and told me that the problem will be solved. He gave me advice that wear these glasses while working on devices and during studies. But still I am encountering the same problem. Please tell me what could I do as irritation, tears start pouring from my eyes. While writing this issue also I get the same problem. Please tell me the solution to the problem. Any medicine or a home treatment or any precaution or any advice. Please suggest as quickly as possible.
I am 23 years old, getting trouble in eyes in the sun light, staying there for a few minutes headache start, from the last 3-4 weeks. What should I do?
My mom can't sleep at night since many years. She usually passes the entire night playing games or watching videos on her phone. Because of this she now has a habit of waking up late every day and feels tired and frustrated. How can I make her sleep early at night?
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.