Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ram Nivas Mudgil
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Nivas MudgilYour feedback matters!
Plz provide some resolution of my issue that is "Whenever my dick got erected, I found rashes on my dick which pains while having sex. Also my balls are small. Could it be a reason of less sperm count? If yes then what can I do to make ball big to increase sperm count.
Im getting frequent ache in my upper stomach. I heard that it is due to acidity. What is acidity? Is that occurs due to skip of my meals?
I am 40 yr old and since nearly 7 yrs, I was using" Manforce-50" to get additional sexual benifit. But afterwards, I found that it has gradually reduced my natural power to keep a control on discharge alongwith decrease in potency strength and loss of sexual apetite. So I was situationally bound to use it for some days a month, when required to maintain a normal married life. Now, I feel acute problem of impotency, loss of sexual spirit / desire / apetite alongwith uncontrolled quick discharge. What is its solution?
I am 67. Type II diabetic, sugar under good control, Angioplasty done 4 years back. Problem: in a day some times I feel pain at bottom soft parts of the feet when I walk. My diabetic doctor consultant did not explain to me the cause and effect of this problem. I like to know what it indicates.
I'm suffering with PCOD and fatty liver. Can you suggest me a good diet and exercise routine. Now a days I'm not able to eat rice and feeling nauseous if the rice is from my college.
My age is 27, I got married and I have a kid now. My penis is very small so I would like to know is there is any treatment for the growth? Docs pls guide me.
Penis Problems Due to Antidepressants
Advances in the mental health field have benefited countless people in recent years. The rise of antidepressants in particular has enabled many whose quality of life would otherwise have been severely impaired to experience happier, less anxious lives. Of course, as with all mediations, antidepressants do come with potential side effects which may bother some people - and surprisingly, sometimes these side effects can potentially have an impact on penis health. So for men taking antidepressants, it's valuable to know about penis problems that could possibly result.
How antidepressants work
People often say that antidepressants "cure" depression, but that's not exactly true. What they do is work on certain brain circuits and neurotransmitters in such a way that chemicals are released that seem to ease depression.There are a variety of antidepressants, but the ones that this article is concerned with belong to a class called reuptake inhibitors, and specifically to a subclass of these known as SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). The way SSRIs work is by keeping neurotransmitters "active" for a longer period of time, thus improving communication between the nerve cells. This helps the brain regulate a person's mood (including feelings of depression).
Potential penis problems of SSRIs
There are potential penis problems associated with the use of some antidepressants, especially SSRIs. Exactly how prevalent are these problems? That's hard to determine, although one study estimates that 60% of people (men and women) who take SSRIs experience sexual side effects. However, which of these side effects they experience, how often, and to what degree are harder to determine. It's also difficult to know whether the sexual issues may have been in existence before the subjects began taking the medication. (Depression itself is often a factor in the development of sexual issues.) However, it is safe to say that some men who take SSRIs will develop some form of penis problems at some time.
For men, there are three potential penis problems to know about:
- Decreased libido;
- Erectile impairment;
- Delayed or blocked ejaculation.
Why might SSRIs contribute to potential penis problems? The way they work is by raising the levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the body. But serotonin tends to decrease the amount of two other neurotransmitters, dopamine and norepinephrine, which are important contributors to feelings of desire and arousal. In addition, serotonin tends to dampen the physical sensitivity of the penis and the production of nitric oxide, which is crucial to keeping penile blood vessels open to receive the increased amounts of blood that create a firm erection.
Fortunately, penis problems from antidepressants are not permanent. If a physician believes an SSRI is causing issues, he can see if changing the dose can help. Alternatively, he may try a different antidepressant that may not have the same side effects. (Changing medication or dosage should only be done under the care of a physician.) If the problems seem to be related to something other than medication, the physician can recommend further treatments to address the root causes.
Balancing the need for antidepressants with any penis problems that may result can be a matter of trial and error. It can be made easier if the penis is already in its best health state, so it behooves a man to apply a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). For best results,, check the ingredients list for both L-arginine and L-carnitine, two important amino acids. L-arginine helps the body boost production of nitric oxide, which helps the penis accept more blood when an erection is desired. L-carnitine, meantime, helps protect against loss of sensation and allows better retention of appropriate penile sensitivity.
I am suffering from fever and cold cough for last 6 days please suggest me what precaution I should take ?
Erectile Dysfunction is a disorder in males that refers the incapability to ‘get’ or ‘maintain’ an erection for intercourse. Many people refer to this condition as impotence. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Difficulty in achieving an erection.
2. Inability to perform in bed as the person ejaculates way before orgasm and is not able to maintain an erection.
Causes of erectile dysfunction usually include:
2. Relationship Issues
5. Performance anxiety
6. Excessive consumption of alcohol
8. Enlarged prostate gland
Homeopathy offers a number of treatments for the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It is a popular system of medicine that follows a holistic approach without any side effect. Homeopathy targets the underlying causes that lead to sexual incapacities in men and addresses the problem from its root.
- Nux Vomica: Prescription of Nux Vomica is done by homeopathic specialists for treating mild cases of erectile dysfunction. Nux Vomica can help in providing a boost to your sex life by addressing sexual dysfunctions that are caused due to work pressure and lack of rest.
- Caladium: Addiction can play a major role in hampering your sex life. In most cases, bad habits often cause sexual weakness in men. Consumption of tobacco should be counteracted with the intake of Caladium so the issue of erectile dysfunction is addressed. This medication is helpful for people who are easily aroused, even after oral sex or foreplay. Caladium is also known for treating apparent impotency caused due to acute psychological stress.
- Selenium: Patients who need Selenium are usually unable to fulfil their sexual desires due to slow or weak erections. Fatigue is commonly experienced after sex. Some symptoms addressed by Selenium include passage of seminal fluid that is involuntary which occurs during urination and sleep.
- Lycopodium: Being a widely popular homeopathic medication, Lycopodium can be used to address erectile dysfunction in young adults that results from frequent masturbation. Lycopodium can be used to address issues of erectile dysfunction that results from indiscriminate sexual activities.
Addiction is a organic disorder in which neuroreceptor are involved. It has long term treatment. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!