Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. RakeshYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 years old. I am having knocked knees problem only in right leg, left leg is normal. How can I cure it?
I am 28 years old I have delivered a baby on 16 feb. My sole of the foot which does not touch the floor only that part pains a lot. As I touch that than it pains a lot. This has been started since my pregnancy. When I do lots of work my joints of hand and leg pains a lot and even back part.
Goodmorning doctor I have been suffering from knee pain for the past 2- 3 years, visiting specialists has become my routine. Nowa days its swelling alot at the areas near my both the knees its paining alot when I am standing from my sitting posture. I would be grateful if you give me some tips and any suggestions towards any exercise to be done is extremely appreciated. Thank you.
I haven't been able to walk since 2days due to extreme leg pain. I tried many ways but couldn't work. please help me.
I am suffering from back pain from last two weeks. I took medicine but it can't work. Please help me and suggest me proper medicine.
Also known as Median Nerve Compression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is characterized by a sensation of tingling and numbness in the hands or the arm caused due to a strained nerve of the wrist. This condition occurs due to stress which affects the functioning of the part of median nerve, situated along the wrist.
Various Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
Constant movement of the hands in activities such as typing on the computer
Various Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The symptoms of this syndrome start to show up when there is excessive pressure build up in the median nerve of the wrist. You may experience-
- A sensation of numbness
- A sensation akin to the pain experienced when needles are inserted into the skin
- Pain (mostly at night)
The build- up of pressure can occur due to a number of reasons. They are
- Painful injury
- Tenosynovitis (a condition that affects the tendons along the sides of the thumb)
- The compression of the nerve may develop anywhere, and not necessarily the wrist only.
Diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
Doctors base their diagnosis of the condition on the symptoms and certain tests. These include-
- Phalen’s test (a test that is carried out to determine any pain or numbness in the fingers within one minute of this activity)
- Wrist flexion/median nerve compression test
- Tinel’s test (a test that is used to diagnose irritated nerves)
- Few nerve enlargements may be revealed by an ultrasound, X-Ray, MRI scan, CT scans etc. The doctor generally recommends any of the above tests to determine carpal tunnel syndrome.
Important measures that help treat the condition are
- Getting ample rest
- Educating yourself on the various symptoms
- Knowing certain activities or movements that trigger symptoms
- Attending physiotherapy sessions
- Physiotherapy as an important form of treatment for Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Extensibility of muscle as well as soft tissue
- Strengthening the forearms and the ability to grip things and pinch too
- Maintaining posture and performing hand agility exercises can improve the hand movement
- Mobilization of the Carpal bone and stretching of the flexor retinaculum (a fibrous band near one’s wrist) so as to widen the carpal tunnel
- Gliding training for nerves/ tendons for unrestricted motion
- Endurance training for strengthening the upper limb as well as the wrist
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!