Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Kumar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh KumarYour feedback matters!
सर मुझे काफी टाइम से कमर दर्द की शिकायत है । और कुछ टाइम से तो जब भी मै सुबेरे उठता हु । तो मेरे पुरे शरीर में दर्द होने लगता हैं आज कल तो थोडा सा काम करने मे ही थक जाता हू । मुझे कया करना चाहिये ।
I am suffering from knee pain in my left leg. When I sit and get up from chair I get severe pain. I am unable to do exercise because of this. Please Advice me what to do.
I am 63 years old and a diabetic patient. Diabetic is under control. But for the past 6 months I am having some pain on the left shoulders. When I went for diabetic check they have checked my Vitamin D and found its deficiency and has given medicines to mitigate that. But even after 3 after that the pain continues to unabated. Therefore I have consulted a senior ortho who has prescribed some calcium tablet and suggested some exercises which I am following diligently. But still the pain is still not abated. What should I do?
I have done a surgery in my left hip joint bone after an accident. What's the cost for hip joint replacement?
My mom experianced severe nerve pain in right side neck please please please when see is in stress or doing heavy work means she got pain in tat area
I'm experiencing a pain in my lower back from past one week. The pain is excessive when I get up in morning from my bed. What could be the reason?
I join gym so my body improving but no effect on my wrist so I saw on internet. In internet I sew diamond pushup is powerful for wrist. But I can't so please sir tell any solution for wrist I take proper diet and healthy diet. please help.
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!