Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajib Adhar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rajib AdharYour feedback matters!
While coughing an abnormal sound produces from throat. CT scan, x ray, allergy tests, ultrasound etc done. Checked for Pleural effusion, But nothing is seen and not going as well as not worsening. Four years old now. The problem is since his birth. No pain is also there. Swallowing liquids seems to be difficult. This seems barking sound. In CT Scan there is a slight permanent enlargement. Nothing else. Cough is not chronic. What should I do?
Dear Sir I am 34 year old male I have a problem that pus is coming from my left ear when I was four years old since then I was not consulted any Doctors as my parent' s illiterate. I took Orecure ear drops as one of my friend suggested it stops and comes again as regular after 25 days. And I have also hearing broblem in this ear. Please advice me sir.
Hi, Sore inside the mouth burning and normal paining. 6 days from observing replacing white like burning first two days and some what healed again replaced cheeks inside same redness burning and now mouth teeth inside burning getting scared in the night do sent sleeping well because of this .what is solution I already taken tablet oral sore also. Eating to much of chicken for two months that is problem? Getting scared any serious problem sir? One more while sleeping heart beat increasing I do not know what happening can you tel me soon sir.
I am suffering from tinnitus, a continues whistling sound in ears. Is there any cure? I am 76 years of age and has undergone cancer treatment in 2011 and is fine now with no medicine.
My wife have problem of weakness. After eating food she feels that she have not taken food and feel dizziness. But she is taking a healthy food regularly. After that if she works a little bit she gets tired very much. Please do the necessary help for me.
I had a tinnitus for the last four months, happened in the left ear which is coming buzzing sound due to loud sound near the marriage Reception. Kindly tell me what is the remedy and prescription.
I have sinus problem. It pains a lot me during winter seasons. I have took medicine still it didn't satisfied me. What remedies should I take.
I am 41 years old. When I think seriously in office work. Suddenly I feel dizzy for few second. It happens one in a month or 3 month.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.