Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Rodhi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh RodhiYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old male suffering from burning 24 hrs and pain in my feet from so many years, always feel tired, what should I do take care of myself?
Mucus in throat from approx 10 month Submandibular lymph node enlarged non tender 2 month Gas from mouth 6 month face slight dark in colour indigestion problem from 1 month Lower back pain 1 month.
Yesterday night she had sleep on sofa by putting head on sofa pillar suddenly she arise back pain problem what should we do.
I am asking the query of my mother her age is 55 years and she has pain In right hand shoulder from one month nothing injury in or any other in hand when she work she had pain in shoulder please suggest me what should I do for mother.
I have back pain since 2 months on left side of my buttock so I got an mri done. Report says that I have minimal sclerosis along si joint more on the left compared to the right. Please tell me what has happened. What treatment I should take or should I have to do more tests?
My back is paining and I am feel all time so tired and I have few times headache and problem of oxygen.
One month earlier I played volley ball. Next day I feel pain at lower back. Still today I can't move my back down. Please suggest a solution?
A slipped disc is a condition which is characterized by a damaged disc in your spinal cord. The disc is a soft substance present in the spinal cord that cushions the vertebra in the spine. A slipped disc occurs when the soft substance in the disk pops out causing pain in the area.
There are various preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent a slipped disc from occurring; they are
- Keep a check on weight: Being overweight increases the risk of a slipped disc as the pressure on the lower back will be immense. In order to reduce the pressure, maintain optimal levels of bodyweight.
- Exercise regularly: Do strength training exercises such as the plank and squats to strengthen the core muscles. This helps in strengthening your lower back strong and prevents slipped disc from occurring.
- Maintain a good form while exercising or lifting anything heavy: If you are exercising or simply lifting something heavy, make sure to keep your lower back straight. Lifting heavy weights without proper form may lead to slipped disc as the spine may not be able to bear the stress.
- Quit smoking: It is advised to quit smoking as smoking impairs the ability of the disc to absorb nutrients and thus, prevents it from remaining healthy. It may also cause the discs to become brittle and dry.
- Maintain a good posture: Remember to keep an uptight posture while walking; keep the spine straight to prevent slouching. Maintain a proper neutral posture while sitting as well. Hunching over your desk while working with your computer may also cause problems in your spine.
- Do not sit for prolonged periods: Sitting for extended periods of time may cause problems in your lower back and posture. It may weaken the lower back muscles and lead to complications such as a slipped disc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.