Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old, I have disease parkinson I have also undergone by trodat test which is found that dopamine chemical came from head/mind is not properly produced sandoma plus tablet per day 4 8 am, 13 pm, 17 pm, 22pm per day Also using ayurved zandu's zandopa powder On late time by one hour it feel uneasiness medicine sandopa+ is only one medicine Is it painkiller? Please advise for life time recovery I also walking, cycling, seeming and yoga pl also advise for reproduction of dopamine thanks sir
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- Gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from insomnia. It is difficult for me to fall asleep and I wake up tired in the morning.
My brother is addicted to spasm proxyvon and alprax from 7-8 years. and he takes both of dem 7-8 pills of each. Every day. He had seizures attack on 31 july. And now on some medications. But he refuses to. Take the medicine thats why im giving him the medicine in food and fruits. Need to know more ways how I can give him the medicine
Im having two kids. Im obesse. No throid. No sugar. No bp. Im having numnes if i sit for more than 5 mins or work . I can get easilly. How to get out of that numbness and obessesity. Now im before food 98kg. Im 157 cm only. Om worried. I am having gastric ulcer. I wanrt to reduce my weight. Please guide me. Im waiting for r reply sir/mam. Please.
There are many causes of headache, and if correctly diagnosed and treated , you may become ?Headache? free.
Common Causes Of Headaches:
Tension Type Headache
The patient who presents with a new, severe headache have causes that may be different from patient with recurrent headaches over many years.
People frequently ask me to get imaging of brain done to rule out the cause of headache. They have special attraction for MRI and CT Scans. But not every headache requires investigations. But there are headaches which require investigations. Let us understand , when a headache requires immediate attention.
Headache Symptoms that Suggest a Serious Underlying Disorder :
Worst headache ever
First severe headache
Headache worsening over days or weeks
Associated with Neurological Deficit
Fever or unexplained systemic signs
Vomiting preceding headache
Pain induced by bending, lifting, cough
Pain that disturbs sleep or presents immediately upon awakening
Known systemic illness
Onset after age 55
Pain associated with local tenderness, e.G, region of temporal artery
If you have any of these symptoms, you need to have a doctor consultation as soon as possible.
Now, let us read about two most common types of headaches, i.E Migraine and Tension type headache that we see in clinical practice.
Migraine, a very common cause of headache, more commonly affects women than men. It is usually an episodic headache which is usually unilateral (on one side of head) and is associated with certain features like:
Nausea (Feeling of vomiting)
Photophobia (Sensitivity to light)
Phonophobia (Sensitivity to sound)
Vomiting, Nausea (Feeling of vomiting)
Paresthesias (tingling sensations)
Alteration of consciousness
People having migraine, usually during acute attacks, prefer to be alone and don?t want any sound, light, want to sleep in dark room.
Acute attacks are usually triggered by some stimulants called as ?triggers? which are commonly following :
Hormonal fluctuations during menses
Lack of or excess sleep
Alcohol, Wine, Cheese or other chemical stimulation
Patients should try to notice their triggers and should do life-style adjustments to avoid them.
How to Deal with Migraines?
Patients having migraine should seek a medical consultation. There are drugs which are given to terminate acute attacks of migraine, as well as to prevent them.
They should have a fix routine of sleeping like from 10 pm to 6 am. They should not sleep for more than 30 min during daytime, as excessive sleeping during day time would cause problem in falling asleep during nighttime, leading to disturbance of sleep cycle and precipitation of migraine.
They should avoid wine, cheese, lemon.
Tension - Type Headache :
It is a chronic head-pain syndrome characterized by tight, band like discomfort. It is bilateral (means on both sides of head). The pain typically builds slowly, fluctuates in severity and may persist more or less continuously for many days. The headache may be episodic or chronic (present >15 days per month). It may be associated with sleep disturbances.
How to Deal with Tension Type Headache?
The pain can generally be managed with simple analgesics but should be taken under medical supervision as they have a long list of adverse effects. There are other drugs too, but can be given only under medical supervision.
Behavioral therapies including relaxation are also effective.
Patients with this type of headaches are advised to throw away their ?Headaches? to prevent the ?Headache? , means they should try to sort out the tension or problem that is causing the headache.