Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. RajeevYour feedback matters!
I am Suffering from chronic pharyngitis at list 6 th month what should I do. Before 2 month ago I was saw this. A consultant doctor advised me to take antibiotics & gurgling.
I listening beep sound in my ear since 2 years I treated but problems is continuing. please tell me how can I solve.
I am 25 years old, I am suffering from dizziness in mind every time from last 3 months, mostly when I walk on road. What should I do?
I have pain in throat in side and 20 or 30 days before I had throat infection but my personal doctor cure it with medicine Now I have again problem but after 3-4 days it will goes Then again after 10-15 days again same problem I don't know what causes it My doc say drinking bad Water I don't know what I do Please give me advise.
Hi, My throat feels congested all the time. I cough out little white stones very often. Under medication condition improves a bit. Please let me know if a ct scan or any other diagnosis would help identify this recurring issue. Please respond, its urgent. Thanks.
Hello doctors I have problem in my ear due to excess use of headphones now I avoid to listen song in headphones so what can I do to cure soon.
Tonsils are the two oval-shaped tissue pads at the back of your throat, which function as a mechanism to protect you from diseases. Any infection of the tonsils is referred to as ‘tonsillitis’.
You can suffer from tonsillitis at any age, but it is more commonly diagnosed in children. Tonsillitis is highly contagious.
There are two types of tonsillitis:
- Chronic tonsillitis— Longer episodes of acute tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis— Recurrent episodes of tonsillitis in a year
Tonsillitis can cause viral and bacterial infections. The ‘Streptococcus (strep) bacteria’ is a common cause. Some other causes include:
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Parainfluenza virus
- Herpes simplex virus
Since tonsillitis has various causes, symptoms too tend to differ. Some symptoms include:
- An extremely sore throat
- Painful or difficult swallowing
- Scratchy-sounding voice
- Bad breath
- Stomach aches
- Stiff neck
- Neck and jaw tenderness due to inflamed lymph nodes
- Tonsils that become swollen and red in colour
- Yellow or white spots on the tonsils
In children, symptoms such as excessive drooling, increased irritability or poor appetite are usually noticeable.
If the tonsillitis is mild, especially caused by a virus, it usually doesn’t require any treatment. More critical cases of tonsillitis might require treatments such as tonsillectomy (a surgical process used to remove the tonsils) or administration of antibiotics.
Penicillin is the most commonly administered antibiotic. Once commonly performed, tonsillectomy (surgical removal of tonsils) is now reserved for extremely critical cases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.
Me and my brother were fighting and I choked him for 20 seconds then I let him go. After around 6 hours he told me he had a little pain in his throat. There i am no swelling visible. Is he gonna be fine or should he go to doctor?
I am having dizziness when moving sideways and downwards and also walking. I tested vemp hearing test for this. But the result shows normal but Dr. says BPVV ad for which he has prescribed Telma 80 AM for BP and also hid ride prolomate ad Ava's 10 for cholesterol but I have same problem in day today life now I suggested to take vertin 16 mg for giddiness let me know wheather it is curable and how long I will have take medicines, I felt side effect in my stomach please help me I am aged 65 years and weight 113 kg and sugar is 254 after food.
I have dark circles around my eyes also its itching and dry. I Want to get rid of that. Please suggest the Remedy for sinusitis please suggest some solution for ingrowing toe nail.
My head starts paining very bad when I ear songs with my head phone what should I do to prevent this.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.