Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RajeevYour feedback matters!
I have a ear infection some secretion is secreting from my ear every time this is occurring from my childhood what should I do.
I often gets sore throat followed by cough. I take antibiotics. But it takes nearly a month to cure. Thanks.
Dear Doctor, My age is 28. I am having a problem. During sleeping I create a unusual sound. But it's not snoring. Unconsciously I made that sound. While I realize that in sleep I kept quite. I tried to control that and before one year I consult a homeopathy doctor, he said that it is due to tiredness and it will be alright, nothing to worry. But till now that is continuing. The exact thing is while I am sleeping I inhale air through my nose and while releasing I produce sound in my mouth. I did meditation too. But no use. Around 7 years approx I am suffering from this. I was too confused whether this is a type of disease I was affected or common. I am now working in computer field 9 hrs per day sitting job. Going to get marry too. Very shy that if my wife feel bad on me. Kindly help.
Hello I am 24 years and have an eye sight of -4.25 short sight and these days I am getting headache due to sinuses. So please suggests me a solution.
My son who is just 1 and half year old always put something in his ear after seeing wax is there so is it any drop fr cleaning.
Hi doctor, I am suffering sinus problem, so I use to rub my nose continuously with cloth, so my nose it turning into black colour. So please suggest me some creams to reduce blackness in my nose and also suggest me to cure cynus.
I am 20 years old, whenever I am in environment where noise is loud I feel sound like "zzzzz" in my left ear.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery