Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raj Kumar Kapoor
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Raj Kumar KapoorYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from acute pain in the tail bone when she tries to get up after sitting for sometime.What can be the cause and the remedy? She is 61.
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from low back pain from last five months I used lots of medicines but the pain still continues. What shall I do now?
Dr sir, a month ago l lifted a rice pocket bending my body. The pain started at the left side of the lower back. But I used tablets ointment od painkillers for fifteen days. But noresult. When I bend down straitly the lower back pain is very high and when I sit on the chair or scooty the the left leg upper is very painful upto the foot. What is the remedy and whom I consult the main doctor.
Contact of the genital area), your risk of developing cervical cancer is very low. Women who have never been sexually active may therefore decide not to have a cervical screening test when invited. However, you can still have a test if you want one. If you’re not sure, talk to your GP or practice nurse. Find out why cervical screening is offered and when cervical screening is offered, which includes information on why some women may not need a test. Read the answers to more.
My wife legs are swelling and paining, visited doc and did the blood test,doctor advised himiglobin less took iron tablet.Eating iron tab for 3 weeks no chages please advise.
I am 17 years old. My problem is that when ever I do or pick heavyweight my lower back pains. If I lay down It hurts more quickly. Please help me.
What is the best way to keep away my back pain and fungus in my nails please tell me the best prescription. I am very thankful to you if you help me.
I am always having pain in both leg. I am also had hypothyroidism. Pain radiate from back. What is the cause and treatment. Please help.
I have a ankle pain since yesterday. Today I would’t able to get up from bad. It pain so bad. I think mine right foot just twisted. Would you can give me any suggestion so that I can feel better. Any medicine suggestion for me.
Dear sir I am 42 year male suffering from lower back pain from 3 days? any suggestion from your side and how to relief it thanks
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
My mother has leg pain and akdan due to which they face the problem in walking. The pain is not in joint or in knee but in portion between knee and feet. Sometime the pain become worst
I am a 28 years old female I have cold, sneezing, running nose, problem frequently due to dust, cold climate or sweat for about 5 years i am not able to take fruits and have backache problem past 2 months, and how to improve my skin how to brighten, what treatment can I take.
Torn or damage cartilage is not just a problem for the sportsmen. It can occur to anyone. It is generally caused due to a direct hit on the body parts. Its treatment is far more complicated than a simple bone injury. The best sign to know whether or not you have injured your cartilage is to check out your activities. If you have hurt your joint and don’t notice major symptoms, like if you are still capable of putting weight on and move the joint, you might have had a cartilage injury. It doesn’t hurt you a lot in the beginning, but might get worse later.
Here are the initial care and self-treatment procedure:
- Protection: It is the first thing that has to be kept in mind. You must protect the affected area from any further injury. Thus, providing an external support, for example, use a knee brace.
- Rest: Provide complete rest to the affected joint. The rest is must during the first two or three days. Crutches may help the situation if you’ve got an injury around your knee or ankle. It is then advisable to return back to light activity over the next few days or weeks, as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ice: It is best to apply an ice pack to the injured area for about 15 to 20 minutes in every two to three hours. This must be repeated in the first two to three days.
- Compression: Use a bandage to provide the needed compression to the injured area to avoid any swelling and movement. This will not let things go beyond control.
- Elevation: You must keep the injured area raised. Keep it supported on a pillow to reduce swelling.
If there is an unbearable pain, take painkillers such as paracetamol or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). If your condition doesn’t improve after the initial therapy, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- Physiotherapy: It can be helpful in treating the affected joint. If there is any difficulty in moving the affected joint, you must opt for physiotherapy. A professional will be able to teach you exercises that will strengthen your muscles and provide support to the joint. This will help you in getting rid of the pain. It can be also beneficial at a time when you are recovering from any surgical procedure.
- Surgery: If physiotherapy doesn’t work, it means you have severe cartilage damage. In that case, you might be advised to take up surgical procedures to set things in proper shape. Surgery is done either by opening the joint or by Arthroscopy. There are various types of surgery which can be done. 1st the old and successful surgery wherein damaged part of the cartilage is debrided and filled with normal cartilage from the non-weight bearing part of the joint. 2nd is ACI (Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation) is a 2 stage procedure wherein chondrocyte is grown using stem cell and implanted in defect part in 2nd stage. 3rd is multiple drilling of the area usually done in children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.