Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raj Kumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KumarYour feedback matters!
I am a 67 year male, and have been suffering from seasonal allergy over last many years. During these allergy periods, I experience heavy phlegm formation which results in severe cough with which the body tries to expel the phlegm. Once the phlegm is expelled, the cough disappears. I need advice on how to get rid of this problem. Further, because of the above, and blockage of my sinus, I have lost my sense of smell. Is it possible to activate my smell glands now?
My son is 15 years old but still couldn't achieve his height as compared to other children, fathers height is 168 CMs and mothers 156 CMs and my son is 159 CMs now, we met with an endocrinologist and he got all relevant test done and came up with a conclusion to administer him hormone growth injections on daily basis for one year and said it might work and help him to grow 5 CMs extra than his normal height he could achieve, should I follow his advice and start putting him under such medication? Also he has a problem of severe bent penis tilted down which I understand needs to be fixed to live happy sex life. What is your opinion? would he be able to fix it permanently and if so then how?
Varicella Zoster causes Chicken pox too. In some cases of Chicken pox, the virus continues to stay in the nerves and remains dormant for a long time. When activated, this silent virus presents itself as Herpes Zoster. Therefore, 90% patients inflicted with Herpes Zoster report to have had past history of Chicken pox. Herpes Zoster appears as many collections of multiple tiny painful blisters which are filled with dirty white or yellowish fluid.
These collections appear along the distribution of the afflicted nerve. The skin below and around the eruptions is red and inflamed. It usually appears on any one side of the body. The pain varies from mild to severe and can be experienced as burning or shooting pain and can be extremely agonizing. The skin lesion may subside in 3 to 6 weeks, however the pain may last forever.
This condition is called ‘Post-Herpetic Neuralgia’. Therefore, the condition should be treated as fast as possible. Skin to skin contact is the major source of spread. However, it is not extremely infectious. Homoeopathy is strongly recommended in cases of Herpes Zoster. Homoeopathy rapidly cures the disease, relieves the pain, heals the skin lesions, prevents relapse and Post Herpetic Neuralgia.
Although the patient starts feeling comfortable within the first few days of treatment, 8 to 12 weeks of medicines is recommended to heal the lesions completely and prevent relapse and Post-herpetic neuralgia. Treatment should be continued till the affected skin becomes completely clear and healthy.
DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
Pain in the testicles is something that every male would have experienced at some point of time in their lives. It could be due to an injury, or a medical condition. Experiencing pain due to sports injuries is also common. It is a pain that occurs in the testicles and some cases it can be on both the testicles. Sometimes the pain originates from a different region of the abdomen and the spasms are felt in the testicles. Let us have a look at some of the causes and the treatment plans for such pain.
Testicle pain can be due to many causes. The testicles are round sacs and are extremely sensitive, and even a minor injury can cause bouts of pain or discomfort. In some instances, the problem arises from the groin region. In other cases, it could be an aftermath of pain that arises elsewhere. One of the common causes can be due to varicocele. This something that is similar to the varicose veins that occur in the leg. Once the veins get enlarged within the skin bags, it can push the testicles outwards- thus resulting in pain. They can also affect the sperm production and the shrinkage of testicles.
Pain in the testicle region and area could be due to diabetes, nerve damage, and side effects of a drug, gangrene, inflammation in the blood in the testicular region, kidney stones, mumps, testicular cancer, and vasectomy. Varicocele can develop over a period and in some rare cases do not require any treatment at all. In most of the cases, testicular pain can be due to a result of a direct injury. A sports injury or an accident in the groin area can cause pain and discomfort.
When to see a doctor?
Severe testicular pain or sudden discomfort in the abdomen region are indications of a testicular disease and seek medical attention immediately in such cases. Varicocele is usually associated with sharp bouts of pain that comes and goes away. Also, it is more prone in the left side testicles. A twisted testicle is also an indication that the blood does not flow freely and can result in loss of blood supply. These conditions require immediate medical attention. Please check with your doctor if you have any swelling in the scrotum and if you have the symptoms of veins protruding out abnormally. A diagnosis can be easily done by a testicular ultrasound. Check out your sperm production levels too and get medical guidance in case of irregularity.
Experts believe that almost 60% of the testicular pains are because of a direct result of physical injury. If you are a sports person, always ensure that you have proper protection when playing the game. The same goes for driving too. Also, avoid garments that are extremely tight in the groin region as this can cut off the blood supply. Varicoceles usually do not require any medical treatment as in some cases the conditions diminish on its own. In some cases, you might be requiring surgery to treat the veins and get them back to normalcy. Do indulge only in safe sexual practices to minimize chances of STD’s and other sexually transmitted infections. Even these can affect the pain in your testicles. You can also try over-the-counter medications in case of minor to medium pain. Testicular pain usually decreases on its own in many cases. In case the pain does not subsidize even after a week, check with your doctor and seek medical attention.
You can also take this Varicocele package to treat this problem without surgery.
I dnt masturbate thn y my sperm is very light n my sperm leak at any tym automatically without doing anything when im sit, sleep or stand ?wht to do please tell. Dear Dr. I am a student I can cmplt 8-10 hrs of sleep daily I am sleeping late at night about 2a. M n wake up upto 12p. M, I take 4roti in a day with a vegetables at a time, I dnt smoke n drink. I like non veg. I dnt excrise or yoga, mob. N t.v are my fav. N I used it very much So I want ask tht please tell a proper routine n diet plan with my weight n age related.
Hi. I'm 21 years of age, I'm facing delayed or retarded ejaculation when having a serial intercourse. Please help me.
Certain diseases are a major cause of concern as often these diseases can cause severe health complications. Various campaigns and awareness have been spread both by the government and NGOs for practicing safe sex to fight against these sexually transmitted diseases.
Here are a few tips on how to avoid contracting sexually transmitted diseases:
- Selective Abstinence: Selective abstinence is when people indulge in certain sexual activities, but limit in what they do to avoid the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. People who do practice selective abstinence run a lower risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, which is also dependent on the type of sexual activity they indulge in as certain sexual acts have a higher chance of spreading STDs than others.
- Using condoms: Using latex condoms decreases the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. If you use lubricants, make sure that they are water based. Condoms are however not 100% effective at preventing sexually transmitted diseases, but reduce the chance of infection to a great extent. It is highly advised to learn how to properly use condoms.
- Mutual monogamy: Another way to avoid getting infected by STDs is to practice mutual monogamy. If you and your partner do not have sex with anyone else, then it greatly reduces the chances of getting infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
- Getting tested: Getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases as well as asking your partner to do so decreases the chances of transmitting sexually transmitted diseases. Refrain from having sex if either of you test positive.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs: Avoiding the usage of recreational drugs and alcohol reduces the chances of contracting STDs. Indulging in sexual activities while being highly intoxicated can both cause you to forget practicing safe sex.
- Practicing healthy habits: Practicing certain healthy habits also reduces the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. These include avoiding sharing towels and undergarments, washing before and after sexual intercourse and getting a vaccination for hepatitis B.
- Low risk and high risk activities: Certain sexual activities such as open mouth kissing and hand to genital contact have a lower risk of infection. Other activities such as oral sex, vaginal intercourse, and genital to genital contact have a higher chance of infection. Understanding the risks better would allow you to avoid contacting diseases easily.