Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi, my two years old baby girl some time holds her breath, when she fell down then cry literally. What we need to do in this situation? Pl suggest. She doesn't response. Her face become pale and she become faint totally. Same time she folds her hand.
My 20 months old baby sometimes stools green colour for last few days. However he didn't take any green coloured food. But he take calcium, vitamin and iron syrup prescribed by a doctor. He behaves normally and is active. Is there any reason to worry? please suggest.
My son is having loose motions from past few days. Have given him endogermina oral suspension but when I stopped. It repeated again. Anything else if you can suggest.
My kid is 7 year old. He shows a lot of anger when we said him to study and other things. What we do?
Hello doc. My son is 9 years old and has cavities in his teeth. Also his teeth are coming haphazzard and yellow in colour. How can we improve his dental conditions. Thanks.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My Daughter is 21 months old. Sometimes she gets fits (convulsions or epilepsy or any other kind don't know). She got her first fit (by hitting her head accidentally) when she was about 9 months old. We have done MRI and ECG but doctor said that reports are normal. Till then fits repeated 4-5 times. We are taking homeopathic treatment but not getting satisfactory results. On 17/11/15 she got fits three times (of duration about 2-3 minutes each). Please help and suggest, whether homeopathic is good choice in her case.
My son (age 14 months) is showing crankiness all day and don't like to be alone. If left alone even for a minute, he starts crying inconsolably. Also to mention that for last 3 days he used to do potty (semi liquid type) of light yellowish color and 2-3 times a day. It is observed that his teething is on and upper lower molar teeth are protruding and 2 teeth in front are also coming. Should I give one spoon of honey everyday to smoothen his teething experience and why is he cranky all the time? Please suggest?
Hi my child is 10 months old and he is not eating anything. Nor drinking milk. He is just picking up the rubbish from the ground and eating. What should I do now. Can you recommend any tonic. Should I go for it.
My baby is 5 months nd 10 days old. Should I start solid food or should I wait for 6 months completion and with which food I should start.
Hello, my baby is just of 28 days, & I didn't receive a enough milk supply as I have tried all medicines and shatavari kalpa for lactation but no use, so she is on formula feed, I want to know that shall I give her cow's milk. How often should I sterile her feeding bottle & what time before the second use, as I am doing just after the first use n keep it on room temperature & reuse it after 3-4 hr. Pls suggest.
The child have cold. Consulted children doctor. But it is could not cleared. It is still from one year. What we have to do.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.