Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj DixitYour feedback matters!
Hello, I want to know Heart beat Maximum rate in Dengue Fever of 8 month's child, because my nephew had Dengue fever but his Maximum heart rate is 230 plus. So kindly tell me how to decrease heart rate of child.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My 2yrs daughter cant eat properly? Not interest in any food, which type of food give her? Pls suggest.
My daughter is 3 years old & I don't want another child at least for 2-3 yrs. Can you please suggest me any tablet which I can take on regular basis to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
6 month baby boy continue sly coughing last ten days I went to doctors no result. What should I do? Sell I start giving solids, home maid food, water etc.
Sir/ Mam My daughter is 7 years old, recently I have noticed that she has been complaining about a burning sensation in the stomach almost every day. I didn't pay much attention before thinking she must be wanting something like ice cream, but recently it has become regular and has got me worried. One more thing she keeps on getting mouth ulcer as well, can you please help me Ms. Surani.
Want to know about PCV vaccination for my 2 month baby.Is it is an important vaccination? ?what is the cost?
My baby is 15 days old, it was c sec delivery. My problem is my milk production is low I'm already taking lactare and perinorm from last 5 days but still it's not improved so much. I'm depressed please help.
My child aged 6 years is having retina eye problem. Everything is ok, but he can't read from certain distance. All tests have been done. But, even erg test also failed to diagnose exact problem. But it has been diagnosed as retina problem. Probably small retina. It has been suggested another test scanning after 6 months. Is there any remedy for retina problems.
Potato chips and French fries turn out to be two of the most obesity promoting foods among children and adolescents in a Study by researchers from the Duke National University of Singapore
On the other hand whole Grains and high fibre cereals were associated with Weight loss as were potatoes cooked without oil and dressing have low energy density are highly satiating and do not cause weight gain.potatoes are also rich in potassium vitamins and other essential nutrients