Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul TarikhaYour feedback matters!
Very good doctor, work very patiently and carefully, fully hygienic equipped clinic with modern and latest equipment. Very good assessment for tooth problems and correct treatment. No waiting and charges are little bit higher but are reasonable and at par with other reputed dentists. Very convenient for nearby residents. My personal experience is very good with him.
My wife is pregnant. She is now in 9 month. We actually found few weeks back tht her front teeth are widening. I. E. Noticeable distance is formed between her upper front teeth. And she is reporting tht her teeth gums are painting severely. please advise what to do.
I am from Macherla , Guntur district,Andhra Pradesh and my problem is that my teeth are changed to red color because of my habit . I use to chew tobaco.Any treatment for my teeth to get back to my natural color of my teeth ?
Mere dant k gums loss ho rhae hai. And masuda is decaying. I went to AIIMS in Feb. And they suggested some mouthwash. But its not working. please help.
My tooth is half spoiled is it possible to do root canal treatment, please suggests one nice hospital.
I am suffering from plague from many years and now one of my teeth got a hole on it. I am really worried now. Pls suggest me what to do now.
I had a root canal treatment on my two front teeth because of an accident last 8 years ago, and now the colour of my teeth is getting yellowish black now what should I do to get the teeth colour white.
Dear sir Mere ko guthkha khaini jyada khane se mera mouth band ho gaya he so please mujhe suggest kre kuch ?
I got root canal done in one of my teeth last year, but I am not able to eat with this teeth, it pains after 2-3 days and there is so much of swelling in gums around.
When i wake up in the morning my teeth bad smells come and some time bleeding gums problem also.Please tell me something ?
Hi I m 34 years old male. I ve gum problem from last 5 years. Bleeding n bad smelling in morning after awake also food chewing after kindly suggested.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.