Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul BhardwajYour feedback matters!
My dentist has recently extracted my one pre molar tooth and I have received Rct in the adjoining front tooth. What will be better for me a teeth bridge or an implant? My age is 18 years .what should be the cost of implant or bridge?
Does cleaning a teeth with salt and lime whitens the teeth? Im having yellow teeth and need to resolve it because it lowers my confidence.
Dr. Can U Please explain me about teeth problem, bleeding in teeth during pregnancy, why its happen and what is the solution for it. Thanks.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.