Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhika Adholeya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Radhika AdholeyaYour feedback matters!
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had taken medicine for scabies from many Dr. bt I only get relief till the medicine lasts. After that I get my itching back. Wht should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the lost 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
I am 52 years old man. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Having pain in left side half head. Is this due to diabetes or high blood pressure.
Will having sex with my partner I get relif fast my partner get upset from me and want to give my best to her. What to do please consult me. Thnx.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators