Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am a very exercise loving person. I alternatively run and do jumprope. Is it okay to do such exercise during periods?
I have a 2.5"thyroid. For last one year I am getting excessively heavy periods with clots and too much pain. In one report two months ago, chronic cervicitis was revealed. I also got urine infection frequently especially post condition.In urine test calcium oxalate was found in little amount. But when I got clinically checked in safdarjung, doctor said my cervix is healthy. I have been advised hysteroscopy and DNC to get rid of this problem. But I don't want hysteroscopy. But heavy periods and pain is troubling me a lot. Please suggest some medicine.
I am female pregnant 6 month second baby am 28 years am having infection in private part and very bad back pain.
I am 27 years old i am married before 9 years my periods is irregular &I have no children how can I conceive.
My wife is 22 weeks pregnant with TWINS. Medically everything is fine. My doubt is that one of doctors opinion is that you should not have sex because twin pregnancy is a risky pregnancy. Now I am confused, whether to have sex or not?
I am 5months pregnant. L am always scared while doing sex. Can sex be done during pregnancy or. Is it safe or not. Does it cause any harm to the baby. Is there any precaution in the posture while doing sex. Please suggest. No.
Is there any reaction of acidity tablets during pregnancy(approx 15 day old ). Like pantacid. Pantop40 etc etc. And is there any reaction of tablet o2 during pregnancy.
I had sex after the next day of my periods stopped and I took I pill as well and now i'm not feeling well.
Hi doctor I had Pcos problem and started taking treatment and this is 3rd cycle of ovulation induction but again it failed and I couldn't conceive this time as well.
I just started taking the mini pill as my form of contraceptive 2 weeks ago. I have taken other contraceptives with no issues. I have had a headache for the past 5 days that is just getting worse. Could this be from any contraceptive? I would like to stop taking it but I last had sex yesterday and do not want to risk pregnancy. What are my options if this is from the mini pill?
In my 2 years of marriage , i have had a very early miscarriage, then an ectopic pregnancy and then very recently another chemical pregnancy. Please advise.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 4 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
How can I make my stitches faster dissolve? I have 5 stitches at my vaginal area after baby delivery? And its pained alot What I can do?
Hi I had a sex with my husband 4 days back and my vagina is paining and itching, also white discharge flowing, I am worried will you please suggest me proper treatment.
I am not getting feeling of sex since last one month as earlier to that I is to have almost everyday but suddenly this changes why . If I say no to sex my husband gets sad so for his sake we have sex but when we have I get lot of pain in intercourse and won't get the feeling too . So please suggest me what can I take to get me the feeling of sex and I enjoy it.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.