Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. R KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have severe back pain, my job is to sit n work for 9 to 10 hours. Consulted doctor. Thy take x-ray but all is good. sciatica pain items. What shall I do now. If I stand or work for long hours my right leg pain is increasing. If I take rest. Its coming to normal. please advise.
Iam 32years male. I have severe back pain. I drive a bike 5okms per day. How to reduce my back pain.
I have lower back ache which spread towards left leg. In MRI report shows disk displacement L5S1. Doctors advise surgery for that. I want to know that surgery is how much safe. Is it curable? Thank you sir.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.
Hi, I am 30. I feel pain in heel bone while walk. Suppose I am sitting or sleeping that means no use of foot, when I get up and start walking feel pain in both heel bone. After a little slow walk pain reduces. Its very uncomfortable. .pls suggest what to do.
I am 21 years old. But I have a problem. Knee problem. X-ray was done but nothing found. But some times its feeling like someone cutting my leg. suggest me.
I am 22 years old. There is pain in some of joints and the previous injury on my hand get swollen and it pains also. There is lack in energy also.
I am 30 year male. I got sudden swelling in right feet toe after pressing it for around some time in the night. And along with good pain.
I am mother of 3 year old baby. After pregnancy I feel pain in knee joint. Some time when I use staircase some voice come from my joint, which I can here. I feel my knee joints become weak. Please help.
Hello sir I am ashok chiudavarapu from Bhubaneswar working as software developer so daily eight hours I am had to sitting chair post 6 months so im suffering with back pakn I used many tablets it can't work please help me.
I have pains in hands from last year. I feel sometimes burning sensation in my hands. Kindly tell me what to do.
I undergone coronary angiography/ angioplasty on 28th jun 2006 & coronary stententing TO. LCX (M), OM2 WITH KISSING BALLOON TO LCX (D) ON 30 -06-2006. The procedure was uncomplicated and well tolerated with good results I have back pain (probably Disc slip problem) Can I get M R I done up?
Whenever I am going to write anything I am unable to do it properly I can not hold the pain properly my finger muscles get contracted and I feel pain in my fingers. Please help me regarding this.
Hello doctors. I had c-section after having contractions for almost 2days, before 4months. Am having severe back pain (exactly back to the chest and low back). Also knee pain, joint pain. I should admit i have skipped iron calcium during my pregnancy. I have been identified with hypothyroidism recently. Any medications n exercise? Thanks in advance .
My father's age is 58. There is too much pain in my father's leg knee joint pain. What to eat to get relief from this pain.?
You might be aware that there is no way that you can prevent arthritis to happen except for being car. But what you can do is delay and reduce the risk of its potential onset. If your joints are healthy now, there is no guarantee that they will always be, unless, you take good care.
Do you know a few kinds of arthritis can be modified. They are:
1. Gout - Have a healthy, balanced diet which is low in cholesterol, alcohol and sugar. This will help you fight against the onset of gout.
2. Osteoarthritis - To modify the risk factor of osteoarthritis, it is important to maintain a healthy weight.
How to defeat arthritis?
1. Keep a check on your weight: If you are obese, you are putting more pressure on your joints and as a result, they wear out soon. By losing weight, you can make a lot of difference in your joint health.
2. Ensure good water intake: Our body is 70% water. And water is one of those things which is the most important for us. Staying hydrated is very important, even for your joints. Because when the body is dehydrated, and the body needs water, it uses the water stored in our bodies, incl the water in the cartilage.
3. Try to avoid any injury: No one really wants to get injured but it is important to be careful and cautious against injuries of any kind. The more injured your joints are, the more susceptible they are to wear and tear now, and arthritis later in life.
4. Don’t stress with physical tasks: There is a way and correct posture to do them, but many people ignore those and perform the tasks clumsily. This puts additional pressure on your joints.
5. Get Your share of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is very important for us. If your body has adequate amount of vitamin D, then you are less susceptible to arthritis. It is wise to get the levels tested and if low, a doctor consulted for proper medication.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.