Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R K MarwahaYour feedback matters!
Hello Respected Doctors. My wife age 29 years and I am 45 years old. I only want to know can I do foreplay during period.
I am a 24 years old male person having exima and I have lots of sweat when I am going outdoor. What should I do to cure it?
Treat the diarrhea
Begin eating mild foods the next day or sooner, depending on how you feel.
- Avoid spicy foods, fruits, alcohol, and caffeine until 48 hours, after all, symptoms have disappeared.
- Avoid chewing gum that contains sorbitol.
- Avoid milk for 3 days after symptoms disappear. You can eat cheese or yogurt with probiotics
My mother age 60, she is heart patient, thyroid ,bp high, gain problem, what I do my mom relief body and knee pain.
I'm suffering from cold since a month now:(and from these few day i'm also having cough. I can't laugh properly, as soon as I start laughing I start coughing:(sometimes my nose bleed (two to three times last month)
Salads in Our Life
Salad contains various types of Vitamins, calcium, folic acids, a fiber that helps to prevent chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
Salad helps in improving digestive health.
Eating salads is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and vegetables contain anti-oxidants which help in boosting the immune system.
Raw Foods in salads means no loss of vitamins and minerals due to cooking- When you're eating uncooked foods you're giving your body the maximum vitamins and nutrients available in various foods.
Almost every salad is fat-free and good for the skin and health.
Salad can increase your hydration level most veggies are majority water, so when you eat them you naturally hydrate your body.
Salads are low in calories, so eating salads instead of fatty foods helps you slim down your waist.
Eating salads helps to reduce cravings, for other fatty Foods.
Initially, eating a small amount of salad before a meal will help to prevent over-eating.
It works great for the persons with diabetes and Vegetable salads keep weight down.
Sprouted salads keep your nails strong and hair lustrous.
Salads keep the diseases away from our body.
Green salads are extremely low in calories and help to regulate metabolism in the body.
I have nightfall every 6 days, sometimes in a gap of 5 days .Is it normal or Is it indication of weakness.
I am suffering from dust allergy if I inhale any dust I suffered from dry cough and throat pain can you please suggest any solution for this?
I am of age 36 male. Recently a significant post residual volume of urine (150 ml out of 380 ml) was found in scanning. My urologist examined and first suggested a tablet for 15 days. After that, he told to do cystoscopy, but then changed his mind, and observed my urine flow. He told cystoscopy is not necessary and inserted a cathetar tube and told there is no serious problem, as the tube was able to reach bladder without any pain. He told me to continue the tablet. But the problem remains unsolved. Kindly tell me what can possible step further?
How to help testicles produce more and more testosterone? Any medical option to deal with low T hormone?
Sir, I am 23years old, I used to play cricket in academy since december. From last 15 days iam getting blood through urination, I have little pain that time during my urination and iam doing my work normally then. When I placed my finger at the hole during washing I felt there was wound through which I got bit pain. Please tell me whats the problem and how to clear the problem.
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
I researched online that masturbation is bad for you and watching porn too, I do both daily. Please tell me is it really bad? Is it because of this I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Or I feel very lazy all times. How these things effects your health. Please explain it.
Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from dysentery for the past one year. I stooped eating non veg foods. Though I am consuming vegetarian. At least in a week time, I am suffering with that. I have been undergone colonoscopy and ensured there is no problem. Even then my problem exits. Could you please suggest me any permanent solution for my issue.?
I am type 2 diabetics patient last 1 week I have blooding in urine and burning and itching pleas any suggestion or treatment.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition, the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life-threatening and the severity depends on the cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
It is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory Infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunized against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.