Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pusha MithaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 17 years old having irregular menstural means 2 - 3 months it comes then after 2 months it doesn't comes.
We are newly married. We had unprotected sex last week. Can you please suggest me how to avoid pregnancy as we are not looking for pregnancy such quickly.
Hi, I have daughter age 8 years and I want to know, we can safe from mensuration because this is time when some girls start her mensuration so what help us to extend the mensuration cycle and which type if food we give to her so its help in delay the mensuration cycle and please recommend the food which help for her growth.
Hello. Mere shadi ko 2 year ho gye or abhi thak koi baby nhi hua hau. Doctor Ko check krwaya to batya ki tube block hai .so es ke bar mai please aap mujse suggest kre.
I am having slight pain in my left breast. When I am pressing it with my hand it's little tight & painful. This pain started before 2 days of my mensuration cycle & today having 4th day of my menses. I never felt such problem before. Is it related to cyclic pain? What I need to take care. Please suggest. I am worried about it.
I am 20 years old and I had sex with my guy on 3rd feb and I was getting down regularly till 30 april that was my last periods and after that for two months I am not getting down is this pregnancy?
Hello doctor my is suffering with monthly periods with irregularities kindly help me, we have some many doctors but the problem continues.
Hi my baby is 10 months old and continue eating cerelac in the morning, rice, boiled/cooked vegetables at noon, sometimes fruit in the afternoon again cerelac in the evening but she doesn't have her food at night. Though doctor suggest to feed 4-5 times and rice twice a day. I have started poha with water/hand made breads in between. What are the essentials we can provide to keep her healthy? Her body weight is 7.5 kgs till now. At night she never wake-up to eat. If we force her that also not going to work. Please suggest, thanks.
Hello doc i am planning for baby, last month on my 3rd of period I used ovaa-should, gynovite syrup but no response, so I have changed the gynecologist she gave me the tabs of T. Clofert/sphere (not understanding) 50 mg on use 3rd of period and T.Valest 2 mg tabs on use 8 day of period, my doubt is will be any side effects first I used other tabs now I'm using this, and after using this when I should start the intercourse my period is started on 20th of feb and today is my third day, and I'm using folic tabs from Jan. When is the right time to take this tabs will this tabs will be use of conceive please help me out. Thank you.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.
I am 28 year old. I got married 9 years back and started treatment 4 year back for get pregnancy. Doctor says all reports normal and went IUI process also. Still I didn't get pregnancy. What should I do.
I am having fibroid inside and outside of my utres. Because of that I have not yet conceived. Can some one suggest me to removal method and cost for that fibroid? Inside the utres is 4.7 * 3.6 cms Outside is 7 * 6.4 cms.
I am 24 years girl and I am sexually active. I have not got my MC since more than a month. But when I had sex last time I got the MC in Feb month. As per ultrasound report I am not pregnant. Just because left ovary size got enlarged not got my MC. Please suggest. My HB 14.1 BMI 21.
Ayurveda, which is an age old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on bio-chemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.
1. Eases stress
- Epsom salt can help you calm down when you are feeling stressed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases adrenaline levels.
- Magnesium plays an important role in the release and uptake of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical in the brain. This creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation while also reducing anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Add 1 cup of epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in it for 20 minutes to feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Take an epsom salt bath about 3 times a week to enjoy a stress-free life.
2. Aids detoxification
- Epsom salt can assist in eliminating toxins from the body. The magnesium in epsom salt is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps detox the body of environmental contaminants that can potentially cause ill health.
- To enjoy a relaxing detox bath, stir in 1 to 2 cups of epson salt in a bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Relieves muscle cramps
- Epsom salt can help treat muscle cramps and relieve sore muscles after workouts. Magnesium effectively eases pain and reduces inflammation. This in turn promotes muscle relaxation and healing.
- Make a thick paste of epsom salt and hot water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort.
- Another option is to soak your body in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of epsom salt for at least 20 minutes.
- Your muscle cramps will likely heal after one application or bath. If needed, repeat the process the next day.
4. Eases aches & pains
- Epsom salt can help alleviate symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Magnesium helps regulate the ph levels in the body.
- This in turn reduces stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with any form of arthritis, including gout. It helps in bone mineralization as well. Plus, epsom salt promotes nerve functionality and soothes nerve pain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to hot water.
- Soak the aching body parts in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times each week.
5. Adds volume to hair
- Epsom salt is also healthy for your hair. It can add body to your hair, remove excess oil from your scalp and keep your scalp healthy. Plus, it can remove the buildup of hair products on the scalp that cause problems like thinning hair, hair loss and oily hair. Also, the minerals in epsom salt help repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- To make a volumizing hair mask, mix equal parts of a warm deep conditioner and epsom salt. Apply it on your slightly damp hair. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use this hair treatment once a week only.
- If you have oily hair, add a little bit of epsom salt to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual. Do it 2 times a week only.
6. Exfoliates skin
- For healthy and smooth skin, it is essential to exfoliate properly once or twice week. This helps get rid of dead skin cells and remove oil from skin pores that can cause itchiness, pimples, blackheads and other common skin problems.
- You can simply rub a handful of epsom salt over damp skin to remove dead skin cells, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix a handful of epsom salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it all over your wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use either of these treatments on a weekly basis to make your skin healthy, smooth and soft.
7. Treats sunburn
- Epsom salt is very soothing for sunburned skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate mild sunburn irritation like itchiness and pain. It can even help maintain an even skin tone.
- To treat sunburned hands and legs, mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath. Do this several times a week to notice improvement.
- Another option is to fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and mix in 1 cup of epsom salt, stirring thoroughly so the salt crystals dissolve properly. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and soak in the water for 20 minutes.
8. Alleviates foot problems
- Be it athlete’s foot, foot odor, dry foot, pain or any other foot problems, epsom salt can be used to treat these issues. Also, its natural exfoliating properties will help soften rough and callused skin on your feet.
- To get rid of foot odor or relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot, add ½ cup of epsom salt to a foot tub filled with warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes once daily until the problem is resolved.
- To treat toenail fungus, soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of epsom salt 3 times a day until you get rid of the problem.
9. Improves heart health
- Epsom salt also improves heart health. The magnesium helps maintain a normal heart rhythm and healthy arteries. When the arteries are healthy, there is less risk of blood clots, plaque buildup and damage to arterial walls.
- Also, epsom salt improves blood circulation, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Enjoy an epsom salt bath 3 times a week to improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart attack.
10. Improves digestion
- Epsom salt assists in the elimination of harmful toxins and waste products from the body and the digestive system. It also works as a laxative to soften stools, making them easier to pass, and can be used to treat constipation.
- Dissolve 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach once a day. When taken internally, epsom salt can cause some side effects, including gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Consult your doctor before taking epsom salt. Do not take it longer than 1 week.
- Also, soaking in an epsom salt bath helps reduce water retention and tummy bloating.
I am 32 years old female, I am having knee pain and leg pain after my delivery please suggest me what to do?
Having a surgery, big or small, will subject your body to a certain degree of pain. Post-operative care, hence, is of paramount importance. You'll have a surgical wound where the surgeon has made an incision. To ensure that it heals quickly and to reduce the risk of an infection, it is important that you care for your wound area and keep a regular check for unusual signs and symptoms.
Let us take a step back to understand the normal process of how a wound heals. At first, there will be inflammation during the first week when blood flow to your wound increases. This is a crucial care period as your wound is still fresh. The second phase is proliferation where new blood vessels and tissue begin to grow around the area.
The third and final phase is maturation where new cells develop to strengthen the wound and soften the scar. Depending on the location and size of your wound, your surgeon may have used stitches (medically called sutures), metal clips or staples, adhesive dressing, tape or glue. Stitches, clips and staples are usually removed between three and fourteen days after your treatment. Here is how you can care for your surgical incision:
- Change your dressing regularly: Most patients are called to the hospital at regular intervals during the first week for change of dressing two or three times. The nurse or doctor ensures a sterile environment during the process. If you find your dressing falling of late night and you can't go to the hospital, you can wash your hands thoroughly and open a new sterile dressing package and apply to your wound. At all times, touch only the edges of your old / new dressing.
- General care for your incision site: Keep the incision site as clean and dry as possible. Keep it covered with plastic during a shower if it is on your hands or legs or take a sponge bath until you get a green signal from your doctor. Protect the incision from sunlight. Some incisions may get itchy as they heal. This is quite common, but it is important not to scratch your incision during this period.
- Eating and drinking properly to heal quickly: Vitamin C and Proteins are important as they aid in healing of wounds. Eat a healthy and balanced diet, which includes a variety of lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, fruit and vegetables. Make sure that you drink enough water because if you're dehydrated, your wound may take longer to heal.
- Look for signs of infection: The common signs of an infection are redness, swelling, unusual drainage, warmth around the incision site increased pain or tenderness at the incision, incision opens up or a fever of more than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.