Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Purshottam Das GargYour feedback matters!
Hi, My son is completing 10 years today and I would like to know the list of vaccines he should be administered and from where I can get it done.
Breastfeeding up to two years of age or beyond is based on the fact that breast milk is a [key organic source of DHA (Omega fatty acids), vitamin A, calcium and proteins and provides protection against infectious agents].
In 2008 the American Academy of Family Physicians said this in their [position paper]:
> It has been estimated that a natural weaning age for humans is between
> two and seven years. Family physicians should be knowledgeable
> regarding the ongoing benefits to the child of extended breastfeeding,
> including continued immune protection, better social adjustment and
> having a sustainable food source in times of emergency. The longer
> women breastfeed, the greater the decrease in their risk of breast
> cancer. There is no evidence that extended breastfeeding is harmful to
> mother or child.
[Many scientific studies prove] the point that longer breastfeeding [enhances the
neurodevelopment of infants] and their intellectual and scholastic ability in later life. **from one of these studies increase in the IQ by breastfeeding is directly related to the duration of breastfeeding**. These benefits are strongest for the infants of low birth weight on breastmilk feeding. It is found that Poor who are more likely to
enter into child malnutrition are more likely to benefit from enhanced optimal breastfeeding
longer breastfeeding promotes suppression of [following Diseases and benefits to the infant] :
- Enhanced stereoscopic vision
- Neuromotor development
- Lower chances of obesity in Adult life
- [Increase in height]
- suppression of gastrointestinal and respiratory infectious morbidity
- suppression of atopic eczema
- suppression of asthma
[Benefits for the Mother]:
- [Weight loss]
- lower chances of breast cancer
- lower chances of premenopausal ovarian cancer
- suppression of hypertension
- suppression of type 2 diabetes
- suppression of myocardial infarction (heart attack).
**WHO recommends that breastfeeding should continue for two years or more without accurately establishing a maximum duration for breastfeeding.In addition, there is insufficient evidence on the advantages and disadvantages of continuing breastfeeding after two years.**
[It is unfortunate that about many mothers are unable to breast feed even upto 1 year]. This may be because We’ve sexualized the breast so much that people have forgotten breasts are for breast-feeding. There is A [Harvard Study which looks at both health AND cost outcomes for U.S. mothers] if they were to breastfeed for 1 year.The study found that if 90% of mothers breastfed, U.S. women would significantly lower their risk of heart attack, breast cancer, and hypertension. On a macro level, further investment in lactation support for moms could prevent $17.4 billion in maternal health costs.
Many mothers have shared [positive Experiences of extended breastfeeding in this article]
Mera beta 1 month ka he or 4 6 Dino se uske kan ke undar skin nikal rahi he. Esa kyu hota he? Hum uske kan me signtel ke 2 bund dalte he.
My daughter is 10 yrs old and keep getting strep throat very often could you please suggest so home remedies to avoid it and to build her immune system.
Hi my baby is 5 months old. Since her birth I have been using Vaidyaratnam ksheerabala Thailam for her massage and she has no problem so far. But due to winter now, her skin has become too dry and red rough skin specially face skin. I don't want to use any lotion as she keep on putting her hands in her mouth. Please suggest something safe and good for my baby's dry skin. Also please advice if I can use roghan badam shirin oil on her face / body to keep her skin moisturised.
My son of 6 months refused to drink milk just before his naps when he want to sleep he usually cries a lot, so swaddled too much, now he can't sleep without swaddling, I want to decrease it because sometimes I am badly tried and can't swaddle in cradle, please tell me a way to stop this swaddling.
My baby is 9 months nw and is active but his weight is below 8 kg .should I use any vitamis to increase his weight
My daughter is 3 months, she is active in all manner like a normal baby but she sleep less comparatively to other children. I am worried since she have less weight otherwise no health issues. Kindly suggest.
My daughter aged 10 year is suffering from slow stomach pain since last one month. Her pain starts at morning and remain for 5 to 10 mins and similarly after taking lunch and dinner for 5 to 10 min. I have done ultrasound test and it was normal. But last three days she could not able to sleep and her stomach pain going continue. Please advise me what to do?
Recently we have stopped mother's feeding to my son aged 17 months. He is not drinking cows milk. We are forcefully feeding him 1 chapati morning, afternoon & evening. He woke up in night and starts crying. We tried to feed him milk or other food he is not eating cried for 1 to 1.5 hrs every 3 hrs. We don't know what went wrong. Earlier when he was on breast feeding he used to woke 2-3 times for feeding and was sleeping. In day time also he is becoming restless and keeps on crying .Please guide us.
My son 14 yrs, he is over weight 70 kg. Approx. 8/9 years ago due to jaundice he takes 4/5 KGS. Glucose. Please advice for loss his weight.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
What is the treatment for 6 years old baby suffering with nephrotic syndrome. She is taking wysolone 25 mg alt. Day. Whether it is curable?
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
My son is 2 yrs old . He is having my feed till now . Now i want him to feed not any more bt my breast are full of milk and if i dont feed him i feel sever pain in my breasts . Wt should i do ?
??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ??, ?? ??? ???? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??,
?? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?????? |