Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet SainiYour feedback matters!
I am a 40 years old male. I am suffering from a stress at back side of my knee in my right leg. While sitting at ground I feel stress and pain also in vains. And when I get up I cant put full weight at ground by right leg. When I walk at least 10 steps then it is getting normal. While walking there is no problem at all. But sitting time and getting up time it is pain full. Kindly note that when I perform namaaz (prayer) and when I sit first time it is more pain full and stress, but after repeating I mean second third time, the stress is getting less. I have it from past one and half months. Please advice me what to do. Any exercise or what medicines I have to take.
I am suffering from fever from last night and also I have cough from many days I think this indicate any dangerous disease for me.
Am suffering from migraine. From past one year. I couldn't bare it. I took medication from doctor. But I couldn't bare it when m exposed it sun, journeys and stress.
Hello. Actually main jab bhi koi books read karne lagta hoon to mujhe neend aane lag jaati hai. Ic ka kya reason ho sakta hai or isko kaise control kiya jaye.
Daily masturbating really causes pain What do I do for getting relief from this? Please help me its really painful.
Dr. Mere sar me 4,5 saal se dard rehta h. Dr. Ko dikhaya but unhone bina MRI or Xray k bina kha ki migrane hai. 7,8 mahine dwa khai but koi aram ni. Ayurvedic bhi khai. and aankho me bhi dard hota h jaise sinus kehte h. N Kbi aade sir me to Kbi pure me dard rehta h. Jaise koi ball jump kr rhi ho. M jaanna chahti hu. Kya muje MRI krwani chahiye. Ya sirdrd ke liye koi or test h. Plzz muje bta de. Or Jb m sir pr koi kapda bandhti hu to sir sunn ho jata h. Plzz Dr. Advise me.
Hi sir I am 33 years old see at my first intercourse with my wife I will be very active and energetic after that I have no stamina to do another set but my partner needs another but after 1st only I go to good sleep she tries to wake up me but I can't. Please help my sexual life &how many times can I have sex in a day.
Too much stress can convert into brain migraine or brain tumor? I am taking too much stress headache from 2 months taking medicines but I am not recovering there is any chance then how much time it could be convert?
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.