Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puneet Girdhar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GirdharYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm actively walking every morning for about 4 km. But every night before sleeping I get strong pain on both of my lower legs and it has already taken a month. So my wife massage with oil and then I keep a warm bottle on my legs to get some relief. Kindly help.
What are the reason of hair loss (i know about dandruff is big reason) and joint pain (in every finger joint also, not shoulder and knee) Plzzz tell me what should I do.
My MRI LS Spine done on 25-may-2016 final impression says-"Grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L4 over L5 which along with degenerated and posteriorly herniated intervening L4-L5 IV disc, causing indentation of thecal sac with encroachment upon bilateral lateral recesses, both neural foramina and the bilateral exiting nerve roots (Right >Left)" Few days back I got lower back pain during playing cricket, though in initial days the pain is not that much and after few days rest I join back office, but after 5 days of my office my back is again start pain and now I am not able to stand straight, my back is tilt towards left over my naval point, Now my question is - what kind of bed rest should I prefer though doctor suggested me complete bed rest for three weeks and 4 mg of steroids thrice a day and pain killer with Caltok M2, I usually stands in morning for loo and bath and during day for food. From last 5 days of medication last 2 days I feel no pain in morning but my posture problem is as it was, but as day progresses pain develop again. Is it because of my moment or what? please help me to get early relief as I can't take more leave then three weeks.
I am suffer from knee pain from a very long time, presently I am 46 year old please tell me some home remedies.
When pain management doesn't help, what are other alternatives for back pain due to bulged discs and arthritis?
I should to play basketball earlier in my life which lead to so many ankle injuries due to which I had to quit. But in last couple of years my pain of ankles is increasing specially at night and also I have started experiencing pain on my whole feet due to which I continuously twist my feet plus I also keep cracking my fingers almost continuously. Hence my feet and hands both pain severely. What should I do to get rid of my pains?
I am suffering from knee pain am just 24 year old when I sit on my legs I suffer from knee pain tell me some suggestion to get relief from it?
I am suffering from leg pain in the right side from buttocks thighs and whole leg bottom side is burning I am feeling no emergy advise what I should do I am diabetic patient.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation?
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey and get injured while playing.
- You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones.
After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing. Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If its first episode of shoulder dislocation, usually closed reduction followed by rehabilitation is sufficient.
- In case when patient is younger than 20 years or in cases with bony injury, surgery is recommended.
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery.
- Recurrent dislocations cause more and more damage to glenoid part of scapula and humeral head.
Type of surgery required changes from simple surgery to more difficult surgery with number of dislocations. In cases of simple capsulo-labral damage, capsulolabral repair is sufficient. In cases with loss of bone from humeral head (Hillsachs Lesion), Remplissage surgery is required additionally. When glenoid bone also is deficient of bone, bony reconstruction of glenoid becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.