Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Punam ChadhaYour feedback matters!
Age-50 years. Working as house lady. I suffering whole body swelling, no working capacity I done all the test like TSH, T3,T4, Ultrasound,ECO, EEG etc. But its normal. I don't understand that what is the problem with my body. Please advice what can I do?
I'm 21 year old. I had unprotected sex on 2nd oct-&I got vaginal bleeding on 10th October. I get my periods on 24th of every month. Now it's 10th November, when will I get my regular periods?
When I have sex with my wife she feel pain and no enjoying sex she think when he quit sex then I sleep and I also no long time have sex with my wife. (Recently I have married I amam living Delhi and my wife live in hometown I meet my wife after 1 to 2 month she did not feel ) So please suggest both of us.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 26 years old female ,married. V r the on the way to plan. This month 12 period has to come but brown discharge cmg from the vagina with no sign n symptoms of menses. Am I expecting early pregnancy? I hope you will reply early.
My girlfriends period ended on 26th jan and we had unprotected sex on 28th jan. Is there a chance of pregnancy? She is having pain in her stomach and feeling like vomiting on 1st feb. Please suggest.
Pregnancy me baby movement kitne week se start hota hain? Pregnancy me daily beetroot juice pena chahiye?
My girlfriend has suppose to doubt of pregnancy as 2nd month. Is there possibility to abort by pills or simple medication. She is not interested to go hospital,
I am 36 years female has 55kg weight, how often can I take calcium and vitamins supplement and in what dosage? kindly suggest.
We all ingest three full meals in a day because food is the most essential fuel for our mind and body. This kind of fuel is the best because it contains a variety of nutrients that can keep your brain and body in good working condition. There are many benefits that are offered by various kinds of foods. Starting from vitamins and nutrients as well as other kinds of benefits like bringing down one’s cholesterol and making the body more insulin resistant, there are many kinds of benefits that are offered by these food groups.
Sunscreen is something that we all apply when we step out of the home. Sunscreen is one of the major necessities of life today as one should protect the skin from excessive sun exposure so as to avoid a range of conditions starting from skin cancer to pigmentation and much more. Apart from sunscreen lotion, one can also have a number of foods that will act as a natural sunscreen. Come and have a look at the various foods and ingredients that will help in protecting your skin from the sun.
- Tomatoes: It is a well known fact that tomatoes are a wonder food. Many people do not know that this is in fact a fruit and not a vegetable. Starting from vitamin C to many other kinds of nutrients, there are a number of health benefits that can be derived from tomatoes. In fact, when it comes to a sunscreen, this is an excellent ingredient because it contains lycopene which is a phytochemical that keeps the skin protected from the sun. This is a protein that forms a good layer over the skin so that it does not fall prey to too much sun exposure.
- Avacados: This is another wonder ingredient that you should always have in your fridge. Avacados have plenty of proteins which help in protecting your entire system starting from the organs to the skin. It keeps the skin from getting affected from any of the damaging qualities of the sun. You can easily add these chunks to salads and smoothies, or even make some fresh guacamole so that you can have good sun protection.
- Fish: The omega-3 fatty acids that are present in fish like tuna and salmon can help in giving precious sun protection. This kind of omega 3 fatty acids can also be derived from other ingredients like flaxseeds and chia seeds as well. This will help in protecting the skin from the sun and is especially helpful when you are spending the summer on the beach. In fact, one should have at least one seafood meal in a day during such times.
- Pomegranate: This is also a good fruit that one can have in order to avoid various kinds of health complications. You can have plenty of pomegranates so that the natural antioxidant element can protect your skin from the risk of skin cancer by acting as a sunscreen for your skin. This protection also comes from ellagic acids and glutathione.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 years female. My periods will b irregular oftenly. Once I show to doctor n take tablets to fr periods it happens but once I complete the course n stop taking tablets my periods continue regularly only fr 2 to 3 months. And again it stops. What may b the reason. What should I do? Please suggest.
Meri shaadi ko 6 saal ho rahe lekin 1 bhi bachcha nahi hai. Mere husband ke leftside main low sperm hai. Or blockage bhi hai. Kya mere pregnency ke chance hai.
I m not having regular periods and 19 th is supposed to be my expected date but till now it has not came. Still I m experiencing cramping and mood swings. What should I do?
Hi Missing periods from 1 month. Negative in pregnancy test after 21 days and 25 days of missing period. Still no periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy still?
I am currently not having my proper menstrual cycle for around 4 months and I also get few pimples around my left cheek and little bit of hair all too. I think its PCOD.Please tell.
I have simple right ovarian cyst measuring 50×53 mm. I have that from last 1 year onwards. I don't have pain. But I want some suggestion to recover that.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!