Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Punam ChadhaYour feedback matters!
I am shaista I am 25 years old I am trying to conceive I am not conceive last 3 years my ovary egg has weak its ovulate on the day of 12.
Hi. My wife is pregnant and into 18th week now. What Is the best time to resume inter course. After 6 or 7 months? Or from which week we can start having. Will it create any harm to baby inside?
I AM 29 YRS female my last period 8 sept and I had a sex once so I missed my period so I had regestrone 5 mg for 3 days twice a daily.
if you have taken contraceptive pill (only 1 pill) after sex and then you have sex after 1 week again. Is it needed to use another pill? If we r in doubt. Should we? Both times with condom. Contraceptive pill name - unwanted 72.
Hi doc I am married female trying to conceive from one year no problem was diagnosed during follicular study hsg sperm count all are normal but I have white discharge from 10 the day of my cycle till next period date can it affect my conception please help or suggest me any treatment or tablets so that I can get pregnant in next month.
Hello, I had unprotected sex last month's 18th! My partner is having some symptoms like drowsiness and pukish! But she had her periods 1 week back and it lasted for 3 days! Is is possible for her to be pregnant?
I am 28 year male and my wife also 28 married from six months and we are planning for a baby from these six months and after months my wife s periods got missed and we opt for test which was negative after that my wife consulted a gynaecologist nd she advised her mytol f for three months. During these 3 months my wife s periods got regulated. Now after these 3 months my wife again consulted the doctor where she advised her to stop usage of mytol f and prescribed chrominac a. Now she is taking chrominac a from the last 20 days again she got missed period and we apparently opted for and which unfortunately shows negative result. My question is what should I do now should I wait little more for one more test r should I consult a doctor again. Nd also my wife's thyroid was also nt in rite frame and she was taking medicine for that for 3 months. I also got her thyroid tests which shows tsh 5.59.
I have a pcos problem from last 4 or 5 years when ever I take yasmin only then I have a regular cycle during medicine time but after that again back to irregular. Please advise.
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects.
Read up and train yourself on how to deal with low or high sugar levels. Happy sugary pregnancy!
Am having a baby of 4 months. In the 2nd month I got period but it's not happening now. Am 90 kg so what should I do now.
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have sex on 19th july. But my girlfriend is not getting periods till now. Her last month periods date was 24th ok june. Is she pregnant? Please reply fast.
Hi doctor. I got married in 2014. But we were not ready for baby that time but after 2.5 years now we want to go for family planning. Please help me to understand what precautions and what all things we need to take care. We are trying from last one month but no positive response we are getting. My husband age is 32 and I am 28. Will there be any problem while pregnancy. Do we consult some specialist? Doc please help me. Our age is fine for family planning? Will there by any such problems like infertility. actually I am very tensed and not able to understand the reason after making 6-7 tries I have not got any positive response. That's why. please help me to understand what action or what are the important things that we need to take care. My periods are regular I mean it's not 28 cycle sometime it is 30 or 35 also but I used to get periods every monthly.
Hi! I have an important question. Suppose a girl had sex with a guy without condom and after 7 or 10 days she had sex with another man without man. In both case, the girl did not have any pill to ignore pregnancy. In this case what are the problems those may happen to the girl if she wants the pregnancy? Whose child it will be is not her problem. Her problem is if she face any illness through it.
Jor lga kr sneeze krne s kaanon ko shati phuchti hai jisse sir dard jaisi preshaniyan bani rehti hai